• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

the forum background seem to have gone to the wild

my dreams of a switch cow udder banner have been ruined :-(

I'm really digging it though, especially the BOTW stuff!!

We didn't wanna steal Canada's only job and export of tree milking.

What are the little dude erasing eachother, are they making a cheap spongebob knock off? ME HOY MINOY!
Snipperclips are angels shush

My fam didn't buy a switch, but my mom's gettin our copies of BoTW (for the WIIU) today while I'm at work. I'm gonna come home and play all night ><

the bummer to me is that, i've been told Nintendo is joining Microsoft/Sony in releasing a console that is non-compatible with prior system games, and theyre also gonna drop the free wifi social gaming....

the bummer to me is that, i've been told Nintendo is joining Microsoft/Sony in releasing a console that is non-compatible with prior system games, and theyre also gonna drop the free wifi social gaming....

omg what? Source?

how in the hell would the switch have backwards compatibility to begin with?

that also doesn't compromise it's basic selling pitch of being able to easily switch between tv and mobile gaming

how in the hell would the switch have backwards compatibility to begin with?

that also doesn't compromise it's basic selling pitch of being able to easily switch between tv and mobile gaming

This.
If it had backward compatibility, it would defy it's purpose, as 3ds games can only play on handheld and Wii U games can only play on TV.
Plus,the idea of backwards compatibility is basically impossible.
The 3ds games are suited for dual screens, that's why the 3ds had backwards compatibility with the ds, they both have dual screens. The Switch hasn't duals screens.
Wii U games are in the form of discs, and a handheld isn't really suitable for disks, the switch is a handheld.

Plus,the idea of backwards compatibility is basically impossible.
The 3ds games are suited for dual screens, that's why the 3ds had backwards compatibility with the ds, they both have dual screens. The Switch hasn't duals screens.
Wii U games are in the form of discs, and a handheld isn't really suitable for disks, the switch is a handheld.

your expectation that we ground our expectations in reality is unrealistic!!!

The 1 and 2 symbols in the banner make me think I have notifications when I don't. Lol

I have this strange feeling of being reminded by Zipper....

that was the best you could come up with after 11 hours?!

I expected more from our hero...

There's always Wind Jaker, but unless we promote someone named Schmelda I don't think I'm gonna come up with a good pun.

The real reason for lack of backwards compatibility is because the Switch is actually running a mobile/tablet chip of sorts, so very very different architecture than any other Nintendo system.

also

Justin - Today at 9:10 AM
wtf there's a line in the 1 2 switch banner at day?
WHY DIDNT ANYONE TELL ME OMG
i haven't seen it during the day because my **** sleep

FIXING

Nothing to contribute, just gonna say hi to my old friend King Dorado!

Hi. :D

Back