• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Zelda Zelda: Breath of the Wild Discussion [USE SPOILER TAGS!]

i beat the game, but i still have a few shrines to find. i'm definitely not going for 100% completion, that korok hunt is insane

did anyone else think the voice acting was horrendous?? especially Zelda, she annoyed the f*** out of me

I thought most of the champions were good but yeah zelda aint all that :/

I actually loved zeldas voice. I thought it was fitting and appropriate for her character

I actually loved zeldas voice. I thought it was fitting and appropriate for her character

Same! I thought I was the only person here who liked her voice. I guess I'm not a really picky person when it comes to voice acting lol. But overall, the voice acting wasn't that bad. So far in my playthrough, I find it perfectly fine :)

I happen to like their voices. I think perhaps what was lacking was the direction, because things tended to feel inconsistent. Some things felt well-paced and well-voiced, others felt a bit like they'd been sped up, or like a VA was being a bit too forceful or losing track of their character's voice. Some additional re-takes may have fixed these issues. Who knows.

I'm currently playing with the Japanese track, since I beat the game with all of the memories in English once already. This time, I'm also doing it all without looking anything up. 84 or so shrines, all of Kass's quests done, all divine beasts done, though I haven't gone off to fight Ganon in this playthrough yet.

I was going to say that! They're were times when it felt like the voices that to be rushed, but the voices themselves felt fitting, at least for me.

Never truly disliked Zelda's voice, but this one particular cutscene in the game really made me love her voice.

Maybe it's that in this scene she reminds me so much of Hermione Granger, but I just love the voice acting in his scene in particular.

Never truly disliked Zelda's voice, but this one particular cutscene in the game really made me love her voice.

Maybe it's that in this scene she reminds me so much of Hermione Granger, but I just love the voice acting in his scene in particular.

lol i guess it's just me. i can't stand the overacting and the bad fake accent.

Finally saved up enough rupees to unlock the last fairy fountain! Now the only problem is star fragments...

Star fragments are the worst. I had one appear twice the same time Nydra did. I chose Nydra and almost got one of the star fragments, but it vanished as I approached the hill it was on.

Star fragments are the worst. I had one appear twice the same time Nydra did. I chose Nydra and almost got one of the star fragments, but it vanished as I approached the hill it was on.

I hate it when that happens. I chased one halfway across the map once and it disappeared the moment I came upon it. :/
I also got the last of the memories today and finished the other two mazes besides akalla! This was a productive day in the game. (not so much irl lol)

Last edited:
Finally saved up enough rupees to unlock the last fairy fountain! Now the only problem is star fragments...

I got mine to appear when I went to the cliff near the Shee Vaneer Shrine (Dueling Peaks. Need warm doublet or flameblade/fire rod equipped or any level 1 cold protection).

When you're up there, try facing east in the direction of Hateno Tower and wait from 9 pm to 2 am. When you see a falling star, take out your scope then watch where it falls. It will emit a bright light so it's easier to keep track, then mark/pin it down. Glide, run and try to go for it before 5 am passes. You can teleport if there is shrine near where it lands. I'm not sure if it really helps but when I need to go star fragment farming, I'll try to make sure to sleep until morning then sleep again until night time then teleport to Shee Vaneer. Since it is night, I'm pretty sure you'll be ambushed by stalkoblins. Just bomb them off the cliff lol.

Last edited:
I hate it when that happens. I chased one halfway across the map once and it disappeared the moment I came upon it. :/
I also got the last of the memories today and finished the other two mazes besides akalla! This was a productive day in the game. (not so much irl lol)
Ugh, I am missing two memories. Must resist urge to ask where they are. One is just trees. You can't go anywhere without finding trees in that game. lol

My problem with star fragments is they always seem to come when I'm busy doing something else and never when I am actually looking for them. I may try your tip later master.leor.:)

i beat the game, but i still have a few shrines to find. i'm definitely not going for 100% completion, that korok hunt is insane

did anyone else think the voice acting was horrendous?? especially Zelda, she annoyed the f*** out of me

In Zelda's case, it was less the acting and more the voice for me. I didn't think the actress did a bad job outside of the forced voice. By the end of the game though, I didn't really mind it.

I didn't have too much of an issue with the rest of the cast though, even if I wasn't the biggest fan of the Deku Tree and Yunobo.

Though I'd probably have an issue with Yunobo regardless because his five year old face and shredded body freaks me out.

Bumping this thread with a trailer for the dlc! How does everyone feel about this? I, for one can't wait!

Oh no. That first part looks like the revenge of Eventide. It looks like they have added plenty of more ways to die. Poor Linky.

I'm excited and I think the golden lynels look awesome I can't wait to fight them and I also can't wait for the new amiibos.

Oh no. That first part looks like the revenge of Eventide. It looks like they have added plenty of more ways to die. Poor Linky.

I actually like eventide. I'm looking forward to being challenged and getting link brutally murdered a whole bunch!

I also wonder if any of the dlc armor besides the korok mask has any special features or functions. It doesn't look like it from the trailer though.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm excited and I think the golden lynels look awesome I can't wait to fight them and I also can't wait for the new amiibos.

agreed! I want them both!

I also wonder if any of the dlc armor besides the korok mask has any special features or functions. It doesn't look like it from the trailer though.
You could see a few of them from the gameplay they showed. The Guardian outfit gives an attack boost (like the Barbarian armor) but offers no set bonus, the Midna Helm gives Guardian Resistance (like the Guardian armor set), and the Tingle outfit pieces don't have any bonuses, but grant Night Speed Up as a set bonus (similar to the Stealth and Dark Link outfits). Also Majora's Mask doesn't have any effects directly listed, but its description says that wearing it "makes it harder for certain enemies to spot you," which is pretty vague but we'll see when it comes out.

Back