Annoying TV shows or movies you just can't stand?

not to be a weeb but i honestly find most american cartoons super obnoxious, for example

-family guy
-steven universe
-american dad
-south park
-rick and morty

i don't wanna sound too negative buuuut i can't even with rwby and the office
my brother loves these shows so they're almost always on the tv and i hate them both so much

rwby's animation hurts my eyes and the office is beyond boring, i literally don't see what's so great about it

Anything and everything by Seth MacFarlane.
I also am really not the target audience for the "edgy teen drama" genre, like a lot of CW shows.

-Gen 7 pokemon anime triggers me to high heaven since everyone is either ********/gets something handed to them/wins by protagonist luck (i don't hate all of the anime though)

-2020 Mulan is a crime against humanity and spits on the animated classic that it tries to rip off (But Mulan's actress made up for that human waste with Mandalorian and did a stellar job with it)

Hmm that's it for now but i may update it if something else comes to mind

ahem...here's my very short list.
-The Emoji Movie (just...everything is so...ew)
-Any "keeping up with" shows or something like that
-Harry Potter (I like the books but the movies leave so much out and change the plot D:)

I would get into fights if I said this to some of my old friends but Sword Art Online is the most awful garbage I had the displeasure of watching. I only watched the first season and some of the second, but Kirito is 100% a Mary Sue, the plot had potential but flopped hard, and all the female characters do nothing but get the hots for the main character. I don’t even want to know why only guns are involved in one of the later seasons (no swords to be found there). Just the epitome of bad anime. For anyone interested in getting into the series I would recommend just watching the abridged series on youtube, it fixes a lot of the writing and the characters are more enjoyable.
Tbh the only character I really liked in SAO was Klein. He deserved better and was waaay more interesting than Kirito to the point where sometimes he really felt out of place of the whole anime since he seems to be the only person with an actual functioning braincell compared to the rest of the cast. Then again, it's been a very long time since I watched it anyways lol.

Anyways, I'm probably going to get crucified for this but fanservice-y animes bother the heck out of me. I also find "edgy" shows like Riverdale kinda stupid too tbh.

I know many are going to disagree with this, but I could never get into anime. I never understood the appeal. I tried watching a few because it was popular among people that went to my high school, and I wanted to fit in. I realize now that was a dumb reason to try to get into it, but I still see that people of all ages seem to love anime, but it wasn’t really my cup of tea. So I will say, anime in general.

Any TV shows or movies that you dislike so much you wish they were never created? I know I have a few xD
I dislike:
Days of our lives
Uncle Grandpa
Disney's Frozen
and more XD
Your dislikes?

Honestly? Unpopular opinion..

But friends. I just never got it and avoided it constantly whenever it was on.

The Owl House
After I saw so many recommendations about it, I gave it a try and honestly, I don't find it that great, kinda overrated tbh. The plot is fine, although it felt rushed through the end imo. The characters are not that appealing to me, King is probably the only one I liked, but mainly because I find his design kinda cool. Besides the fandom has the same toxic behavior just like the Steven Universe one has/had. They push you the show into your face, saying it's a most-watch and if you say you didn't enjoy it that much, they calling you out in the worst way ever. Yeah, no thanks, I already dealt with way too many crazy fandoms in the past, I don't need this again.

The Big Bang Theory
I used to be a fan of it when I was younger, basically jumped into the hype train when it was still fresh and new back in the days. It was actually sort of enjoyable to watch for it's first three seasons, but then it became stale and more unfunny afterwards. At one point it was just "Hahaha, he said Star Wars, hilarious af!", the characters became so annoying and got ruined in such a terrible way (wtf did they done to Stuart?) and the overall plot is also not worth to follow. They should have ended the show way earlier, I'm surprised that they managed to bring it to 12 seasons in total.

Last edited:
Mostly adult animations shows like Family Guy etc.. I was into them has a lame edgy kid but growing up I out grew those shows. Early Simpsons is still great quality tho.

Another one is current Family Fued, my dad watches it everyday, and I truly find is annoying....

I've never really enjoyed the TV show Friends, most people I know loved it and watched all the episodes but I only ever saw a few of the episodes and found it pretty boring and unfunny to be honest. Another one that was popular among people I knew that I didn't like was Glee, the few times I actually saw it I thought the storylines weren't very interesting and so many people seems to love the cover versions of songs done on the show but I often thought the originals were far superior.

Also dislike most reality singing contests and most reality TV shows in general, there are always too many people on those kind of shows with really bad attitudes who treat others badly or are just on the show in order to try and get famous and then just milk it for years to come and manage to get rich without doing any work or trying at all.

Most movies that annoy me are ones that have too many sequels due to the fact most of the time I only really like the first film in a series and then it just gets ruined with countless extra movies that don't really add anything new.

Back