• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Zelda Zelda: Breath of the Wild Discussion [USE SPOILER TAGS!]

Question: Does the Yiga Clan revive after a blood moon occurs?

Technically, they are not monsters but they are still enemies. I am not far enough in the game to find this out myself so I am curious if anyone else knows.

If you mean the "Travelers", they seem to in my experience.

Does anyone know where I can get a traveler's sword? I need one for a side quest. I know enemies used to have them at the Great Plateau, but when I went back to check, some of the Bokoblins are now the black ones and they have better swords. Where can I find a bad weapon?! lol

Does anyone know where I can get a traveler's sword? I need one for a side quest. I know enemies used to have them at the Great Plateau, but when I went back to check, some of the Bokoblins are now the black ones and they have better swords. Where can I find a bad weapon?! lol

try some of the ruin areas on the road from the great plateau to kakariko. I feel like I remember some lying around there

I finished all 120 shrines about a week and a half ago... I found 100 without a guide then used a guide for the remainder. I really want hard mode to come soon so I have an excuse to start again.

Ganon was absurdly easy, unfortunately.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also, here's a picture of the TV I took with my phone. High-tech ****.

IMG_20170318_012947160_TOP-min.jpg

Last edited:
Do you think Nintendo will fix the issue with the game save data only being saved on the unit? Now that some people have had to have replacement or repairs, they've lost their game data, I'd be so bummed if I had to start all over again

and does anyone know if this is just he case with BOTW or will every game be saved on the switch?

Do you think Nintendo will fix the issue with the game save data only being saved on the unit? Now that some people have had to have replacement or repairs, they've lost their game data, I'd be so bummed if I had to start all over again

and does anyone know if this is just he case with BOTW or will every game be saved on the switch?

Yeah, all save data is stored on the internal storage. So expect this with all games.

I am hopeful we'll see a cloud save solution in the fall with the subscription service. Although that'll likely be for paid users only so it won't solve the issue for everyone.

I hope Nintendo implements a cloud storage function, although I don't doubt save backups will come to the system in one way or another. Hopefully sooner than later.

apparently Nintendo released an update yesterday, all the notes said is "performance improvements" I haven't had a chance to play the game or update, does anyone notice any frame rate improvements??

apparently Nintendo released an update yesterday, all the notes said is "performance improvements" I haven't had a chance to play the game or update, does anyone notice any frame rate improvements??

Yep. It definitively gives a framerate improvement on previously laggy parts. The Wii U version also has a performance boost from what I've read, but it isn't as noticeable there.

The update on Wii U did help a bit. Shrines and just normal running around in the world are almost always 30fps now, same with Zora's Domain. Weather effects still drop it a bit though. Korok Forest/Kakariko Village/using Magnesis, Cryonis, or Stasis still make the game plummet to like 10fps.
This basically fixed a few minor problems but none of the major ones. It's a good start however and hopefully it fixes the random freezing and crashing that I get more often than you should (which is never). Now to see if they can at least make the game have a bottom cap of 20fps (AT MINIMUM) and reduce pop-in, and remove the occasional random floating object and this game could maybe raise up to a 9/10 for me. Still no way it's gonna get to a 10/10 though.

I just realized something I remembered from Wind Waker that has me a bit confused about the races in this game.

In Wind Waker didn't all the Zora go extinct/evolve into Rito? I'm wondering how both can be in this game simultaneously. I guess if it takes place before Wind Waker but after the species split?

I just realized something I remembered from Wind Waker that has me a bit confused about the races in this game.

In Wind Waker didn't all the Zora go extinct/evolve into Rito? I'm wondering how both can be in this game simultaneously. I guess if it takes place before Wind Waker but after the species split?

The Rito are also much more like actual birds in this game, whereas in Wind Waker it was more like humans with beaks and wings haha.

I set poor Link on fire and ran around the Goron city wasting fairies until I found the accessory shop for fire resistance stuff. I'm guessing that wasn't what I was supposed to do, but it worked. lol

I also found out if you hold a fire sword or fire rod and wear the cold resistant shirt you can walk around the really snowy areas. Too bad the frost blade failed to keep Link from catching fire on Death Mountain.

The update on Wii U did help a bit. Shrines and just normal running around in the world are almost always 30fps now, same with Zora's Domain. Weather effects still drop it a bit though. Korok Forest/Kakariko Village/using Magnesis, Cryonis, or Stasis still make the game plummet to like 10fps.
This basically fixed a few minor problems but none of the major ones. It's a good start however and hopefully it fixes the random freezing and crashing that I get more often than you should (which is never). Now to see if they can at least make the game have a bottom cap of 20fps (AT MINIMUM) and reduce pop-in, and remove the occasional random floating object and this game could maybe raise up to a 9/10 for me. Still no way it's gonna get to a 10/10 though.

Adding to this , atleast on Wii U BOTW Update , Its still unfixed when you fight a moblin the screen may freeze for 1-2 seconds , not annoying at all but still

I so want the Nintendo Switch and this game! I'm so gonna try save up over the next month or two to get it.

Adding to this , atleast on Wii U BOTW Update , Its still unfixed when you fight a moblin the screen may freeze for 1-2 seconds , not annoying at all but still
I really hate this. The black moblins freak me out already. I don't need the game freezing in the middle of fighting them.

I write a small review not too long ago on my own forum, i'll post it here for you -3 It's spoiler free don't worry!

" So it begins! So far i'm really loving it. This will be spoiler free so don't worry! I've only just left the great plateau and I can already tell you they've got the pacing and presentation completely correct. I love Final Fantasy XV but one of the gripes I had which alot of people had which happens in open world games was the pacing of the story, the first 7 chapters were open world with very little story and then the last 7 were sped up. Most of that game you wanted more story, as for legend of zelda they've got the open world pacing of the story correct. I've never been left wanting more of either as just when you start to crave story, you find a town, village or random npc and then when you're ready you can go off on your own.

The game looks AMAZING. For a 900p resolution game, you hardly notice the difference in it not being 1080p, the art style is great (kind of like a hybrid between wind waker and twilight princess). They've put loads of little details like fog/mist, link shivering when he's cold and the amount of grass rendered on screen is impressive. I'm impressed at how powerful the console is for being so small. Considering it can run a slightly scaled down version of the HD remastered skyrim (not the original hd ps3 version), it goes to show the console is in between ps3 & ps4 in terms of specs and it's TINY!

The gameplay in loz is great, the button mapping and controls are really useful and well thought out. You can easily change your weapons on the fly and check the map easily, set markers and guides. The interface is very simple and clean (which seems to be a theme for the switch). This actually makes it seem more futuristic in a way as it's just exactly what it needs to have. The fighting is harder than most games and it's very easy to die in this game. Even if you're swimming you have to watch yoru stamina which is quite addictive. The climbing mechanism is great because nintendo made every surface scaleable and not just certain ledges so when you see a wall you actually think "are there ledges half way I can regain my strength to to climb?" instead of, where's the key features that I can grip onto.

In all I think this game is a big step forward. I've never had this kind of excitement and exploration lately (besides FFXV) just to run in any direction and see what you find. Each zelda game is great in it's own way, even though they've deviated from the series, I still will enjoy the old zelda games. It does free new and fresh, and i'm glad they have! "

Where is the Goron with son in their name? This Goron is super stealthy; I can't find them. I found a Rito and Gerudo though without trying and I guess they will be important eventually.

Two shrines missing and it's making me go BONKERS!

Where is the Goron with son in their name? This Goron is super stealthy; I can't find them. I found a Rito and Gerudo though without trying and I guess they will be important eventually.

They can be found in the Southern Mine south of Goron Village.

Back