Are amiibo cards worth it?

bah! in Australia we only get 3 cards per pack for the same price of your 6 pakcs! be grateful for how many you get! but yeah, I reckon its worth it, addictive but fun..

bah! in Australia we only get 3 cards per pack for the same price of your 6 pakcs! be grateful for how many you get! but yeah, I reckon its worth it, addictive but fun..

True, the 3-cards-per-pack thing sucks. The only positive is that we have more NPC cards to trade for missing villager cards, since we get one every 3 cards instead of every 6 cards. It's not much of a consolation, I know. At least people here in Australia still seem keen to trade 1 NPC per 2 normal villager cards!

Yep, same applies to Europe. I calculated once, and it'd be cheaper to ship a 6-pack from the US to Europe than to buy two 3-packs here. That's ridiculous, right? But we do have Sanrio cards now, which aren't sold in the US. Not thay they're easy to get... :rolleyes:

Yep, same applies to Europe. I calculated once, and it'd be cheaper to ship a 6-pack from the US to Europe than to buy two 3-packs here. That's ridiculous, right? But we do have Sanrio cards now, which aren't sold in the US. Not thay they're easy to get... :rolleyes:
problem with me is I can no longer have non EU cards or I would probably get some shipped from US. and unfortunately for me I cant get S4, Sanrio, or S5 here... and Im fairly certain its like that all over australia :( on the plus side I got someone in EU to get me a pack of sanrio cards so thats great :)
True, the 3-cards-per-pack thing sucks. The only positive is that we have more NPC cards to trade for missing villager cards, since we get one every 3 cards instead of every 6 cards. It's not much of a consolation, I know. At least people here in Australia still seem keen to trade 1 NPC per 2 normal villager cards!

I wish! I have sooo many npc cards that I just cant get rid of and I need 50+ reg cards :(

To me it's worth it because I always want the same 10 villagers whenever I make a new town (since I've had them in every town I've made). So I bought around 5 packs of cards and traded them for the ones I wanted!

Now I'm trying to complete a WA collection though, so careful not to get hooked ;)

I'm at the same question..! I would love to decide, which villagers move in (and where?), and to decide when they come and when they leave. But –10$ for one pack, that's a lot! When I would wanna collect them it would at least cost 400$ and.. now, that's not nice.

My problem is, that I'm living in Switzerland and there are just less people in America that would trade with my, and that's disgusting..!

Last edited:
Oh gosh, I forgot about this thread lol xD

I read every single reply, boy you all gave really insightful responses and advice! I never thought about shopping for individuals online or going to local shops for series albums. It really does pay to come to the forum and ask :) I definitely want to get to collecting once I have the money to freely spend - but also know my limits too, that's important!

Trading sounds absolutely fun as well! I can't wait to start collecting! At first I was just thinking about dreamies, but there are far more villagers than that I also like.

- - - Post Merge - - -

@Arize I'll be subscribing to that shop too, just to lurk for now lol.

Last edited:
It's worth it, you can get lucky villagers, you can get unlucky, remember this forum has a amiibo card trading system, but you'll have to trust the trader that your ordered card will come. The only downside in my opinion is that it has a few features, I think they should add more features to amiibo cards so there are other things to do with them instead of playing Dream Island Escape or waiting every day to get an object or get them to move in. Or In HHD you can only let them in other houses, or just make a house for them.

Do you understand how many duplicates I have? I was lucky to get a few of my dreamies in my first pack. I got a lot of my amiibo cards during Christmas sales. I was striving to complete the series 2 but I've gotten to the point where buying packs isn't worth it anymore since all I'm getting these days is a pile of dupes.

Do you understand how many duplicates I have? I was lucky to get a few of my dreamies in my first pack. I got a lot of my amiibo cards during Christmas sales. I was striving to complete the series 2 but I've gotten to the point where buying packs isn't worth it anymore since all I'm getting these days is a pile of dupes.

My usual advice for dupes is for you to trade them. That way, no money is wasted!

I have a huge pile of dupes, maybe it's time for me to start trading them. I don't even have most of my dreamie's cards Like Sally's and I'm completely jealous of those who have it and never use it!

When they first came out I was only going to buy a few cards for my AC collection. Once I started I couldn't stop and have completed the full sets. Right now I just use the Welcome Amiibo and Sanrio cards for items for my houses. I do plan on using the cards for the first time in my mice/ hamster town. I usually just take what the game gives me but Rodney changed my mind.

I've traded cards here for Series 1 to 4 and never had a problem. If you just have a few favorites it might be best to buy them online. Before the update the prices for cards on Ebay were a good deal.

Hm, I don't know. I just sold one pack for 4,90 Francs with 3 cards in there. 2 villagers and 1 special card. I got Olaf, Queenie and Celeste. I'm going to get Olaf in my town, bc I don't have any smug villagers right now.

I've bought about six or seven packs but honestly I haven't used them. I'm planning on selling them and trying to make a little money back, there's just no point in me keeping them if I'm not using them. I'd collect them but I already have a pretty big collection of magic cards and if I'm going to sink more money into cards it's going to be something I can actually play with.

I personally think it's worth it. You never know if a dreamie from your town ends up moving away and the amiibo cards can bring them back (at the cost of kicking out a villager if you already have 10).

If you're playing Desert Island Escape on ACNL, you won't have to pay play coins if you have the amiibo cards. I also use them for Happy Home Designer and Amiibo Festival for my board town map. :)

I love the amiibo cards. I have a lot of them, lol. I enjoy the security of knowing if I lose someone through a time traveling mishap, I have their card. Yes they won't be the same one, but I still like knowing they won't be forever lost. I also like the cards if someone moves into a horrible spot, I can move them out and shift them around to a better place. But if you are a serious player, I think the cards and the amiibo figures are a very good investment in your gaming experience.

Back