• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Zelda Zelda: Breath of the Wild Discussion [USE SPOILER TAGS!]

I've just beat the game and I'm still obsessed with it and want to get more playtime out of it.

I know there are challenges in Skyrim, like not being allowed to use fast travel or not being allowed to use in-game vendors. Does anybody know whether there are any (what are essentially nuzlockes) challenges for breath of the wild?

I've just beat the game and I'm still obsessed with it and want to get more playtime out of it.

I know there are challenges in Skyrim, like not being allowed to use fast travel or not being allowed to use in-game vendors. Does anybody know whether there are any (what are essentially nuzlockes) challenges for breath of the wild?

DLC has a hard mode I believe? And also there are shrine "trials" to do if you find them.

Yeah, I was surprised since most of the amiibo stuff (like, all of the armor. ALL of it.) is lackluster.
And since I'm talking about amiibos so much, here's a nice list of what each amiibo gives you! It's what I've been using at least.

That is a really nice comprehensive list there! I got all 5 Smash Zelda-related amiibos and I am so glad I have them after reading this list! :D

For those of you who have progressed to the first objective of the story after leaving the intro area, I stumbled upon a really cool hidden location yesterday while exploring if you are in need of getting a lot of rupees:

Near the stable you pass heading to Kakariko Village, if you follow the river that goes by the right of it (this is in perspective of going through the Twin Peaks from Hyrule Field), go to the very end of it and climb to the top of the waterfall found at its origin to discover a bomb wall with a hidden cave full of gemstone-filled chests (There also is another wall inside of it that you can use a bomb on that will unveil a hidden chest with a very special item in it as well)! :D

Last edited:
Can anyone give this lousy huntsman some tips to bring down wild boars? I manage to get one shot before they bolt and I'm in desperate need of meat.

Last edited:
That is a really nice comprehensive list there! I got all 5 Smash Zelda-related amiibos and I am so glad I have them after reading this list! :D

For those of you who have progressed to the first objective of the story after leaving the intro area, I stumbled upon a really cool hidden location yesterday while exploring if you are in need of getting a lot of rupees:

Near the stable you pass heading to Kakariko Village, if you follow the river that goes by the right of it (this is in perspective of going through the Twin Peaks from Hyrule Field), go to the very end of it and climb to the top of the waterfall found at its origin to discover a bomb wall with a hidden cave full of gemstone-filled chests (There also is another wall inside of it that you can use a bomb on that will unveil a hidden chest with a very special item in it as well)! :D

That's actually the reward for a side-quest / a side-quest leads to that, if you didn't know. :p (you didn't mention any quest so I'm guessing not?)

Can anyone give this lousy huntsman some tips to bring down wild boars? I manage to get one shot before they bolt and I'm in desperate need of meat.

This is kinda obvious so if you already know this I apologize, but are you trying to hit their head/eye? It's usually an instant kill with one shot if you get an eye/headshot. It makes a little ting sound.

[I'd delete this post if the TBT staff would let me]

[However, my response to the below post was deleted - salty]

Last edited:
Okay this is not really a spoiler for the game, but more of a question because I really don't want to look it up just in case I get spoiled on anything else. Even though it will probably take me a month to finish the game with the way a keep getting distracted but:
I noticed that I was able to jump on a bear, like you can on horses and I'm wondering if I can actually tame a bear and have one to call upon?
Because having a bear would be really cool, but it would seem odd. But then why would you be able to jump on the bear and not on other wild animals.

Has anyone tried going to Hyrule castle when the game suggests not to? I had to see it. Then I had to fast travel away because I couldn't get out of the area without dying. lol

I just got a camera option as an upgrade. And there is an option to take selfies. Is it bad if the first thing I want to try is to take a selfie with a walking guardian?

Has anyone tried going to Hyrule castle when the game suggests not to? I had to see it. Then I had to fast travel away because I couldn't get out of the area without dying. lol

I just got a camera option as an upgrade. And there is an option to take selfies. Is it bad if the first thing I want to try is to take a selfie with a walking guardian?

Is that with all the guardians around. Because if so I had to abandon my horse and teleport away from there...Spirit is still there and I have no intention of going back anytime soon.

