• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Zelda Zelda: Breath of the Wild Discussion [USE SPOILER TAGS!]

Oh pretty cool. I haven't killed a guardian yet. I heard they do six hearts of damage and so far I only have four. I may try the shield thing though. Link needs more danger in his life. lol

I also want to avoid the main quests and go find Hetsu again. I totally should have picked another shield slot and I have several more of those seed things.

I have a question about the story. You find Impa 100 years later and she is old. How is Zelda still around Link's age (judging from the amiibo) after fighting for 100 years? It is also weird that Link is somehow not dead.

Oh pretty cool. I haven't killed a guardian yet. I heard they do six hearts of damage and so far I only have four. I may try the shield thing though. Link needs more danger in his life. lol

I also want to avoid the main quests and go find Hetsu again. I totally should have picked another shield slot and I have several more of those seed things.

I have a question about the story. You find Impa 100 years later and she is old. How is Zelda still around Link's age (judging from the amiibo) after fighting for 100 years? It is also weird that Link is somehow not dead.

link is atleast 17 years old i think i doubt we'll find zelda like a shrivelled mushroom like impa :p

Guardians do WAY more than 6 hearts of damage. I tested a piece of guardian resistance gear and took 10 and a half hearts of damage. So you'll probably be taking at least 12 hrearts of damage without any resistance :p
Of course that was against a stalker (the ones that walk around), and the stationary ones do less damage iirc. But whenever I see a guardian of any kind I just immediately run away so I don't get hit by them often.

After playing this game for over 10 hours easy now, I'm just super blown away by how amazing this game is! :O I have played games like Skyrim and Oblivion, but they never were able to keep me engaged and interested the way this game has especially when it comes to exploring the map! This game represents Hyrule so well, it truly draws you in (reminds me of the scale of immersion both Xenoblade Chronicles games brought to the table) and there's always something that occurs that makes me smile or laugh (like blowing up a monster camp to bits and watching stuff just fly everywhere or getting kicked by a horse when you fail sneaking up on them). :D If you have a Wii U or Switch system and don't have this game yet, get it (some people say this game is overrated, but I beg to differ)! What do y'all think is the coolest part about BOTW (without giving away any spoilers)?

To those with the Link Amiibo (Smash Bros. Version) that have scanned it in BOTW, I have a quick question:
I scanned my amiibo for the first time while I was still on the Great Plateau and never received Epona (which makes sense in hindsight since you could get it her off the Great Plateau anyways), but once I got off the Great Plateau, I still didn't get her. :( Anyone else have this problem? Help would be greatly appreciated since it would be cool to have her, but it's ok if I am screwed since I managed to catch a really good wild horse (level 4 in all categories except 1).

I scanned my amiibo for the first time while I was still on the Great Plateau and never received Epona (which makes sense in hindsight since you could get it her off the Great Plateau anyways), but once I got off the Great Plateau, I still didn't get her. :( Anyone else have this problem? Help would be greatly appreciated since it would be cool to have her, but it's ok if I am screwed since I managed to catch a really good wild horse (level 4 in all categories except 1).
I'm kinda confused by what you're asking, so I'll answer both ways I read it.
Did you scan the amiibo and not receive Epona?
Event items are randomized. Example: the Toon Link amiibos (30th anniversary and Smash versions) give the Hero of Winds armor set. But only 1 piece at a time, and it is randomized, to the point where you may not get any pieces. So you aren't guaranteed Epona the first time you scan it. You can save and reset your game constantly until you get Epona if you want.
Did you get a notification saying that you got Epona, but you can't find her?
I haven't gotten Epona, but I'd take a guess and say check a stable to see if the game registered Epona there already.
And speaking of horses, I'm fine with my basic one I found. Nothing special about it but the blue on it looks really pretty and I trust it more than the few other special ones I've gotten. Also it just doesn't die even if there's 3 guardians chasing me so that's kinda funny imo

After playing this game for over 10 hours easy now, I'm just super blown away by how amazing this game is! :O I have played games like Skyrim and Oblivion, but they never were able to keep me engaged and interested the way this game has especially when it comes to exploring the map! This game represents Hyrule so well, it truly draws you in (reminds me of the scale of immersion both Xenoblade Chronicles games brought to the table) and there's always something that occurs that makes me smile or laugh (like blowing up a monster camp to bits and watching stuff just fly everywhere or getting kicked by a horse when you fail sneaking up on them). :D If you have a Wii U or Switch system and don't have this game yet, get it (some people say this game is overrated, but I beg to differ)! What do y'all think is the coolest part about BOTW (without giving away any spoilers)?

To those with the Link Amiibo (Smash Bros. Version) that have scanned it in BOTW, I have a quick question:

I've been reading about it and there are different sources saying different things. Some say you must be at the Plains of Epona to summon her, some say its random and others believe you get her on first scan but in order to register her, you must be in an area where you can horseback ride.

If the latter is true, then it could mean that you may have missed your chance to get Epona. I've read that getting Epona is a one-time chance and if she you do not register her, you lose her forever unless you restart or something. If you register her and she dies, then you can go to the Horse Great Fairy Fountain to resurect Epona.

Lots of different sources are saying different things, so we can't make any assumptions. Scanning in the Great Plateau where you have no access to Stable's isn't and doesn't seem like a wise place to start. Sorry if this isn't much help!

On that note...

You should see if you can get this thread stickied!

