Hardest math you ever taken

Like I would say Geometry/Algebra 2 because it was the last thing I took, I was actually really good at Math (retained next to nothing though) but my teacher was a jerk and a creepy and like 75% of the class was being given an equation to solve to make a freaking art piece, like we did one everyday, it was BS. I retained nothing but it's the "hardest" class I took. So I don't really have room to talk, I would have been in advanced maths because I took Algebra early in middle school for being above average but because I kind of just screwed around in school I didn't advance like they wanted me to. Oops.

lol im in math 2c now (high school) But it's not hard it's just ive never studied any higher level math. i'll take up until math 5c in th next 2.5 yrs and they get harder for every course so ye
my least favourite type of math that ive studied is the trigonometry bc i understand Nothing )):

I'm unbelievably bad at it so every maths class I've taken since about the age of 12 has been hell

The hardest math I've done wasn't even in a math class. It was physical chemistry. I found calculus so simple but applying it to that class was impossible.

The hardest math I've done wasn't even in a math class. It was physical chemistry. I found calculus so simple but applying it to that class was impossible.

P.Chem is known as the hardest chemistry course in undergrad so thats totally understandable, math related sciences are so tough

I hated calculus based physics too, ugh the worst. It's not just getting by with knowing how to do a math problem anymore, it's now understanding concepts and apply that on how to solve it correctly and properly. Like it has to scientifically and mathematically make sense, it's terrible lol.

I hate calculus, it officially convinced me that I don't want to get into a career that relies heavily on advanced math.

I hate calculus, it officially convinced me that I don't want to get into a career that relies heavily on advanced math.

I completely agree on this. I did calculus and algebra at University when I was doing my double major in Geophysics and Geology. You start going insane when the Prof. starts going philosophical and solves a huge complex equation just to prove it's the same as this other one he wrote earlier. I remember googling it when I got home and realised it had almost zero real life practical applications...

Yeah, I didn't continue with university...

Math class is very good if you suffer from insomnia though ^-^

Last edited:
I'm doing AS Maths currently progressing to A-Level in September (In the UK), where I do 3 units; Core 1, Core 2 and unit of choice which is Mechanics, Statistics or Decision Maths. My teacher picked Statistics for us to do so right now I'm plowing myself through the units. We've just finished them all so we have till May to revise.

For me personally, Statistics is very difficult to get a grasp of. The probabilities are difficult to understand sometimes, and while it may seem so simple adding, subtracting, multiplying or dividing fractions, when you have letters and symbols like P(A U B) or P(A / B) thrown at you, its hard to figure out what you're meant to do to find that probability. Some are easy to figure out but I'm finding it difficult memorising all the rules to it.

Discrete random variables, expectance, variance and random variables are others I also struggle with, but not majorly.

I guess its just a matter of time to learn it.

The hardest math I've ever taken is probably Elementary Statistics, which I took last semester. There were way too many formulas to remember but thankfully my prof. allowed us one index card on tests which helped me to pass with like an 80%

currently, pre-calculus. it's literally not even possible to do half of the things in the class lol

Maths was fine if I worked hard on it but I never got the hang of angles for some reason.

Last edited:
Back