• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Zelda Zelda: Breath of the Wild Discussion [USE SPOILER TAGS!]

I just found out that horses in faron have better stats than my horses so I keep teleporting back and forth to the shrine outside highland stable trying to get horses that look exactly like mine, but with better stats. I've already found a better version of my black horse, Midnight. now I'm trying to find a better blue horse. wish me luck!

I just found out that horses in faron have better stats than my horses so I keep teleporting back and forth to the shrine outside highland stable trying to get horses that look exactly like mine, but with better stats. I've already found a better version of my black horse, Midnight. now I'm trying to find a better blue horse. wish me luck!

Maybe I should try that. I wanted to change the name of my black horse, but it doesn't let me so I want to find another one. It is currently Akuma, but my brother said NightMare as a joke and now I just have to use it.

Death Mountain is awesome if you need rupees. There is ore everywhere. :D I'm saving up to buy all the cool clothing accessories.

Maybe I should try that. I wanted to change the name of my black horse, but it doesn't let me so I want to find another one. It is currently Akuma, but my brother said NightMare as a joke and now I just have to use it.

Death Mountain is awesome if you need rupees. There is ore everywhere. :D I'm saving up to buy all the cool clothing accessories.

Yeah, I'd definitely do it. it didn't take that long honestly to find horses that were the right color combination. Maybe about 30 minutes. What I did was just teleport back and forth from the nearest shrine on the map to the one by the stable and the horses will reset every time. I'd just scope em out to see if they were the right color and if not do it again.

The only thing is I'm kind of in the same boat as you with names. I named them both after my old, crappy horses and I like the blue ones name (skye) But I'm having second thoughts about my black horse (midnight), since his mane is white instead of black like the old one I wonder if I should have named him Moonlight instead.
So here I am thinking about doing it, yet again. why am i this way.

I named them both after my old, crappy horses and I like the blue ones name (skye) But I'm having second thoughts about my black horse (midnight), since his mane is white instead of black like the old one I wonder if I should have named him Moonlight instead.

You can change mane colors/styles at max friendship for free

120 shrines done! Yessss! Now on to finish those darn seeds! ��

Has anyone stop and think about how mentally scared Link is in this game? He lost his childhood froend, had an extremely close call to death, watch as everyone died under calamity Ganon's wrath, and being raped loads of times by the fountain fairies... Mannnn he must have PTSD by now

In the taobab grasslands where you find the giant horse. I found that many of the normal horses there have fantastic stats. I found yet another replacement for my blue horse. This one has stats of 4/4/5. What I did was go to the stasis trial and paraglide down to the cliff to scope them out. and keep doing it till I got the right combination of colors and stats I wanted.

In the taobab grasslands where you find the giant horse. I found that many of the normal horses there have fantastic stats. I found yet another replacement for my blue horse. This one has stats of 4/4/5. What I did was go to the stasis trial and paraglide down to the cliff to scope them out. and keep doing it till I got the right combination of colors and stats I wanted.
Ooh, nice blue horse! But then you have to run past Lynels with them to get to a stable. :O I still have not found an effective way to beat them. I have only beaten the red one once and I broke half my weapons doing it.

I am currently trying to beat the three mazes. I beat two already and I'm so happy I got stamina upgrades. I saved Akalla's guardian infested one for last. It should be fun. I may waste more fairies on dangerous looking selfies. lol How do you kill the flying guardians? I think the photo album hinted at breaking the propellers, but I can't figure out how to. Do I need a bommerang? Those are really hard to use.

Ooh, nice blue horse! But then you have to run past Lynels with them to get to a stable. :O I still have not found an effective way to beat them. I have only beaten the red one once and I broke half my weapons doing it.

I am currently trying to beat the three mazes. I beat two already and I'm so happy I got stamina upgrades. I saved Akalla's guardian infested one for last. It should be fun. I may waste more fairies on dangerous looking selfies. lol How do you kill the flying guardians? I think the photo album hinted at breaking the propellers, but I can't figure out how to. Do I need a bommerang? Those are really hard to use.

The lynels aren't an issue honestly. Once you see them you can just take high ground and run past them (especially if you have a horse as fast as the one I found was) If you're having trouble killing them this youtube channel is the master of lynel death. You should be able to get some pointers :p

Killing the flying guardians is just as easy as killing the normal ones if you have ancient arrows. Just get them to lock on to you and shoot them in the eye. one and done.
The only issue is getting them to lock on to you. You can literally run all around them and they still swerve past you. I swear they are so STUPID it's no wonder ganon won 100 years ago

DAMN I love this game
So I completed 53 of the shrines so far... still far away from the armour that is awarded by achieving all 140, but I'm determined to get it.

