Zelda Zelda: Breath of the Wild Discussion [USE SPOILER TAGS!]

omg Bolson is so hilarious (one liners for days), I don't want to do the full upgrade on my house so I can have him there to do the dance anytime

- - - Post Merge - - -

If anyone is trying to gather wood bundles, I got them quickly by going to the woods, bombing a tree & striking the fallen tree with an axe or sword, you could just use an axe but they break quickly, so bombing them first saves your weapons

You can bomb the fallen tree too to save even more! No weapon needed.

Bolson sticks around after... although I can't remember off the top of my head if he still does his thing then.

You can bomb the fallen tree too to save even more! No weapon needed.

Bolson sticks around after... although I can't remember off the top of my head if he still does his thing then.

oh cool, i didn't even think to bomb it when it falls down, good to know!

This game is so incredibly vast.

I've been taking my time to explore nearly everything... I spent probably close to three hours combing over the far northwest corner. It has no relevance to the plot and it's pretty desolate, yet even there there's interesting things to discover and do. The shrine quest up there that you get turned onto by the little girl in the Rito village was such a cool "Aha!" moment for me once I figured it out. I had already spent a long while trying to locate that shrine with the Sheikah Sensor before that point and had given up.

I also loved the shrine quest on the island that forces you back to being a naked guy with an empty inventory. The game is at its best when it forces you to be resourceful, which seems to inevitably fall by the wayside as you progress and become more powerful. I guess that's why people do restricted playthroughs.

I find it funny that you mention this Justin because I discovered that it was a side quest before I read your post! lol

I finally bought me a Wii U Pro Controller yesterday (I joined the Wii U party just a few months ago so that is why I am just now getting one years after its release) and it definitely makes a world of a difference in this game (sadly you can't play this game with just the pro controller because of certain puzzles that require the gamepad :( )! To anyone that has the Wii U version and no pro controller, I would definitely recommend getting your hands on one. :) How many of you play BOTW with the pro controller?
I play practically all of my Wii U games that support the Pro Controller with one. I am a bit disappointed that there are some shrines that require you to use the Wii U GamePad though.

omg Bolson is so hilarious (one liners for days), I don't want to do the full upgrade on my house so I can have him there to do the dance anytime
If anyone is trying to gather wood bundles, I got them quickly by going to the woods, bombing a tree & striking the fallen tree with an axe or sword, you could just use an axe but they break quickly, so bombing them first saves your weapons

I just went back to the Great Plateau and chopped down the trees in the forest next to the Shrine of Resurrection for all my wood so I didn't risk dying to some crazy high-level monster. The trees in BotW grow back so stupidly fast that they helped with Hudson's quest later as well!

I've been taking my time to explore nearly everything... I spent probably close to three hours combing over the far northwest corner. It has no relevance to the plot and it's pretty desolate, yet even there there's interesting things to discover and do. The shrine quest up there that you get turned onto by the little girl in the Rito village was such a cool "Aha!" moment for me once I figured it out. I had already spent a long while trying to locate that shrine with the Sheikah Sensor before that point and had given up.

Oh I actually just found this shrine. I did it the opposite way though, I tried finding it the way the quest tells you to but gave up and forgot about it. That was a few days ago, and today I just felt like exploring more of Hebra and noticed my sensor going crazy in that 1 spot and found it pretty easily after that. :lemon:
So this is one Kass gives you but the song is a really easy riddle. Basically you have to stand on this 1 platform naked while there's a blood moon to summon the shrine. I just thought this sounded hilarious, like some creepy ritual to Ganon or something.

Now give me my video of Link kneeling on a holy platform naked while bowing repeatedly chanting "HAIL GANON HAIL GANON HAIL GANON", all with a blood moon in the background summoning monsters that are killing some other randos. Perfect.

What general direction is Akalla? I want to visit Robbie, but Purah was pretty vague. Like north of Hyrule castle? West? Something?

OMG what is this horrible thing?! I was supposed to steal shock arrows from it for the Zoras, but the crazy thing kept beating me in 2 seconds. Then I decided to try stealth instead. It shot me with shock arrows from somewhere I couldn't see it while I was hiding behind a bush. I ended up getting most of the needed shock arrows from amiibo instead. But can you actually beat this monster? You know, if Link knew how to fight. My Link prefers to run away. lol

What general direction is Akalla? I want to visit Robbie, but Purah was pretty vague. Like north of Hyrule castle? West? Something?

OMG what is this horrible thing?! I was supposed to steal shock arrows from it for the Zoras, but the crazy thing kept beating me in 2 seconds. Then I decided to try stealth instead. It shot me with shock arrows from somewhere I couldn't see it while I was hiding behind a bush. I ended up getting most of the needed shock arrows from amiibo instead. But can you actually beat this monster? You know, if Link knew how to fight. My Link prefers to run away. lol

Re: Akkala: It's the region in the northeast corner of the map. The tower for that region is guarded by flying guardians, so watch out for that. You can avoid them, though.

