• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you feel guilty kicking out villagers/letting them move?

Laurelinde

Bells
Switch
5842-4734-7696
I recently got some Amiibo cards and started using them to move in new villagers to my town. I knew I wanted Cole to leave because I didn't really like him and his house was in a bad spot, but now I've started moving some others in and out and I feel kind of bad about it. Peaches was one of my original villagers, I think, and Frita's been my next door neighbor for a really long time.

Bluebear was in my Wild World town and she's been a dreamie for ages. I love dragons and alligators and Drago's house is cool, so I wanted him too. And I also want to move June in because she's so adorable, but I don't know who to replace. But I feel like a jerk asking people to leave after such a long time. Some of the sad letters they send just make it worse! And then I start worrying about balance of male to female villagers, and personalities, and I just...sigh. :/

Does anyone else feel bad about villagers leaving? I hate that it bothers me but I can't seem to shake it.

When Felicity in my town first told me that she qas gonna move out, I kept asking her to stay. And then eventually when she asked again, Id figure shell keep asking again and again and it wouldnt be so bad to have a new villager so I told her to lol I dont feel too bad though because new villager might bring something new to my town.

No, there were times where I regretted letting go of villagers like Bluebear. I wish I could fit in more villagers.

No, unless I've grown attached to them but if it does happen, they'll probably become dreamies that I won't eventually let go.

I do all the time! Especially when they are villagers that I do like, I just like others better. I usually try to avoid reading their goodbye letters to make the guilt less. ^^;

Nope, because if I ever get to that level of attachment, I usually just keep them!

If I'm really attached to the varmint, he/she/it will stay. I look at the booting/replacement as moving them out of my undeveloped town, that they complain about incessantly, and give them the opportunity to live in a better place. If I miss any of them, they will show up on Main St. and will be in a good mood and holding no grudge.

Nope, the ones I usually kick out are villagers I really don't want or I already have in another town and don't want them twice.

Honestly it depends.

I will have to let Peewee, Ankha, Bam, and Phoebe go in order to have Chai, Etoile, Chelsea, and Marty move in and I particularly feel bad about Phoebe since I just got her

I let Marina go for Chrissy and I like Marina a lot buuuut her house was in an awful position. Maybe later I'll move her back in but Chrissy is one of my absolute favorites.

I'd feel bad kicking them out with amiibos, 'cause that just sounds mean. But if I'm neutral about a villager or really can't stand them, then I don't feel bad about letting them go.

I'm currently trying to get Hopper and Clyde to move out. I feel bad sometimes when they want to talk to me and follow me, but I have to ignore them.

I do sometimes if it's a villager I like or ended up liking. I made a town with the intent of having all cats, and I ended up liking some of the villagers that came with that town and felt a little bad letting them leave.

sometimes. but I have to remind myself it's just a game.
and on this note since I got Fauna's amiibo I've been wanting to swap her for Chelsea but I'm having a reeeeaaaallllyyy hard time bringing myself to do it.

I used to have 10 Dreamies in the games and i got them all, but 2/5 or 3 years pass with them in my town and i just get bored of them (except Marshal) so i pick 9 new Villagers. I don't feel bad but it's weird to read his letters and see other Neighbors hanging around in your town except for those 9 you see for 3 years.

Depends on who you kick out.

Sometimes I feel bad, but I get over it eventually because I see them in Main Street so they're not gone forever :)

I felt bad giving Gayle away to a friend to make room for a villager I liked better. At least I know they will take care of her and I can always visit them

Kinda.
But unless they are rude/are in a bad spot.

I do feel kind of bad using amiibo cards. Feels like I'm just kicking them out of town unceremoniously. But I don't feel guilty letting a villager leave when they ask to leave, because it's their choice in that situation.

Back