Annoying TV shows or movies you just can't stand?

well, i liked frozen when it first came out and i watched the first time. then it got WAY too overhyped and it just got annoying. same thing with the first time i watched despicable me, maybe even the first couple times, but then it got way overhyped and just got annoying. i also dislike most recent kids shows (uncle grandpa, new spongebob, steven universe, the world of gumball, etc.) because the plots are always hard to understand and sometimes they're just plain dumb.

Yes, Steven Universe is bad. REALLY BAD. Tried watching it once, about five minutes later.... *turns channel*

Fourth for Uncle Grandpa, can't believe that show has run for as long as it has.

Also of course SU starts out as ****, which is why the Flood Order exists. :p If you aren't hooked by then it's definitely not your cup of tea.

most superhero movies are really annoying to me. i think the only one i actually enjoyed was antman lol

irrelevant side note, i never thought it was legitimate to base hatred of a movie/show off of its fanbase or how much hype it gets.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.
I know I'll sound like the exact kind of people I hate, but it's fanbase is annoying. It's a bunch of /a/ elitists who probably still like dank memes. I know it's dumb to hate a show based on its fanbase, I say that all the time and it is hypocritical of me to hate JoJo while saying that, but I just can't stand the sight of it tbh

Probably Attack on Titan. I have many reasons, one being quite personal, but I generally just don't like it. Don't think it's particularly innovative either.

gosh I really didn't know people hated Steven Universe so much TvT (I respect your opinions although I don't agree)

For me, most of those shows on the Disney channel like Austin and Ally. My siblings always have it on and most of the shows are awful. Not to mention, I don't like any of the characters on Austin and Ally. And also, I'm glad Girl Meets World ended. That show was painful to watch at the dinner table.

Tbh anything overrated, same with bands. Like they're fine until everyone overly fangirls over them and freaks out and makes everything in their life about it like:
-Steven Universe
-Stranger Things
-(band) TOP lmao
-Two Broke Girls
-Adventure time (I used to love it xc)
-GRAVITY FALLS. I FRIKIN HATE.

Most shows that are popular on Tumblr kind of rub me the wrong way. Not because they're bad shows or have bad messages though, it's usually just because of the amount of posts relating to them that I have to see on my dash. :( Apart from those though, I can't stand most American sitcoms that have come out over the last few years. So many of them are boringly similar and have more or less the same archetypical cast of characters.

The problem with Steven Universe is Rebecca Sugar's touch. You can tell the show was made by an awkward introvert. The dramatic scenes are good because of her personality but the humor and light hearted moments are like straight up tumblr humor. meaning it's spastic, loud and or cringe inducing/ awkward humor.

Last edited:
The problem with Steven Universe is Rebecca Sugar's touch. You can tell the show was made by an awkward introvert. The dramatic scenes are good because of her personality but the humor and light hearted moments are like straight up tumblr humor. meaning it's spastic, loud and or cringe inducing/ awkward humor.

Different strokes for different folks I suppose. I enjoy the show for having more depth and character development than most kids cartoons and how everything ties together. At least you actually gave it a shot rather than dismissing it out of the gate for having a following, I'll never understand that criticism. Something should be judged on its merits, not by how its rabid fanbase is. It's not even difficult to separate the two. :p

Most anime is like, awful.

Most is, definitely.
A lot of them contain similar plots, similar character tropes with no other development and pointless fanservice. It's just lame and you're better off watching something worth it. Of course that isn't the case with all anime but most is like that.

Different strokes for different folks I suppose. I enjoy the show for having more depth and character development than most kids cartoons and how everything ties together. At least you actually gave it a shot rather than dismissing it out of the gate for having a following, I'll never understand that criticism. Something should be judged on its merits, not by how its rabid fanbase is. It's not even difficult to separate the two. :p

The lore is really good and I agree, the depth is quite good as well.

I agree with you 100%. My sister won't give SU a try or anything else popular due to it being annoying. While I get annoyed too, it's more helpful to maybe try it so you can maybe join in the hype. Can't beat em join em. Lmao.

Like for MLP:FiM for example. The fanbase is pretty awful, arguably one of the worst ones but the show is actually nice so it's a shame.

Adventure time. Normally I don't mind cartoons but I just can't stand it. I don't get it and I don't like the animation art style. Southpark is another one I don't like, I think the jokes are crude and the characters annoy me - although I do like that they seem to use topics from current events to base shows off of.

Back