Haven't played it yet. If memory serves me, it's the final game to be released for the Wii U, so I'm really happy I'll be able to get it without buying the Switch.

Seen a certain new character online. Instant love. Can't wait to give it a go.

all of my friends want to marry sidon and i just

- - - Post Merge - - -

Haven't played it yet. If memory serves me, it's the final game to be released for the Wii U, so I'm really happy I'll be able to get it without buying the Switch.

Seen a certain new character online. Instant love. Can't wait to give it a go.
please god tell me it's not sidon

Impa is Sheikah, and they live for hundreds of years (case in point - Purah seemed not to care about not seing Robbie for 100 years, as if it wasnt that much of a long time for them, and Purah stated that when she started the anti age thing she felt like "a sheikah woman in her 50's, 70 years younger" implying she was AT LEAST 130 just after the great calamity. in addition, in certain areas NPCs will make comments saying that they used to play with Link etc, despite it being over 100 years - so 100 years might not be that long in the Zelda universe.

from what i see, the 100 year thing was utterly ****in pointless? considering there were loads of ppl just like "oh hey man sup not seen you in a while how you doing" it makes the whole 100 years thing a bit too short

Programming note: I have merged the two ongoing Breath of the Wild threads together. While the original thread was for no spoilers, it looks as if everyone is doing a good job remembering to use spoiler tags so we can just have one thread. So please make sure to use spoiler tags in here if you think something you're posting that might not want to be seen by all. Additionally, please try to label your spoiler tags with some short description of what it's about so folks don't have to blindly click without knowing what they might be spoiling.

As an example, if you were posting about something at Hyrule Castle, it would be much more useful to make a tag like this:

There is a bad man here.

Rather than an ambiguous one like this:

There is a bad man here.

If you don't know how to make spoilers, here's how:

[spoiler=SPOILER TITLE HERE]SPOILER CONTENTS HERE[/spoiler]

You don't need the rider amiibo to get Epona. I got Epona using the Link from the Smash game. I heard you can get an amiibo gift once a day. I wasn't near a stable when I tried it yesterday. I'll check it later today and see what happens.

Also, thanks guys for the guardian tips. Link managed to survive a surprise attack because of it. :)

Does anyone know how to kill those really annoying Wizzdrobes?
Ik you have to hit them with arrows with the opposite element they are but I was wondering if there was an easier way because my aim is terrible haha

Does anyone know how to kill those really annoying Wizzdrobes?
Ik you have to hit them with arrows with the opposite element they are but I was wondering if there was an easier way because my aim is terrible haha

bomb arrows are your friend
literally
everything
b o m b a r r o w s

Oh yeah, yesterday I got hit by a guardian with no armor on just to see how much damage you'd take.
It does 14 and a half hearts of damage. I expected a bit more honestly.

Does anyone know if there are any upcoming sales for the game on Argos? Wanna grab it as soon as possible, but I don't have a lot of money and I'm a bit of a cheapskate when it comes to spending.

Ilovethisgameilovethisgameilovethisgameilovethisgame have I mentioned I love this game?

I could go on and on for a long time about how much I love it. I just managed to catch a blue horse! She's beautiful and I named her skye, after my wolf bby girl.<3

I would like to thank everyone that answered my question about the Link amiibo, after doing some research, it appears to be that:
That getting Epona is completely random and it is actually possible to get her multiple times (which is extremely nice if you accidentally kill her)! :eek:

After thinking about it, I would like to share a nice tip that I don't think has been shared here yet. If you run out of fire arrows or bomb arrows and still want to blow up a monster camp and kill most of the monsters in a single blast, it's possible to light a regular arrow on fire like a torch and it produces that same effect! :D

So I decided to reset for the Amiibo exclusive items, and OH MY, IF YOU HAVE THE SMASH BROS ZELDA AMIIBO, YOU NEED HER ITEM.
She gives you the Twilight Bow, it has 30 power. That's decent so far, right? Well, it uses light arrows. And these light arrows are generated from the weapon itself, so it doesn't use any of your arrows, and you can use it if you're out of arrows. This thing also has crazy high durability, you can fire off maybe 100 arrows before it breaks (and by then you can just reset for the bow again). But it still uses arrows, so you can pick up any that you've fired, and since it doesn't use any of yours, this is basically a way to generate free arrows to use with your other bows.

Plus the light arrows are so sparkly that you can fire them up into the sky to make your own starry sky. 10/10
Now to try and get 30th Anniversary Toon Zelda's special item since it sounds pretty decent as well.

So I decided to reset for the Amiibo exclusive items, and OH MY, IF YOU HAVE THE SMASH BROS ZELDA AMIIBO, YOU NEED HER ITEM.
She gives you the Twilight Bow, it has 30 power. That's decent so far, right? Well, it uses light arrows. And these light arrows are generated from the weapon itself, so it doesn't use any of your arrows, and you can use it if you're out of arrows. This thing also has crazy high durability, you can fire off maybe 100 arrows before it breaks (and by then you can just reset for the bow again). But it still uses arrows, so you can pick up any that you've fired, and since it doesn't use any of yours, this is basically a way to generate free arrows to use with your other bows.

Plus the light arrows are so sparkly that you can fire them up into the sky to make your own starry sky. 10/10
Now to try and get 30th Anniversary Toon Zelda's special item since it sounds pretty decent as well.

That's a awesome bonus to get from her amiibo for sure! :eek: I'm so glad that I bought the Zelda amiibo back in the day!

Last edited:
Back