• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Zelda Zelda: Breath of the Wild Discussion [USE SPOILER TAGS!]

You could see a few of them from the gameplay they showed. The Guardian outfit gives an attack boost (like the Barbarian armor) but offers no set bonus, the Midna Helm gives Guardian Resistance (like the Guardian armor set), and the Tingle outfit pieces don't have any bonuses, but grant Night Speed Up as a set bonus (similar to the Stealth and Dark Link outfits). Also Majora's Mask doesn't have any effects directly listed, but its description says that wearing it "makes it harder for certain enemies to spot you," which is pretty vague but we'll see when it comes out.

ooooh there's gameplay video? I assume that majora description means a slight stealth bonus. I wonder if people will freak out when you wear it like they do the dark link outfit.

ooooh there's gameplay video? I assume that majora description means a slight stealth bonus. I wonder if people will freak out when you wear it like they do the dark link outfit.
Starting at 1:25:13 of the Treehouse stream today here:

We have gameplay of master mode and the trials!

Some things of note:
-You can access master mode immediately, no need to have finished the game.

-You can have a separate save file for master mode! You don't have to save over your normal one.

-New enemies the sky octorocks. They hold up the floating platforms we've seen

-New tiers of enemies! Gold is now the highest tier of enemy above silver

-heroes path mode records not just from the date of downloading the dlc but records your path from before the dlc up to 200 hours back

-completing the trial of the sword confirmed to make the master sword powered up at all times!

-you can access the trial of the sword in both normal mode and master mode!

all in all looks pretty doggone awesome to me!

Last edited:
Thanks for the summary! I had to skim through some of it so I missed some details. Not having to get go of my current save is definitely a plus.

-New tiers of enemies! Gold is now the highest tier of enemy above silver

-heroes path mode records not just from the date of downloading the dlc but records your path from before the dlc up to 200 hours back

This is AMAZING like, it's worth my €20 for those small features only :eek:
Can't wait, and luckily I don't really have to because this will basically come out when I'm done with ARMS :D

With me being completely bored out of my mind lately, I completed all 120 shrines I think like a day or two ago.
The tunic of the wild stuff is cool and all but I was expecting the set bonus to be something more uhh special

I've completed most of the side quests tho. Imagine a clothing set for discovering all the Korok seeds xD

just waiting for that dlc stuff to come out cause I need something to do

**** the entire Hebra mountain region goddamn. Annoying to get around because every goddamn shrine HAS to be underground.

delete this area from the game

I was still looking for more Korok seeds. How many Korok seeds in all Hyrule map? I have currently 200+ seeds.

900 exactly... I'm only at like 300 koroks ugh

**** the entire Hebra mountain region goddamn. Annoying to get around because every goddamn shrine HAS to be underground.

delete this area from the game
Ugh, I know. I have an area where the shrine finder beeps like crazy, but I don't see anything anywhere near it. I still haven't found that shrine.

lmao the reward for collecting all 900 korok seeds is hilarious

also is anyone else in love with the Molduga phase 2 music

Ugh, I know. I have an area where the shrine finder beeps like crazy, but I don't see anything anywhere near it. I still haven't found that shrine.

I'm trying to get to the Maka Rah shrine and I'm doing everything the guide says but it doesn't ****ing exist. There are no torches on cliffs.

And it's hard to watch videos because these idiots do not have their compasses locked north ffs

I kind of abandoned hebra for a little while to wander the gerudo highlands and after hearing everyone's experiences I'm a bit scared to go back

And it's hard to watch videos because these idiots do not have their compasses locked north ffs

North-fixed maps are better in every game and I die a bit inside when I see someone (which is somehow everyone else) using the dizzying constant spinning map.

I had to look up Maka Rah and I think I got into it a completely different way than what the guide I looked at said. You'll get to it eventually.

Last edited:
Dunno if this has been posted before but

North-fixed maps are better in every game and I die a bit inside when I see someone (which is somehow everyone else) using the dizzying constant spinning map.

I had to look up Maka Rah and I think I got into it a completely different way than what the guide I looked at said. You'll get to it eventually.

You can change the way you see the map? How? It sounds bad, but I kind of want to see how bad it is. lol

I'm trying to get to the Maka Rah shrine and I'm doing everything the guide says but it doesn't ****ing exist. There are no torches on cliffs.

I remember you have to bomb a small pile of rocks in order to get there. This is probably my first, if not, one of the first shrines I've done in the region.

For some reason, I like exploring Hebra. Finding the shrines is already a puzzle itself and I love fighting the three lynels in succession starting near the labyrinth up to the next shrine in the northwest part of the map. They're already silver in my game lol

Last edited:
Oh my, can't wait to have wearing a Korok mask this next week. My goal is to get all seeds in Hyrule maps without seeing in websties.

Back