Old Eggs
Blue Hybrid Pansy
Leif
February Birthstone (Amethyst)
Lobo
Pavé
Jack
Tasty Cake
idek if I'm allowed to rant about this but I don't know where else to put my feelings right now. Of course this is my personal opinions so if you strongly and passionately disagree then please slide along.

I love the switch, I've been on youtube all day on the unboxing and gameplay videos. I think it's an absolutely sexy console but as for me personally, I'm not into stand up gaming like the nintendo wii or xbox kinect. I lay in bed and throw the covers over so I can be in my own little gamin bubble and play the game as a handheld and yeah, I know that's an option. But the thing is for me personally, I only ever want it as a handheld. I don't want to switch it up as advertised and for someone who only likes a certain part of the switch, I'm not willing to spend $500 only to have all the tv parts still sitting in the box collecting dust. I don't even have a tv or the room for it. I know it's early days for the switch to be making rants like this, or maybe this is me afraid of change but I wish the whole TV part of it was a seperate, optional buy.

Since it is a handheld/home console hybrid, you don't necessarily have to have it docked and on a TV. That is an option, so you don't need to use a TV to enjoy the way you like to play.

Since it is a handheld/home console hybrid, you don't necessarily have to have it docked and on a TV. That is an option, so you don't need to use a TV to enjoy the way you like to play.

I know, that's what I'm saying. I know I don't have to use the TV and that's only an option but because I know I absolutely won't use the TV, is it really worth paying to only use part of it?

i mean imo the console runs a LOT better in handheld and tabletop mode so i mean its nbd
also you can use a computer monitor / laptop if you just set it to monitor mode as a replacement for a tv

I know it seems so extra to purchase an entire console for only using the portion, but its still a big part of it, and you're into the games that come with it, then i think it should be good!

Honestly I basically only play on handheld usually like on my bed with the joy cons detached I rarely play on the tv docked because performance is weird and graphics aren't that great. If you are primarily a handheld user the switch is perfect for you.

- - - Post Merge - - -

The price isn't that unreasonable even for a handheld because the tv portion of it literally is just a hdmi output rofl.

Honestly I basically only play on handheld usually like on my bed with the joy cons detached I rarely play on the tv docked because performance is weird and graphics aren't that great. If you are primarily a handheld user the switch is perfect for you.

- - - Post Merge - - -

The price isn't that unreasonable even for a handheld because the tv portion of it literally is just a hdmi output rofl.
^ this LOL
the switch is primarially a portable, esp considering 2/3 modes use the tablet screen lol
besides, most of the divine beast battles need you to use a ****ton of effect arrows like bombs and **** and that makes TV mode HORRIBLE

Isnt the Switch only $300? or maybe its because you live somewhere that has it $500 :/ I honestly would buy it and just take it with you to a friend who has a TV? The more the merrier?

Isnt the Switch only $300? or maybe its because you live somewhere that has it $500 :/ I honestly would buy it and just take it with you to a friend who has a TV? The more the merrier?

Maybe taxes or something??

The switch is only 300$...If you really just want the switch without the dock, I heard that they're planning to sell all of the pieces separately eventually. So you'll be able just to get the screen and joy cons.
Also, I've never played the Switch standing up so I'm not sure where that's coming from. Of course just dance and Switch 1, 2 are made for standing up but no ones forcing you to get those games.
I mostly play the switch in it's mobile form, as do many people, but if you don't think it's worth the price, don't get it obviously. :)

The $500 is likely not USD.

But yeah I can see your point, I honestly if I did get it would use it probably exclusively as a handheld.

Yeah, knowing that you can connect HDMI to a laptop or computer screen makes the switch a lot more desirable for me. I don't even have a TV. I'm also a big handheld gamer so that part was the only thing that really appealed to me. Really wish there was an AC game for it though.

Last edited:
I know, that's what I'm saying. I know I don't have to use the TV and that's only an option but because I know I absolutely won't use the TV, is it really worth paying to only use part of it?

I would think so. I'm not sure if the Switch is only compatible with HDMI, but since my TV is set up for older consoles and doesn't have HDMI I will probably end up only using the handheld part. That's not an issue with me at all.

That's what I do with the Wii U anyways.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Really wish there was an AC game for it though.
Animal Crossing games take a long time to develop. Just because they haven't released it on the release date doesn't mean that they won't release one at all. It might take a few years like ACCF on the Wii.

I would expect the next AC game to be released sometime around 2018 or 2019.

To me, it seems like you are mad just because you can't afford it. It isn't expensive because it can be docked. It is expensive because of the hardware relative to the size of the device. If it didn't have docking capabilities, no one would buy it because it would still be just expensive with a vital feature gone.

The price isn't that much different from what the 3DS XL was.

If it's your dollar, I feel you (I'm Canadian and our dollar is CRAP so everything's prices jack up like wild) but it isn't the switch's fault because everything is extra expensive here when it comes to games. ex, games for PS4 in the USA are $60, here they're $80.

The price isn't that much different from what the 3DS XL was.

If it's your dollar, I feel you (I'm Canadian and our dollar is CRAP so everything's prices jack up like wild) but it isn't the switch's fault because everything is extra expensive here when it comes to games. ex, games for PS4 in the USA are $60, here they're $80.

At least, it's not like the Wii U where you need to have a tv (at times) and the actual unit nearby to be able to play it. That's when I think your complaint would be justifiable. Probably when time comes Animal Crossing Switch is released, the price would be a bit lower than what it is now. You don't have to buy right away especially if you're not a big fan of Zelda.

Last edited:
when they release the white switch this is what im doing:

step 1. buy old used TV because i'll be broke after buying the switch

step 2. hook up TV in front of my bed

step 3. use the switch comfily snuggled up in my blanket

this will be super effective for Animal Switching(anyone else calling it that? lol) and Pokemon Stars/Rainbow :p

but yeah i think handheld systems are the best thats why the 3DS is amazing. if you dont wanna use a TV, just hook up both the joycons and there you have it, a handheld! but i see what you mean with not wanting to spend more for what you're gonna use in the end.

I say do it when you can, I can but I am waiting for more games to come out for it then it's a go. Right now I have my 3ds and updated NL and many other games to keep me going u til there are at least 3 must have games then yes to the switch. I know I'm getting it but I'm just waiting no reason to rush if your waiting for an AC plus some of the other games maybe prices will drop by then. I love Zelda but will love it just as much in a few months I know I will get it by years end but am letting them find their way with parts and games first. We all know they are working hard on new games for this as a long investment don't worry I never stood up for my Wii just wait until more games come rolling on in they are putting a lot into this so trust me they are coming. This one is intended to be around a while. So you have time to save up if that's the issue. Just out like 20 dollars a month at least toward it buy on Amazon should find it to be 300 USD and don't feel rushed 3ds isn't going anywhere.

The dock is mostly just a cheap piece of plastic that doesn't even have padding to prevent screen scratching. I doubt much of your money is being spent on that.

Back