I didn't fight calamity ganon yet since I'm kind of stalling and enjoying the game first before I finish. (yes I know you respawn once you beat him but still)
I'm also tryin to get all the clothing sets, and stuff.

Also really fun going to weird places on the maps and just exploring. I always end up in some kind of labyrinth or puzzle.
Lmao points for link dressing up as a girl too :D

I got the game/Switch on release, and I play it most days, even if it's just for half an hour or so.
I have 108 shrines completed, I think 252 Korok seeds, all the memories and so far I've put around 160 hours into the game! I also just beat Ganon this afternoon, so that was pretty cool, I'd been putting it off for a while to do other things instead.
It's definitely my new favourite Zelda game (sorry, Ocarina Of Time) & I'll definitely be replaying it soon, as I'm not ready to give it up yet and accept that it's over :p

Oh god, I can't even begin to explain how much I LOVE the mazes and ruins that are scattered in places. I finally completed the last maze last night and they were all very fun to explore, Akkala is probably my favourite of the three. Maybe it's because I did that one first idk, but it felt much more dangerous and I had no idea what to expect when I landed on the island. It was a really wonderful surprise and I wish there were more, but all good things must come to an end, I guess! There are some really awesome ruins that were great to explore too, like Thyphlo Ruins. Very creepy, very mysterious, absolutely crawling with atmosphere and curiosity. The landmarks in this game really are fantastic, all very unique and exciting to stumble upon.

3/4 Divine Beasts completed, the last one is on Death Mountain, I've decided to leave Eldin until the end as some sort of climax to the adventure. Right now I'm still exploring the Hebra Mountains and trying to round up some shrines there before going to my final area. Love the little cabins in the mountains, they're so cozy and homely and were actually a little surprising to find. I haven't been disappointed by an area yet, no where has felt empty or underwhelming, I'm amazed how much love and care has been put into each individual zone. And god if I were to live in this iteration of Hyrule, it would have to be in Hateno, or Rito Village. I love both towns so much. <3

Just putting everything in spoiler tags because I know everyone has different tolerance levels for spoilers and it's still only been under two months since release.

Does anyone else feel like the divine beast boss fights are too easy or maybe it's just me? I've defeated 3 of them so far and the only one that put up a pretty good fight was Thunderblight Ganon but even he wasn't that difficult. Maybe it's because I've just ignored going to the divine beast and instead been doing side quest/shines and I got the master sword and great armor that's been enhanced a lot along with 20 hearts.

Does anyone else feel like the divine beast boss fights are too easy or maybe it's just me? I've defeated 3 of them so far and the only one that put up a pretty good fight was Thunderblight Ganon but even he wasn't that difficult. Maybe it's because I've just ignored going to the divine beast and instead been doing side quest/shines and I got the master sword and great armor that's been enhanced a lot along with 20 hearts.

Yes.
It's really easy to pick up on their weaknesses, but yeah I'd say thunderblight was the most difficult imo just because of its speedy attacks. Once you learn it's patterns and you can flurry attack it, it's so easy.

I just finished the game and I'm going to put this in spoilers incase. It's about the difficulty of the final boss
Ganon was really easy too xD I honestly wasn't expecting it to be that easy and I'm kind of disappointed- ahhh I can't talk anymore since you haven't finished

Though, lol, you sound like you have a really good setup going on xD
I had around 5-6 hearts for most of the beasts with an extra full stamina container... and I still found them easy so I agree with you completely

Last edited:
Yes.
It's really easy to pick up on their weaknesses, but yeah I'd say thunderblight was the most difficult imo just because of its speedy attacks. Once you learn it's patterns and you can flurry attack it, it's so easy.

I just finished the game and I'm going to put this in spoilers incase. It's about the difficulty of the final boss
Ganon was really easy too xD I honestly wasn't expecting it to be that easy and I'm kind of disappointed- ahhh I can't talk anymore since you haven't finished

Though, lol, you sound like you have a really good setup going on xD
I had around 5-6 hearts for most of the beasts with an extra full stamina container... and I still found them easy so I agree with you completely

Well that's a little disappointing. I really like to be challenged when going up against a boss fight. I have to buy the expansion pass just so I can play on hard mode.

I only beat a couple of the divine beasts so far and the boss fights themselves seemed pretty easy. It is harder to get to them than it is to fight them. Honestly some of the enemy camps are harder to beat.
Especially now that my game thinks white bokoblins are a good idea... (Please don't tell me white Lizafos exist. :eek: I haven't seen one yet. )

The fairies were worth it! guardian 4.jpg

Last edited:
Back