• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Zelda Zelda: Breath of the Wild Discussion [USE SPOILER TAGS!]

I believe, once you enter Hyrule Castle once, a silver one starts appearing around the map? It, along with a few other silver monster counterparts, will drop rare gems and other once defeated. They also have increased HP and are quite the challenge to defeat, especially if you aren't prepared. Silver monsters are often distinguished by the whiteish colour (In a Lynel's case, mane) of which is accompanied by purple stripes.

Just yesterday I saw the silver one for the first time. So that's actually four tiers. I've never been in Hyrule Castle, though, so I think monster difficulty is tied to divine beast/shrine progress.

Last edited:
Okay, so I've only done three of the divine beasts so far (no idea where to go next), but the flying one has got to be my favorite one so far. I didn't die once! Also parachuting, which is great, and Rivalii and the other Rito's.
Did anyone have any major trouble with one of them?

Vah Ruta:
I did this one first, and it was by far the most difficult one for me since I didn't really know how the flow of the dungeons in this game worked. I spent well over an hour in here and I'm almost sure that I competed it by glitching the game out but idk. It was also the only beast where I died in the battle before entering the dungeon, and I died 3 or 4 times on the boss at the end as well. I enjoyed the music here the most by far.

Vah Naboris:
The second one I did, but I tried doing this one first. I then had no clue how to get into Gerudo Town and then tried doing a different Divine Beast instead before figuring out what to do. This was the one I had the most fun with as I felt like the entire dungeon was even more creative than Ruta's, which was already pretty ingenious. The boss fight at the end was also my favorite out of the 4. This dungeon also took me over an hour to complete.

Vah Medoh:
This was by far the easiest one for me, probably because I already finished the hardest 2 and expected something with a similar difficulty. I never died in the dungeon or any of the boss fights, the dungeon itself took me less than half an hour to beat, and everything seemed really straightforward. It was also the easiest to get to as well, so I feel like this one was meant to be the first one you were supposed to complete. Also the power you get at the end of it is pretty weak compared to the other 3.

Vah Rudania:
This one felt like such a troll. The dungeon and the boss fight were easy, but getting to it was an absolute PAIN. I don't really understand how anyone could even get to Goron City in the first place without looking up where to buy the elixirs that you need, saving Yunobo or w.e. his name is was annoying with bomb arrows flying around everywhere, and they replaced the neat boss fight with the beast before entering it with something far less interesting. The dungeon was pretty fun though, but it still had a sour taste for me from everything you had to do to get to it. I kinda regret doing this one last.

Overall, I did enjoy all of them. I just wish that they were scaled closer together in difficulty so you don't end up doing the most difficult ones first, then later breezing through the easier ones (which is kinda hard to do, but it was kinda obvious that some were meant to be easier than others).

Favorite to least favorite:
1. Vah Naboris
2. Vah Ruta
3. Vah Medoh
4. Vah Rudania

Order I'd recommend doing them in:
1. Vah Medoh
2. Vah Rudania
3. Vah Ruta
4. Vah Naboris
Over 80 shrines done (82 or 83 iirc) EDIT: I have 86 done, but I'm not really focusing on them too much, I'm mostly focusing on getting all of the armor and upgrading the pieces that I like. I got my entire set of Guardian resistance armor maxed out!
WVW69kKeD8gDlXDCn7

Guardians do 3 and a half hearts of damage to me with this armor. I really wanted to see them only do 1 heart of damage or something like that for laughs, but just under 4 hearts is still much better than 14 and a half hearts without any armor on. :lemon: Also the defense on it is so grotesquely high that I don't take much damage from anything in general. Now I'm working on the Radiant set (just because it looks cool even though it really sucks as actual armor rip) and the Champion's Tunic (only need Dinraal's horn!). I have 85 Koroks and am mostly focusing on weapon slot upgrades, but I think I'm going to focus more on bows after my next upgrade. Also who thought 900 Koroks in this game was a good idea.

Last edited:
I have been trying to find all of the towers to complete my map and I found one in a lake, surrounded by electric enemies, and in an area that likes to death thunderstorm. I died so many times. I ended up wasting a bunch of stamina food and jumping up one side of the tower after I had killed a few of the enemies on that side.

Ice Arrows helped me sneak up to the tower without the Electric Wizzrobes spotting me. ;)

@PoizonMushroom: Oh that would have been smart. lol I forgot ice arrows freeze things.

@PuffleKirby:
Nice job on getting some guardian armor! I am trying to get some, but the guardians won't drop any ancient cores. I need one more to buy one of the items. One did drop a giant ancient core though. Not sure what it is for, but it looks important. Do you have any of Kilton's clothing? I bought the moblin hat and it is so funny to use in Akalla. I had a few regular moblins and a couple dead moblins following me around. lol

I just did this side quest and bought the house. Am I the only one who feels this way, or is it a bit of a waste? Especially for 3,000 rupees.
I mean, it's handy having a bed and not having to pay for an inn, but you could just as soon eat some food. Extra storage for weapons is nice too, but again I could just trade my korok seeds for more.
Idk I guess I just feel like for what you get, the house doesn't warrant the 3,000 rupee price tag. Plus if there was any village I'd want to live in it would be Lurelin. Lurelin is by far the most beautiful village.