DLC has a hard mode I believe? And also there are shrine "trials" to do if you find them.

not out yet unfortunately :(

- - - Post Merge - - -

You can actually go as soon as the first cutscene ends (there's a way of glitching out of the "starting" area). I would actually recommend going there earlier on in the game to obtain the Hyrule shield (it's unbreakable and has 90 def) as well as a lot of ridiculously good weapons, because there are literally like 50 60+ att weapons laying around in hyrule castle (it has an interior which you can explore).

use revalis gale to bypass the guardians, run and find shelter if needed, avoid the enemies, wait for it to recharge, keep scaling the castle, get to the top, get a korok and then drop down and bam you'll be at Ganon that's what I did

use revalis gale to bypass the guardians, run and find shelter if needed, avoid the enemies, wait for it to recharge, keep scaling the castle, get to the top, get a korok and then drop down and bam you'll be at Ganon that's what I did

I went to the castle before I had finished the Rito quest so I didn't have Revali's gale T_T I had to sneakily climb my way up (without killing a guardian sentry) until I found an entrance to the interior. I then disguised myself using the Monster masks so that I wasn't destroyed by the ridiculously powerful 1-hit KO monsters that lurk inside. You should also use the Zora tunic, since there are a few pretty tall waterfalls. How did you find the Ganon fight? I was pretty overwhelmed with his Calamity Spider form and underwhelmed with his beast form. The final boss was literally so easy...

I had a really hard time with hunting too before I got the hang of it.

First of all if you're not sneaking up on them you should do that. Like, sneak up till right before they're about to bolt. (that was my problem I always got too close) You can use stealth elixers to get extra close.
Second, like Justin said, aim for the head. It's an instant kill if you hit them in the head, you don't have to chase them around.

Also, just a tip: I find you can use bird drumsticks in place of normal meat for recipes a lot. and birds drop 2 drumsticks and can be killed instantly with a shot through the body, so I find them easier to kill.
I hope that helped

Last edited:
I went to the castle before I had finished the Rito quest so I didn't have Revali's gale T_T I had to sneakily climb my way up (without killing a guardian sentry) until I found an entrance to the interior. I then disguised myself using the Monster masks so that I wasn't destroyed by the ridiculously powerful 1-hit KO monsters that lurk inside. You should also use the Zora tunic, since there are a few pretty tall waterfalls. How did you find the Ganon fight? I was pretty overwhelmed with his Calamity Spider form and underwhelmed with his beast form. The final boss was literally so easy...

LOL I realised I ran out of bomb arrows so I just went back to the town that sells a ton LOL
Vah Medoh is super easy though - took me about an hour for dungeon + battle including boarding?

That's actually the reward for a side-quest / a side-quest leads to that, if you didn't know. :p (you didn't mention any quest so I'm guessing not?)

I find it funny that you mention this Justin because I discovered that it was a side quest before I read your post! lol

I finally bought me a Wii U Pro Controller yesterday (I joined the Wii U party just a few months ago so that is why I am just now getting one years after its release) and it definitely makes a world of a difference in this game (sadly you can't play this game with just the pro controller because of certain puzzles that require the gamepad :( )! To anyone that has the Wii U version and no pro controller, I would definitely recommend getting your hands on one. :) How many of you play BOTW with the pro controller?

Last edited:
I actually dislike Zelda's voice, sounds nothing like I imagined it to. I get they made her English for that pure/posh/royal vibe, but they tried too hard to get it like that and it just doesn't work at all. Not to mention, her "relatives" in the game have a US accent, whilst she has an English accent - how is that possible?

I have to be honest I wasn't a fan of her voice at first because I also had imagined her to sounding a bit different but after playing for awhile and watching the cut-scenes and hearing her actually talk I've gotten used to her voice and I think it fits her perfectly, I couldn't imagine anything better for her.

My brother found an easy was to get free arrows. Just find a Bokoblin sentry on a tower and get its attention. You can pick up arrows it shoots at you for a little while. If any stick in your shield, just put the shield away and you get that arrow too.

There are so many guardians lurking in Hyrule castle area. I died a bunch of times trying to reach the tower that gives you the area map. I also had some fun with the camera. This is Link getting too close to guardians and wasting fairies. lol

guardian1.jpg
guardian2.jpg
guardian3.jpg

omg Bolson is so hilarious (one liners for days), I don't want to do the full upgrade on my house so I can have him there to do the dance anytime

- - - Post Merge - - -

If anyone is trying to gather wood bundles, I got them quickly by going to the woods, bombing a tree & striking the fallen tree with an axe or sword, you could just use an axe but they break quickly, so bombing them first saves your weapons

Back