Re: Lynels: Just wait until you find out there's actually three tiers of Lynels. One tip for that specific one: there's some large boulders up there that you can run around to disrupt his attack pattern pretty well.

Last edited:
Re: Akkala: It's the region in the northeast corner of the map. The tower for that region is guarded by flying guardians, so watch out for that. You can avoid them, though.

Re: Lynels: Just wait until you find out there's actually three tiers of Lynels. One tip for that specific one: there's some large boulders up there that you can run around to disrupt his attack pattern pretty well.

Huh, I have a lot of the right side of the map already. Guess I didn't go north enough. Thanks for another excuse to go north looking for Hetsu again. He is so helpful.

My brother accidently found a green one in a room in Hyrule Castle. I'm guessing that's the bad one? Though I think they're all bad. I barely did any damage to the one I found.

My brother accidently found a green one in a room in Hyrule Castle. I'm guessing that's the bad one? Though I think they're all bad. I barely did any damage to the one I found.

They're named after the color of their manes. In ascending order of strength it goes: red -> blue -> white. The white ones actually have zebra stripes. I believe which ones you encounter is tied to your progress through the game, like Bokoblins, Moblins, and Lizalfos.

As for a green one, it's possible. I haven't actually been inside Hyrule Castle yet.

Last edited:
I saw a dragon flying near one of the shrines north of Hyrule castle. It was right behind the memory with the tree in the flower fields. But, stupid me I checked out the memory first and when I went looking for the dragon it was gone. It is so mysterious. I want to try to get it to come back. And hopefully it won't eat me.

Last edited:
I saw a dragon flying near one of the shrines north of Hyrule castle. It was right behind the memory with the tree in the flower fields. But, stupid me I checked out the memory first and when I went looking for the dragon it was gone. It is so mysterious. I want to try to get it to come back. And hopefully it won't eat me.

It comes back randomly, and it is friendly. You do need to shoot arrows at it in order to get specific materials for upgrading some armor, but that's it. There's 3 dragons actually!

When I think of Zelda, I think of a young but mature woman who is willing to sacrifice her own life for her kingdom and rarely cracks a smile. A very stern, determined, tragic, desperate princess. Pretty much the exact opposite of how she is depicted in this game.

But then again, TP is my favourite of the series, so I'm probably just clinging onto nostalgia.

Completed the main story a while back + a bunch of side quests in roughly a week or more.. I think I've seen everything I wanted to see in the map. Skipped the Hyrule castle because lazy and went straight to Ganon (after collecting a memory)
This game made me neglect social media and I was that gaming addicted kid with the Switch in the ward lol.

There are dragons, yeah.
Farosh, Thunder Dragon, can be found in Lake Hylia and Lake Floria
Dinraal, Fire Dragon, Can be found in the ravine bordering the Hebra mountains up north and the massive gorge that spans from eastern Hebra to Eldin.
Naydra, Ice Dragon Lanayru Mountain/Lanayru great spring. Not too sure about this one actually, haven't seen Naydra around too much.
Each dragon has their corresponding spring.

- - - Post Merge - - -

They're named after the color of their manes. In ascending order of strength it goes: red -> blue -> white. The white ones actually have zebra stripes. I believe which ones you encounter is tied to your progress through the game, like Bokoblins, Moblins, and Lizalfos.

As for a green one, it's possible. I haven't actually been inside Hyrule Castle yet.

I believe, once you enter Hyrule Castle once, a silver one starts appearing around the map? It, along with a few other silver monster counterparts, will drop rare gems and other once defeated. They also have increased HP and are quite the challenge to defeat, especially if you aren't prepared. Silver monsters are often distinguished by the whiteish colour (In a Lynel's case, mane) of which is accompanied by purple stripes.

- - - Post Merge - - -

What THE ****

Well this is where I'm off to next

good luck lol

Not a avid Zelda fan but I absolutely love BOTW. I've spent over 50 hours on it.. xD
They definitely don't hold your hands in this game. You've got to figure things out for yourself - which I like.

Okay, so I've only done three of the divine beasts so far (no idea where to go next), but the flying one has got to be my favorite one so far. I didn't die once! Also parachuting, which is great, and Rivalii and the other Rito's.
Did anyone have any major trouble with one of them?

I just found our something cool. If you go to a stable and ask to take a horse that is already out and somewhere on the map, it will appear at that stable. It is a good way to find your horse quickly if you traveled away from it.

I have been trying to find all of the towers to complete my map and I found one in a lake, surrounded by electric enemies, and in an area that likes to death thunderstorm. I died so many times. I ended up wasting a bunch of stamina food and jumping up one side of the tower after I had killed a few of the enemies on that side.

Last edited:
Back