@PuffleKirby:
Nice job on getting some guardian armor! I am trying to get some, but the guardians won't drop any ancient cores. I need one more to buy one of the items. One did drop a giant ancient core though. Not sure what it is for, but it looks important. Do you have any of Kilton's clothing? I bought the moblin hat and it is so funny to use in Akalla. I had a few regular moblins and a couple dead moblins following me around. lol

From what I've seen, you need 2 of them to get the ancient armor from 3 stars to 4, so 6 if you have all 3 pieces of the set. I haven't found any other use for them so I'll just save them for a while. And yeah, the regular cores were the most annoying to get for me as well, everything just refuses to drop them. At least making Guardians almost extinct until the next blood moon is fun. I haven't purchased anything from Kilton yet but I do have enough Mon to buy any 1 thing from him. Can't choose what I want though...

Finished the game today :/
well, what end game/?? why the hell does it kick you back at your last save point,,,wth nintendo literally there is No Point beating ganon if u pull this bs

I'm have to get 20 shock arrows from the Lynel on Ploymous Mountain near the Zora Domain -shudders- after all the posts ive seen on facebook about Lynels i am not looking forward to it...

I'm have to get 20 shock arrows from the Lynel on Ploymous Mountain near the Zora Domain -shudders- after all the posts ive seen on facebook about Lynels i am not looking forward to it...

you actually don't have to fight the lynel! I didn't. I just took some stealth elixer and snuck around and collected the arrows stuck in trees. I want to go back and try to kill him, but I got more than enough arrows without fighting him. good luck!

Finished the game today :/
well, what end game/?? why the hell does it kick you back at your last save point,,,wth nintendo literally there is No Point beating ganon if u pull this bs

Zelda games typically don't have post-games. The stories in Zelda games never truly leave room for one.

^^^

Me too. I've put in over 100 hours into the game and I haven't finished one divine beast yet. I have completed my map pieces and I'm very far along in the story, collected the 17 memories but there are places I haven't even been to yet which is one of the things I love about this game. I'm going for 100% so I wanna collect every treasure, go to all the shrines and collect all the korok seeds, and do all the side quests and just basically have fun exploring and playing around with things.

I did it in the same order but my favorites have got to be:
1. Vah Medoh
2. Vah Ruta
3. Vah Naboris
4. Vah Rudania

I absolutely loved the parachuting that was involved with Medoh, getting up to it itself was fun with having to shoot arrows and I was mostly just flying around against the boss as well.
Vah Ruta, it was fun once I figured out how to shatter the ice instead of just wasting arrows. It was my first divine beast as well, so I was mostly just trying to figure it all out.
I found Naboris to be the most challenging, but it was pretty cool.
Once I got to the Goron city getting to Rudania was easy, I was really hoping the sneaking around the sentries would've been a little harder.

Last edited:
I finished the game around a week ago (last sunday) but theres still so much to do in the world! I'm on the last memory because
when finished i had 6 memories done (lol) but if you get all the memories you get an extra cutscene I MUST SEE IT

I recently went back to challenge that Lynel. It is helpful to use a defense boosting food item. I cooked 5 iron shrooms and it made Link super defensive. I actually managed to beat it eventually. He drops really nice weapons. His bow shoots 3 arrows at once. (No wonder why he kept killing me before.) Too bad I recently had a blood moon so he's probably back again.

I am trying to steal the thunder helm for the Gerudo, but I keep getting killed in the Yiga's hideout. Any tips for the third room? There are so many guards. I can beat the archers if they are summoned, but the other guys kill me in one hit. I am tempted to just jump on one of the boxes from the upper area and throw bananas everywhere.

Also, what is with them and bananas? They drop rupees if you beat one, but I opened one of the treasure chests in their hideout and it contained another bunch of bananas. lol

Game is boring asf and this is coming from a Zelda maniac.

I had been playing BOTW for a while and i must say i love it!! I dont usually play Zelda games but somehow this one got me playing for hours :D

Also , must say this game is pretty open world :
I only have beated one divine beast (Vah Ruta <3) because im searching everywhere for shrines to get a second wheel of stamina and and 13 hearts , the 13 hearts are because
When you get the Master Sword , you must pull it , and this will cost you 13 hearts or else when you try to pull it you will die . Temporary / Yellow hearts dont work for this
Im in love with this game , this is coming from someone who doesnt really likes Zelda games :)

Last edited:
Game is boring asf and this is coming from a Zelda maniac.
Im in love with this game , this is coming from someone who doesnt really likes Zelda games :)
Well you can't get more completely different views than that.
I am trying to steal the thunder helm for the Gerudo, but I keep getting killed in the Yiga's hideout. Any tips for the third room? There are so many guards. I can beat the archers if they are summoned, but the other guys kill me in one hit. I am tempted to just jump on one of the boxes from the upper area and throw bananas everywhere.

Also, what is with them and bananas? They drop rupees if you beat one, but I opened one of the treasure chests in their hideout and it contained another bunch of bananas. lol
The third room was really tricky for me, but then I remembered that I had Stasis+, so I was able to freeze them. You only get 1-2 seconds to sneak past them, but it's enough if you time it well.

Last edited:
Back