• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Zelda Zelda: Breath of the Wild Discussion [USE SPOILER TAGS!]

The fairies were worth it!View attachment 197943
LMAO I love that place under the maze, that underground section alone is enough to make Akkala's maze my favourite of the bunch. First time I dropped down there I audibly said "oh ****" and made a beeline for the chest. Really amazing room, scared the crap out of me but it was one of my most enjoyable and memorable experiences in the game so far. Akkala is quite possibly my favourite region since it's crawling with guardians, soooo good. Not to mention the tower there is awesome! I wish there was a little more info on the citadel, it was so wondrously eerie. In fact I wish the series was more elaborate on lore in general! There's a lot of really neat stuff that has tons of potential but Nintendo always leaves it so vague, I guess they're leaving it open to fan-interpretation.

Is anyone going for a 100%? The korok seeds are a pain lmao I'm at 646/900.

In a way, yes. I am currently taking a break from the main quest to try to finish up some side quests and find the rest of the shrines. In between then, I'm slowly trying to obtain all the outfits that do not require amiibo.

I doubt it, I think I'll be happy with all shrines in the end. As much as I'd like to gather all the seeds it's going to take a while, and I really don't want to spend another 20 hours or so just doing that lol. Maybe in another playthrough, I can't see myself doing it at the moment though.

In a way, yes. I am currently taking a break from the main quest to try to finish up some side quests and find the rest of the shrines. In between then, I'm slowly trying to obtain all the outfits that do not require amiibo.

Sounds like a good plan, that's what I did throughout the main quest as well. Also, did you know that side quests (or even main quests for that matter) don't count towards the % completion? I was so surprised when I found that out haha

I doubt it, I think I'll be happy with all shrines in the end. As much as I'd like to gather all the seeds it's going to take a while, and I really don't want to spend another 20 hours or so just doing that lol. Maybe in another playthrough, I can't see myself doing it at the moment though.

Understandable, never thought I'd catch myself collecting them tbh lmao. I just one day looked how much I had and was too deep in to quit. Collecting all the shrines is satisfying enough in all honesty lmao good luck with the shrines!!

265+ hours in, I've gotten all the shrines, quests, horsegear, upgraded all the clothes except two accessories (still need two more star fragments), defeated all the moldugas and hinoxes. I still have one stone talus to go (I'm 39/40) and it's driving me nuts right now.

As for the korok seeds; I've got 683/900. I can't see myself getting all of them without using a guide so I might settle for 700.

When did everyone start getting their heart containers? I've gotten one and one upgrade to my stamina, and I have enough spirit orbs for another once I have time to visit a statue. But I'm currently going to the Zora place, and venturing off along other paths and Daaaaaaamn, I've been getting a lot of game overs lmao by losing all my hearts in one enemy hit. :(

When did everyone start getting their heart containers? I've gotten one and one upgrade to my stamina, and I have enough spirit orbs for another once I have time to visit a statue. But I'm currently going to the Zora place, and venturing off along other paths and Daaaaaaamn, I've been getting a lot of game overs lmao by losing all my hearts in one enemy hit. :(

lol I had way more than 4 hearts when I started going to zora's domain. I had around 6 or so,
and half another stamina wheel.
But then, I don't really play the game focused on the main quest. I get distracted easily and venture off to do shrines constantly.

lol I had way more than 4 hearts when I started going to zora's domain. I had around 6 or so,
and half another stamina wheel.
But then, I don't really play the game focused on the main quest. I get distracted easily and venture off to do shrines constantly.

Lmao, I try to do that but all the shrines I find are by the villages or areas of the main quest so I'm just like might as well continue on with the story. I have also visited like four of the towers now I think. I'll probably go out looking for some shrines before continuing into the Zora domain. I can't get passed the swarm of electric keese even with a ton of electrical-resistance potions. D:

I went to Zora's domain early also and I died so many times trying to get there. I don't think the electric resistance potions help very much. I got there by avoiding the main path as much as possible. I met less lizaflos that way. Look for smaller ledges to jump up so Link won't slide so much climbing in the rain. I remember there was one spot where Sidion was like "Beware, there are a lot of enemies up ahead." The bridge went to some other mountain and then came back, so I took my chances climbing to get to the second bridge. I ended up skipping that section.

Am I the only one heartily disappointed that link can't drink one? I was looking forward to getting him drunk. And it makes me feel like the canteen is a bit of a waste, I can't even order milk. :(

I went to Zora's domain early also and I died so many times trying to get there. I don't think the electric resistance potions help very much. I got there by avoiding the main path as much as possible. I met less lizaflos that way. Look for smaller ledges to jump up so Link won't slide so much climbing in the rain. I remember there was one spot where Sidion was like "Beware, there are a lot of enemies up ahead." The bridge went to some other mountain and then came back, so I took my chances climbing to get to the second bridge. I ended up skipping that section.

Yea I ended up staying off the path and avoided like all the electric enemies which was nice except I missed out on getting electric arrows by beating the lizalfos. :( Made it to the shrine in the Zora Domain tho so at least now I can fast travel.

Am I the only one heartily disappointed that link can't drink one? I was looking forward to getting him drunk. And it makes me feel like the canteen is a bit of a waste, I can't even order milk. :(

I know, I really want to say: "Not old enough? I'm 117! Let me buy a drink!" You don't even get one from the side quest. Which I totally made harder by not saving Naboris yet.

So I beat ganon
now I'm just trying to collect all the outfits. It's kind of funny because collecting all of the outfits reminds me of Triforce Heroes a little.

Working on climbing gear rn, and the stubborn person I am refuses to look at guides so I'm just roaming around the Necluda trying to find shrines.
I hope I can someday manage to get the tunic...Only like 60 shrines down though so I'm not even halfway.

Last edited:
So what's everyone's opinion on the dlc? I can't wait!

So what's everyone's opinion on the dlc? I can't wait!

I think it looks pretty good, honestly! I was skeptical at first since it seemed like they were just cutting imprortant features out of the game for the sake of DLC, but after having played most of the game by now I realise that it's no where near crucial for full enjoyment of the game. Can't deny it though, that map feature and Korok mask look really handy, and I love the way they've adjusted the game for hard mode (though I do still think hard mode should be included with the game regardless as a reward for beating the story once).

Pack one has some nice stuff, but I'm more curious to see how they handle the new story that's coming in the second half this winter. I'm going to wait until then, probably for some reviews and what my friends think, and if it's worth it then I'll likely go ahead and get it. If not then I'll pass, I love the game but not enough to start a fresh playthrough just to use the new features haha. I think it'll be years until I play it a second time, so who knows, maybe I'll bother with the DLC then for a smoother experience.

I wanted to know if anyone has found any places with some Redeads. I don't want to know where those are I just want to know if I should expect to bump into them sometime.

I wanted to know if anyone has found any places with some Redeads. I don't want to know where those are I just want to know if I should expect to bump into them sometime.

Sadly I have not, and the only places I have left are Death Mountain and Hyrule Castle so I'm just assuming that they're not present in this game at all. I actually totally forgot about them until you mentioned them, and I can't help but feel how appropriate they'd be in this particular iteration of Hyrule. Hell, there weren't even Gibdos in the Gerudo Desert, such a shame. As much as I love seeing Lynels make their first real 3D debut, I think this game is definitely lacking in the great enemy variety that previous Zeldas are known for. ReDeads are great, and they scared the **** out of me as a kid, they would've been amazing in BotW, I'm sure, given its darker setting.

I don't believe so, I really wish they were, but unless they're DLC enemies, I haven't seen any after 180 hours

Back