• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

How does this look?

Bilaz

Local Eurovision Fan DA-3870-3754-4899
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Matryoshka Doll
I've been trying to edit this custom pattern to look like the cabin dresser is just plain wood instead of with a cloth for a long time now.
Did I do okay? Do you have a suggestion on how to improve it?
WVW69kHxjFcCphJE-I

Looks pretty good. I don't have much experience with making QR codes but maybe it could be a tiny bit darker to match better? But so far it looks pretty good. I know someone here made a pattern to do exactly what you are doing, but I don't remember who/which thread.

It looks awesome, I didn't get what you were talking about at first, until I looked really closely. Well done!

Looks pretty good. I don't have much experience with making QR codes but maybe it could be a tiny bit darker to match better? But so far it looks pretty good. I know someone here made a pattern to do exactly what you are doing, but I don't remember who/which thread.
Forgive me if I'm wrong but do you mean darker to match the front of the dresser better? I'm afraid that's not possible because I can only design the little diamond shaped swatch of cloth so if I'd make that match the front of the dresser the corners would be way too light. Or did you not mean that and is it too light compared to the corners?

It looks awesome, I didn't get what you were talking about at first, until I looked really closely. Well done!
Thank you so much! <3 If you'd like the QR let me know.

I think it looks really good!

it looks cool i love it! and it really fits in with the cabin stuff

Forgive me if I'm wrong but do you mean darker to match the front of the dresser better? I'm afraid that's not possible because I can only design the little diamond shaped swatch of cloth so if I'd make that match the front of the dresser the corners would be way too light. Or did you not mean that and is it too light compared to the corners?

Thank you so much! <3 If you'd like the QR let me know.

Oh I see, that's okay! It looks great though. :)

Thank you everyone! Here you go:
WVW69kH5_H4hL0rGBY

See, this is why I was asking for opinions. To be perfectly honest I really can't believe that this hideous thing looks like wood when applied to the cabin dresser. o_O

I've been fiddling with various colours and actual, nice looking wood grain patterns but none of it matches. For some reason the pixely lines of odd orange and greenish colour match the dresser perfectly, hahaha. The yellow line in the corner is actually for the light on the edge of the dresser. The fabric overlaps it a bit so I applied the yellow line to make it look like one straight line.

Please feel free to use the pattern tool to make it editable for you and try and improve it, it's fine. I'd really appreciate it if show me anything you do with it though. I'd just like to see it. ห†ห† (and possibly get a QR for the improved version to use for my own dresser ;) )

Last edited:
wow lunarkitty, looks great!! I was going to PM you this but might as well share it here! sorry for sending this so late, got lazy with uploading :'D here's a birch top i made if anyone wants to use it! it works for the cabin bookcase and cabin low table (birch only)

unnamed.jpg

wow lunarkitty, looks great!! I was going to PM you this but might as well share it here! sorry for sending this so late, got lazy with uploading :'D here's a birch top i made if anyone wants to use it! it works for the cabin bookcase and cabin low table (birch only)

View attachment 195179
Great thank you so much! :D
I was just wondering, would you mind if I use the pattern tool to make it editable for me so I can fiddle with some colours to make it match the normal cabin furniture (I'll then gladly use the pattern tool to put your creator info back so it's still your design)? Then I could do the same thing to make my QR match the birch cabin dresser so that we have a complete set of birch and normal cabin QRs? If not I understand, just an idea. :)

Great thank you so much! :D
I was just wondering, would you mind if I use the pattern tool to make it editable for me so I can fiddle with some colours to make it match the normal cabin furniture (I'll then gladly use the pattern tool to put your creator info back so it's still your design)? Then I could do the same thing to make my QR match the birch cabin dresser so that we have a complete set of birch and normal cabin QRs? If not I understand, just an idea. :)

I have no idea what the pattern tool is or that you could do that, but go ahead! I don't mind at all :)

Lol I spent ages looking at the bed wondering what you were on about xD It's really good though!

Back