• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Zelda Zelda: Breath of the Wild Discussion [USE SPOILER TAGS!]

The game is so beautiful & I'm having so much fun. I spent hours just roaming around. If you have any amiibos they'll be useful in the game, especially if you have any LoZ ones, but I loaded up on so much food with my AC amiibos :p

I have my (nearly entire) line-up of 15 AC amiibos sitting under the TV... those are coming in handy for cooking.

Didn't know non-Zelda series amiibo worked! Finally my Animal Crossing ones are useful for something :rolleyes:

I absolutely love this Zelda game, the open world is absolutely breathtaking and I keep getting distracted from doing quests to go and see other things, and then proceed to completely forget what I was going to do in the first place.
...I don't actually mind though.

The temples are quite easy though (except there was one I had trouble with), but it's nice to that there is a little challenge outside of some as well (ugh flowers XD).

Honestly though I'm still at the start of the story line (at least I'm pretty sure), and I'm really enjoying taking my time with the main quest and doing the side quests and finding the 'hidden' things.

I absolutely love this Zelda game, the open world is absolutely breathtaking and I keep getting distracted from doing quests to go and see other things, and then proceed to completely forget what I was going to do in the first place.
...I don't actually mind though.

The temples are quite easy though (except there was one I had trouble with), but it's nice to that there is a little challenge outside of some as well (ugh flowers XD).

Honestly though I'm still at the start of the story line (at least I'm pretty sure), and I'm really enjoying taking my time with the main quest and doing the side quests and finding the 'hidden' things.

I've played for 2 days now, and I'm still a complete Noob, as I got sidetracked and started filling up my pockets with all the foods XD

I only tried it for a bit so far, but it is fun to be able to wander around and explore the map. It is really easy to die though. Right when I started, I walked off a cliff because I was playing with the camera and didn't realize I was near the edge. lol I don't like that Link gets tired from running/ climbing stuff though. It was annoying in Skyward Sword and it is still annoying in this game. I am also sad that the box lied and you can't use a wii remote and nunchuck. I never really liked using the gamepad.

I got to play it yesterday with my boyfriend, since he got the Switch yesterday. We both ended up really loving the game, and we're not even Zelda fans. LOL
It's breathtakingly beautiful, more so than the WiiU version. Incredible graphics, and the map is SO huge! There's so much to explore and find! The story is really interesting, and the voice acting is great. Although, I really didn't feel like Zelda's voice fit her that well, but that might just me I guess. But yeah, it's definitely worth getting!

I've never played a Zelda game because I've always been really really broke growing up, so this is good to hear, the graphics look great and it looks fun, I've just never had the chance to play one before! If I end up getting persuaded into getting one after E3 I'll totally get BOTW.

Since basically everyone has covered all of the good stuff for this amazing game, I'll say a few concerns I have with it. Well, just 1 concern really. The Wii U version of the game is extremely unstable. I don't really care about framerate that much, it is super stuttery in this game, but it could get annoying really quickly if you aren't used to it (playing Hyrule Warriors for 800+ hours helps you condition to it :p). But my main problems are that the game has frozen and even completely crashed a few times on me, and it's only been out a few days! The freezing happened in the middle of battling something, and what made it better was that the sound was fine, so I could tell that the enemies were still moving and attacking me, but when you can't see what's happening and don't know if you're even moving or not... ?\_(ツ)_/? The game crashed when I opened a treasure chest. Something that simple. And this happened twice. Yaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.....
Someone tell me that the Switch version isn't this unstable, please

But yeah if you get the (hopefully better) Switch version or are lucky enough to not run into these issues, it is absolutely fantastic.

Since basically everyone has covered all of the good stuff for this amazing game, I'll say a few concerns I have with it. Well, just 1 concern really. The Wii U version of the game is extremely unstable. I don't really care about framerate that much, it is super stuttery in this game, but it could get annoying really quickly if you aren't used to it (playing Hyrule Warriors for 800+ hours helps you condition to it :p). But my main problems are that the game has frozen and even completely crashed a few times on me, and it's only been out a few days! The freezing happened in the middle of battling something, and what made it better was that the sound was fine, so I could tell that the enemies were still moving and attacking me, but when you can't see what's happening and don't know if you're even moving or not... ?\_(ツ)_/? The game crashed when I opened a treasure chest. Something that simple. And this happened twice. Yaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.....
Someone tell me that the Switch version isn't this unstable, please

But yeah if you get the (hopefully better) Switch version or are lucky enough to not run into these issues, it is absolutely fantastic.

I play it on the switch and it hasn't frozen or stuttered once.

I'm seriously trying not to look up anything at all on this game until I completely finish the main story line, but there are things I'm so tempted to look up.

Do you mean the cards?!

Do those actually work? Holy ****.

Confirmed! Every single amiibo out there! All 450+ ACNL cards and every figure there is gives something. The Zelda-specific amiibo also gives a trunk.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I've never played a Zelda game because I've always been really really broke growing up, so this is good to hear, the graphics look great and it looks fun, I've just never had the chance to play one before! If I end up getting persuaded into getting one after E3 I'll totally get BOTW.

