• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Zelda Zelda: Breath of the Wild Discussion [USE SPOILER TAGS!]

I am trying to steal the thunder helm for the Gerudo, but I keep getting killed in the Yiga's hideout. Any tips for the third room? There are so many guards. I can beat the archers if they are summoned, but the other guys kill me in one hit. I am tempted to just jump on one of the boxes from the upper area and throw bananas everywhere.

Third room was a pain, I found it the easiest to sneak attack the guard right in front, go to the left and sneak those 2. Throw a banana out to move the stationary guard then throw another banana out to lead him further away before taking him. Same thing with the other stationary guard.

Once they sounded the alarm I just waited to back to the beginning. I couldn't beat the archers and the other one at the same time XD

killed ganon for the 2nd time
what fun
lol im still tempted to actually start from the beginning again but i dunno if i'll get bored because you do all the same stuff in the beginning.

Last edited:
Finished the game today :/
well, what end game/?? why the hell does it kick you back at your last save point,,,wth nintendo literally there is No Point beating ganon if u pull this bs

That's how open world games work. They drop you back off so you can keep enjoying the open world and do anything you missed.

Does anybody know where I can get a smash link amiibo besides eBay? I want epona and the twilight outfit but They're out of stock everywhere I can think to check and I don't want to pay $35 for one. :/

Does anybody know where I can get a smash link amiibo besides eBay? I want epona and the twilight outfit but They're out of stock everywhere I can think to check and I don't want to pay $35 for one. :/

The Smash Link is out of stock?! That's one of the most common amiibo! Have you checked you're local retailer?

they scare me so much... how do I get past them? I'm at the part where I have to find the village that Impa tells you to go to.

Toys R Us normally has them around, have you loooked there?

Toys R Us normally has them around, have you loooked there?

The Smash Link is out of stock?! That's one of the most common amiibo! Have you checked you're local retailer?

I have checked: amazon, toys r us, walmart, target, gamestop, and bestbuy. Eery single one of these is unavailable online and it says they don't have it in store within 50 miles of me. it's like that with most of the other zelda amiibos too.
I guess I could try calling the stores. Sometimes it says they don't have it online but when you call them they actually have some.
Is it this hard-to-find other places or is it just where I'm at apparently?

I have checked: amazon, toys r us, walmart, target, gamestop, and bestbuy. Eery single one of these is unavailable online and it says they don't have it in store within 50 miles of me. it's like that with most of the other zelda amiibos too.
I guess I could try calling the stores. Sometimes it says they don't have it online but when you call them they actually have some.
Is it this hard-to-find other places or is it just where I'm at apparently?

Might have to do with the current Zelda craze. The Smash Link nets you some good items so it would be desirable, I suppose.

The third room was really tricky for me, but then I remembered that I had Stasis+, so I was able to freeze them. You only get 1-2 seconds to sneak past them, but it's enough if you time it well.

Well, I wasted my ancient cores on the guardian armor helmet instead of on useful stasis. I want all of the outfits in the game. :)
Third room was a pain, I found it the easiest to sneak attack the guard right in front, go to the left and sneak those 2. Throw a banana out to move the stationary guard then throw another banana out to lead him further away before taking him. Same thing with the other stationary guard.

Once they sounded the alarm I just waited to back to the beginning. I couldn't beat the archers and the other one at the same time XD

Why haven't I tried killing them yet?! Derp. I wonder what would happen if I placed a banana and then a bomb. lol

IGN have created an interactive map on Hyrule with everything you ever need to find in Hyrule!!!

http://www.ign.com/maps/the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild/hyrule#Shrine

they scare me so much... how do I get past them? I'm at the part where I have to find the village that Impa tells you to go to.

you should practice parrying the guardians lasers. once you get the hang of that they're a piece of cake (kinda)

Last edited:
So I beat the game like less than two weeks after launch and I still feel that draw to explore all corners of the map, plus from what I've read and seen there still things I need to find/do in the explored parts. I love this game and I'm curious how Hard Mode is going to change the dynamic of the game.

IGN have created an interactive map on Hyrule with everything you ever need to find in Hyrule!!!

http://www.ign.com/maps/the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild/hyrule#Shrine

Holy hell, thank you for sharing this!
I might restart the game and use this to grab everything in each region before moving to the next.

So I beat the game like less than two weeks after launch and I still feel that draw to explore all corners of the map, plus from what I've read and seen there still things I need to find/do in the explored parts. I love this game and I'm curious how Hard Mode is going to change the dynamic of the game.

I'm not even close to finishing and already getting excited about the DLC. Hoping for features that basically give you some reason(s) to explore the world again, that's what would be the most valuable. Because otherwise as great as it is, this game does kinda feel like a one and done when you do finish it... half the enjoyment seems to be exploring the world for the first time. It won't be anything close to the same coming back later with things to make the world feel 'new'.

My console was on low battery when it was going through the credits and end scene and I think it went to sleep. I booted it back up and I'm just outside of where I battle Ganon.
My question, is this where you should end up when you finish the game, or did I lose some save data? Do I have to battle Ganon and go through it all again?

The bananas are to serve as a distraction so you can go up behind them and press Y (sneak attack), you have to get within the range to do it without them seeing

Last edited:
My console was on low battery when it was going through the credits and end scene and I think it went to sleep. I booted it back up and I'm just outside of where I battle Ganon.
My question, is this where you should end up when you finish the game, or did I lose some save data? Do I have to battle Ganon and go through it all again?
If there's a star next to your save file, then you beat him. If there isn't, you didn't beat him. You get sent outside the final boss room if you do beat him, and you don't get any reward other than the star for beating him (well, that and the pictures for your compendium) so it isn't that big of a deal if it didn't save.

Question: Does the Yiga Clan revive after a blood moon occurs?

Technically, they are not monsters but they are still enemies. I am not far enough in the game to find this out myself so I am curious if anyone else knows.

Back