Zelda Zelda: Breath of the Wild Discussion [USE SPOILER TAGS!]

2. Does anyone know how to heal your horse? I mean I feed Epona plenty of apples and she's gotten hit like three times the whole time I've had her, but it's always good to be aware.

Thank you!

I read on Reddit back then that whenever you take a horse out of a stable, its health is fully replenished. I used to think feeding them apples helped too but I think it only increases your bond level with them. How much damage they can take is determined by the strength stat, and is reflective of the weapon level they take damage from. So high damage weapons can be deadly if your horse is in a bad spot, that's why horseback combat can be particularly dangerous once stronger enemies start showing up with better weapons. I can't give exact values, but I can try digging for that thread I found on Reddit in March.

I've only had one horse die on me and it was shot by a bokoblin rider with one of the stronger lizal bows, so it basically died in two hits. Thankfully I was near the place where you can have a fallen horse brought back to life, so that's always an option if you get attached to a horse like I did haha. I won't spoil where it is, but it's out there!

I read on Reddit back then that whenever you take a horse out of a stable, its health is fully replenished. I used to think feeding them apples helped too but I think it only increases your bond level with them. How much damage they can take is determined by the strength stat, and is reflective of the weapon level they take damage from. So high damage weapons can be deadly if your horse is in a bad spot, that's why horseback combat can be particularly dangerous once stronger enemies start showing up with better weapons. I can't give exact values, but I can try digging for that thread I found on Reddit in March.

I've only had one horse die on me and it was shot by a bokoblin rider with one of the stronger lizal bows, so it basically died in two hits. Thankfully I was near the place where you can have a fallen horse brought back to life, so that's always an option if you get attached to a horse like I did haha. I won't spoil where it is, but it's out there!

Ah alright thank you! I really needed to know, and it makes sense. :)

Ah okay, thanks so much! Is there a stable close by and are there any enemies to look out for?
There is a stable, but it is past 2 Lynels. Just gallop really fast past them. It is also pretty much the only way you can take a horse so it is easy to find.

My favorite horse I have actually has a 3 speed stat. I find it is easier to control than some of the faster horses.

Ah okay, thanks so much! Is there a stable close by and are there any enemies to look out for?

The regional stable (highland stable) is pretty far away actually, and there are actually 2 lynels on path out of the grasslands, but you can avoid them by just running past. There are also some bokoblins on horseback, but they can be avoided with a mask. Good luck! :)

The regional stable (highland stable) is pretty far away actually, and there are actually 2 lynels on path out of the grasslands, but you can avoid them by just running past. There are also some bokoblins on horseback, but they can be avoided with a mask. Good luck! :)

I FOUND IT! Well, actually I caught two horses. A rare one which I shall not name for spoiler reasons (And I don't know how to put up spoilers lol), but after I registered that horse, I went back. After about 5 times of reloading the save, not only did I find Link's BOTW steed, but it came with the 4/4/5 stats you spoke of! It was easy! I named him Galileo, and I have no clue why xD He just looked like a Galileo to me :p Anywho, thanks for the help. It really did help me find the horse I was looking for!!

Last edited:
I did the side quest outside of Gerudo village, but I was wondering if there was a way to get the sand and the snow boots. I want to get all of the armor in the game and I don't like that he trades one for the other. Can I give him something or maybe buy the boots somewhere?

Last edited:
I did the side quest outside of Gerudo village, but I was wondering if there was a way to get the sand and the snow boots. I want to get all of the armor in the game and I don't like that he trades one for the other. Can I give him something or maybe buy the boots somewhere?

If you talk to him again he'll give you another side quest where you can get the snow boots

Last edited:
If you talk to him again he'll give you another side quest where you can get the snow boots
Really? Did I just talk to him too soon? He was just depressed right after I did the sand boot quest. lol I'll have to visit him again now and see.

I found another great place where you can get horses with phenomenal stats! here's a video under the spoiler.

Ah yes I've seen that video! I would've gone there but Taobab was easier judging by my circumstances.

Ah yes I've seen that video! I would've gone there but Taobab was easier judging by my circumstances.

that's cool. I just discovered this spot today though. I caught another 4/4/5 It's chocolate brown and I named him Ghiradelli.:)

I'm surprised I actually caught a 5/3/5 horse :eek: I think I'll make it my mane hehe
I actually got it at the same place in the video before I watched it - I think I'll go again to find a faster horse though.

Last edited:
So today I decided to go up against a silver lynel I wasn't planning on it but I was just like eh why not. I actually fought two of them and it was a battle for sure but really fun I've really been enjoying fighting all the lynels since I've avoided all of them until now. One of the things I'm working on right now before I defeat Ganon is upgraded all my outfits to full defense that's my goal. I also need 2 more side quests and have 114 shrines down but the korok seeds are a pain to collect I only have maybe 245? I also got the cap of twilight today so now I'll just have to keep scanning the amiibo for the rest of the set. I also fought 3 guardians by the castle just because I really need ancient stuff to upgrade my guardian armor.

I am annoyed by one of the blue/green Lynels. I almost beat one, but I guess I got too far away from where I started fighting and it disappeared. It reappeared back at the top of the hill with all of its health back. Then I reloaded my save to get my broken weapons back. That's what it gets for being cheap. Then I was too annoyed to fight it again. Maybe I will challenge that Lynel again soon. I did manage to beat a white one once. It helps once Link starts getting defense.

I feel like I'm finally coming close to the end. As much as I've loved this game, it's getting a little tiring now! I've had breaks from it lasting up to a couple weeks because my motivation to continue it dropped momentarily, but I'm getting back into it. I've fully completed my map and explored most of the Eldin region, now I just need to go straight for the dungeon. I still haven't been around Hyrule Castle that much, I've had a peek while riding by but nothing more, I'm leaving it until the very end so I can savour it. I think I have 8 shrines left, and somewhere near 300 seeds, with weapon inventory fully expanded so I think I'm set for the finale soon. I don't think I'll bother upgrading my armour much more, I haven't had a lot of luck with star fragments falling but I've found enough to upgrade my favourite sets fully. Debating whether or not I should get the ancient armour set. I've mostly been using the diamond circlet and it feels like enough if I get blasted, but guardians really aren't much of a threat anymore with this much health/defence.

It's weird looking over the map and remembering where and when I explored places, it feels like so long ago now. Sad in a way, but it's been a very enjoyable experience.

S2l8QTI.jpg

I beat all the shrines, have all the items fully enhanced (except for the amiibo stuff. star fragment hunting -_-) and seeing myself around 32% is bothersome. The Korok seeds are not worth it to me.

I need another Switch game.

i beat the game, but i still have a few shrines to find. i'm definitely not going for 100% completion, that korok hunt is insane

did anyone else think the voice acting was horrendous?? especially Zelda, she annoyed the f*** out of me

Back