Villager Popularity List {UPDATED - 1/5}

Bump

An update will be coming or tomorrow or Sunday, sorry for the wait guys. :(

Last edited:
Bump

Well, I'm sorry I hadn't been able to update. I try and distract myself from some irl things that bother me and make me sad alot. I may update soon.

Last edited:
I think the entire thing is bogus.

The opinion of one person?
A group?

Makes no sense.

Last edited:
I've seen that Lolly is popular. I'm surprised since I just got her in my new town and have never heard of her before. But she is pretty cute so I suppose that makes sense. This is kind of fun to read.

I think the entire thing is bogus.

The opinion of one person?
A group?

Makes no sense.
Well it's fine if you don't agree. But please clarify more on why it's "bogus"? Besides saying it's from my opinion or a group's?

You can look at Chrystina's and Houndoomed's lists and both have used the mechanics used to determine a villager's spot and I won't do anything to change their way of updating.
Sorry if I sound rude, I don't mean to, but I kinda want to make you understand.

Last edited:
Like I said. It's just the opinion(s) of a few people. It's not a hard coded fact, or an official Nintendo list or anything.
That's all.

If I understand this right, 'popularity' here is measured by peoples interest, and the only way to measure interest is to check the trends in this site and elsewhere. I'm rather curious how far the reach villager interest is measured in this list. Maybe the creators of this list can be more specific on the methods and sources they use to gather their information.

I would judge them by the detail of their sprite. Are they well done, ugly, etc.

Wolfgang to me, is perfect.
I can't fault him.

Like I said. It's just the opinion(s) of a few people. It's not a hard coded fact, or an official Nintendo list or anything.
That's all.
Yeah this isn't an official Nintendo list, but people would use this as a source on TBT to see which villagers would be able to sell for more.

Even the weirdest looking villager could rise to T1! Ruby had even fallen down to Tier Four at one point too, now she's Tier One. Melba was Tier Five in Houndoomed's List, but rose to Tier One on Chrystina's! While she's at Tier Four in this list, it's still a possibility she could rise to Tier One again.

We detail it from everyone, not a few. If you were to look for any villager right now your LF would go into our data for determining placings too.

It should be based on the sprite.
Look at Mathilda. Beautifully detailed, yet you have her at the very bottom.

The reason it shouldn't be based on your list, is people charging absurd prices for villagers that look like they fell out of the ugly tree, and hit every branch on the way down. O_O

Last edited:
It should be based on the sprite.
Look at Mathilda. Beautifully detailed, yet you have her at the very bottom.

The reason it shouldn't be based on your list, is people charging absurd prices for villagers that look like they fell out of the ugly tree, and hit every branch on the way down. O_O

I'm sure others have mentioned this before, but these villagers are ranked by their popularity on the site, not by personal interest. It doesn't matter how ugly a villager is; if it's really high in demand, it's gonna be worth a lot more.

Tbh idk why you complain your fav villagers are at the bottom. That just means you have to pay less for them. My absolute favorite villager is a tier 6 and I got him rly cheap for that.

I'm not complaining.

I'm commenting on the popularity rating system. :-|

Yeah but it is in no way constructive. And we understand that you don't like the way it works, but you don't have to constantly remind us...

Back