Having been an avid Zelda fan since day 1 ...(ahem...30+ years ago), I, personally, feel like Zelda's voice is spot-on. She is older and more mature than her appearance.

I actually dislike Zelda's voice, sounds nothing like I imagined it to. I get they made her English for that pure/posh/royal vibe, but they tried too hard to get it like that and it just doesn't work at all. Not to mention, her "relatives" in the game have a US accent, whilst she has an English accent - how is that possible?

I actually dislike Zelda's voice, sounds nothing like I imagined it to. I get they made her English for that pure/posh/royal vibe, but they tried too hard to get it like that and it just doesn't work at all. Not to mention, her "relatives" in the game have a US accent, whilst she has an English accent - how is that possible?

Really? I hadn't noticed that they did not have the same accent! Thanks, Jake...Now that will be ALL I notice!

I recently found a Cucco and attacked it. It was so worth it. lol I love how this game pretty much encourages running off on pointless side quests and ignoring plot. I love playing games that way.

Random question: Do you need more stamina to catch horses? Or do I just keep getting thrown off the same horse until it likes me? I was trying to get a blue one because for some reason it was blue, but it keeps jumping like crazy and Link's stamina disappears before the horse even starts moving. I only managed to catch one so far, but it was a super spotted one that pretty much just stood there. lol

So, I was climbing Twin Peaks, because they are huge and looked cool, and a giant boulder stood up and started chasing me. I tried to get away by climbing to the side, but it was raining and poor Link kept slipping. The giant rock thing was throwing boulders at me and knocked me off the cliff causing me to Game Over...again. What is that thing? Is it some kind of crazy boss?! It scared me so much! lol

Last edited:
I recently found a Cucco and attacked it. It was so worth it. lol I love how this game pretty much encourages running off on pointless side quests and ignoring plot. I love playing games that way.

Random question: Do you need more stamina to catch horses? Or do I just keep getting thrown off the same horse until it likes me? I was trying to get a blue one because for some reason it was blue, but it keeps jumping like crazy and Link's stamina disappears before the horse even starts moving. I only managed to catch one so far, but it was a super spotted one that pretty much just stood there. lol

Try sneaking up on the horse from behind, then jump fast. You need your stamina to stay on! I found it is way easier to get a horse if you knock off and kill a goblin dude. The horse he was on seems to appreciate that you "saved" him. LOL

BUT...I have been trying for a blue one too!

Last edited:

So, I was climbing Twin Peaks, because they are huge and looked cool, and a giant boulder stood up and started chasing me. I tried to get away by climbing to the side, but it was raining and poor Link kept slipping. The giant rock thing was throwing boulders at me and knocked me off the cliff causing me to Game Over...again. What is that thing? Is it some kind of crazy boss?! It scared me so much! lol

Yes you need more stamina to tame horses that do not have a gentle temperement, or you can use food or elixirs to boost your stamina while on horseback. Yeah those rock things are pretty scary. So far I've only come across one but I'm still not too sure how to defeat them, perhaps bombs?

Also! A easy way to kill the guardians is to parry (ZL+A) as soon as the lazer gets to your sheild and it pretty much kills them in one go. It does take a while to get the hang of it. This is only for the ones that don't have legs idk if you can do it for the ones that have legs I'm too scared to approach them D:

Last edited:
I think it's really good. You're not forced to do the quests at all, you have the whole world to explore

Yes you need more stamina to tame horses that do not have a gentle temperement, or you can use food or elixirs to boost your stamina while on horseback. Yeah those rock things are pretty scary. So far I've only come across one but I'm still not too sure how to defeat them, perhaps bombs?

Also! A easy way to kill the guardians is to parry (ZL+A) as soon as the lazer gets to your sheild and it pretty much kills them in one go. It does take a while to get the hang of it. This is only for the ones that don't have legs idk if you can do it for the ones that have legs I'm too scared to approach them D:

Also, once you speak to Robbie in Akkala (Purrah's side quest), he will give you Ancient Arrows. They are one-shot kills, 100% of the time (if you shoot them in the eye). Don't be too close, the explosion is REAL expansive. He gives you 3 for completing his task, but once you unlock his location, you can buy them and many other awesome "ancient" items. However, they are REAL pricey and require parts from dead guardians, so save them all!

Last edited:
I am so in love with the game lol
The open world is honestly beautiful and so expansive, there is so much attention to detail, and the world is one that I feel so compelled to explore. I've found myself getting so distracted from the main quest because I just want to go off on my own little adventure, climbing everything seeking out the best views (the view from Mount Hylia is seriously breathtaking), and hunting out secrets. I've spent over 15 hours on the Great Plateau alone, and I still feel that I haven't seen everything yet. I've only just scratched the surface of the game and I already feel so immersed in the world and its story. It's such a phenomenal game and I really recommend anyone pick it up if they haven't already :blush:

It's a bit of a rubbish attention to detail but, in the trailers at least, I thought she was adorable :( I guess the problem with bringing voice acting into a video game series for the first time is that the characters may not always sound or say things that the player thinks they sound like/say, so it can disattach players from that character. I think that's why they didn't add voice acting to Link (although I seriously would've loved that).

Back