• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Zelda Zelda: Breath of the Wild Discussion [USE SPOILER TAGS!]

Thanks both of you. Ruins spoiler ahead.

I was definitely expecting to see them in Typhlo Ruins and was sadly disappointed. I went through the whole thing thinking "one of these times I'm going to run too far into the darkness and hear the classic screech and really regret my decision.

Thanks both of you. Ruins spoiler ahead.

I was definitely expecting to see them in Typhlo Ruins and was sadly disappointed. I went through the whole thing thinking "one of these times I'm going to run too far into the darkness and hear the classic screech and really regret my decision.

Yeah I can absolutely agree with this. As much as I loved Thyphlo Ruins I left the place a little disappointed that the enemies in there were just common mobs. I never thought about ReDeads in there, that would've been so appropriate. I charged into that place and just ignored everything until I found the shrine, the whole time I was anticipating the beeping of a Guardian laser but was disappointed. Great area, fun to explore, but it definitely needed more danger.

On a side note, the scariest thing that happened to me in there was opening the first chest I saw while holding a torch and having it immediately go out as Link put it away. Not my brightest moment, but I really love "oh ****" moments like that lol.

Anybody got any tips for me on this? The knight's saddle is the only piece of horse equipment I need and the best I can get is 21. What's killing me is my bow breaks halfway through and I have to switch it out, which gets me out of the groove. So anyone have good recommendations on what bow to use or just any tips overall?

Last edited:
I got the game for my birthday yesterday! Now I've just got to buy a switch and I'll be able to play it, hopefully I can find one this week ;0

There are a few places on the map where there is a pile of bones for the skeleton hinoxes. Sometimes I see them walking around at night and other times they just stay a pile of bones the whole time. Is there a certain time they get up? Does the moon have to be close to full or something?

Guys this is going to sound so stupid to get excited over, but I just beat my first Guardian stalker and I'm veryyyyyyyyyyyyy pleased :) :) xD

Last edited:
There are a few places on the map where there is a pile of bones for the skeleton hinoxes. Sometimes I see them walking around at night and other times they just stay a pile of bones the whole time. Is there a certain time they get up? Does the moon have to be close to full or something?

they only come out at night I think. I just fought my first one yesterday!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Guys this is going to sound so stupid to get excited over, but I just beat my first Guardian stalker and I'm veryyyyyyyyyyyyy please :) :) xD

Congratulations!

they only come out at night I think. I just fought my first one yesterday!
But I stood on one all night and it didn't feel like attacking. Do they not get up if you are standing right there? It may be guarding a shrine. I want it. :pThe sheikah slate beeps a lot near it.

Last edited:
But I stood on one all night and it didn't feel like attacking. Do they not get up if you are standing right there? It may be guarding a shrine. I want it. :pThe sheikah slate beeps a lot near it.
Yeah, the Stalnoxes won't get up if you're too close. I once stood next to one for a whole night waiting. :/ lol

How did everyone else get through the hideout? Guns blazing defeating all the Yiga clan people, or just sneaking around and throwing bananas and watch the guards just happily dance over to them lol. I enjoyed just distracting the guards. It was much faster. It's also fun burning or electrifying the Yiga tho lmao.

How did everyone else get through the hideout? Guns blazing defeating all the Yiga clan people, or just sneaking around and throwing bananas and watch the guards just happily dance over to them lol. I enjoyed just distracting the guards. It was much faster. It's also fun burning or electrifying the Yiga tho lmao.

I really liked that there were options to get past this part.

I stuck to sneaking a distracting with bananas. The happy little dance was too fun to watch. Plus those enemies are freakin' hard and when I did the hideout I was not prepared to take on more than one at once!

I channeled my ocarina of time sneak skills and went pure stealth mode. I got through on my first try. I'm quite proud actually.

I abused Stasis+. Can't get caught if they're frozen and can't move! :lemon:

I finally started playing earlier today and I will say the graphics are breath-taking. I've never gotten to play a LoZ game so all of this feels a little overwhelming even with my boyfriend helping explain things. He's recommended me to play other games but I am up for the challenge with this game. There's so much to do, omg. I do think the voice acting is superb so far. Hunting has been tricky for me so far. I've had a a few hilarious deaths. It's a lot of fun to explore.

My boyfriend's completed the game. I did see a couple of spoilers but I don't mind it too much since it's all new to me.

The shrines have been fun so far. Getting to them is another story. :p

I got through it with my super duper advanced stealth techniques! JK I suck and I got spotted at least 5 times. I didn't know that you could use Stasis+ to stop them or use Mighty Bananas to distract them. It was very hard, seemed almost unreal and now I know that it was so difficult because I chose the most difficult method oops...

I died a lot. I was just trying to be stealthy the first few times, but the guy on the right in the main room would always see me before reaching the banana I threw. I won by using bananas and sneak attacking them from behind as they were picking them up.

I was just wondering though, could you meet the leader by coming down behind the hideout instead? It might be just as dangerous because it is snowy and full of lizaflos. If I make a new file sometime, I might try it.

I have two questions about horses.

1. Did anyone get any powerful solid-color horses besides the three special mounts (Epona and the two others)? If so, where? Or does it even matter? I heard Tabobab Grassland has good ones, but I'm no where near there and I'm trying to uncover everything in order. I want the horse that Link had in the trailers but I don't want it to be crappy either (Gonna name it Galileo, no clue why xD :) )

2. Does anyone know how to heal your horse? I mean I feed Epona plenty of apples and she's gotten hit like three times the whole time I've had her, but it's always good to be aware.

Thank you!

I have two questions about horses.

1. Did anyone get any powerful solid-color horses besides the three special mounts (Epona and the two others)? If so, where? Or does it even matter? I heard Tabobab Grassland has good ones, but I'm no where near there and I'm trying to uncover everything in order. I want the horse that Link had in the trailers but I don't want it to be crappy either (Gonna name it Galileo, no clue why xD :) )

2. Does anyone know how to heal your horse? I mean I feed Epona plenty of apples and she's gotten hit like three times the whole time I've had her, but it's always good to be aware.

Thank you!
I dunno about healing horses, but I attest 100% to taobab grasslands. I actually found a blue horse there with better stats than Eopona. 4 strength 4 speed and 5 stamina! I've heard of another place with good horses but I do t think I have it unlocked tet

- - - Post Merge - - -

One other thing! You can actually paraglide to taobab from the (I believe) stasis trial on the great plateau!
I went there and paraglided down when I was hunting for a horse with the color and star combo I wanted!

I dunno about healing horses, but I attest 100% to taobab grasslands. I actually found a blue horse there with better stats than Eopona. 4 strength 4 speed and 5 stamina! I've heard of another place with good horses but I do t think I have it unlocked tet

- - - Post Merge - - -

One other thing! You can actually paraglide to taobab from the (I believe) stasis trial on the great plateau!
I went there and paraglided down when I was hunting for a horse with the color and star combo I wanted!

Ah okay, thanks so much! Is there a stable close by and are there any enemies to look out for?

Thank you!
no body knows :v They typically die if it's a one hit KO though (falling of a cliff)
but if you're horse does die then there is a way to get it back in the future so don't worry too much. You can also get back all other horses that die as long as you registered them at stables. (I won't say how exactly as to avoid spoilers)

Last edited:
Back