• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Town Landscaping...

Which path should I use?

• Total voters

Fruitcup

Pear 🍐
Banana 🍌
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
6741-6970-1025
Yellow Candy
So, I think I'm over all done with my towns landscaping but I feel like it is missing something and I'm not sure what it is. I feel like it is a bit boring or something.
Do you guys ever feel this way?
Also, would anyone mind taking a peek and giving me suggestions.

I also redesigned my paths but I don't know which one I like more, what do you guys think?
Coffee Log.JPG Hamphrey log 3.JPG
Big tiles or small tiles?

I voted big tiles because the small ones remind me of a bathroom floor.

i voted big tiles too since it's just a matter of preference. the small ones don't look bad but i think the problem is the color selection of the path. maybe changing ur current pattern to remove the grey tones and put something else to compliment the blue would give it more personality? instead of white, grey and blue maybe do it white, blue and a subtle/muted green? or any other third color you find nice. changing the whole thing to warm colors would look good too, i think! but it depends, really; what kind of look are you going for? c:

i voted big tiles too since it's just a matter of preference. the small ones don't look bad but i think the problem is the color selection of the path. maybe changing ur current pattern to remove the grey tones and put something else to compliment the blue would give it more personality? instead of white, grey and blue maybe do it white, blue and a subtle/muted green? or any other third color you find nice. changing the whole thing to warm colors would look good too, i think! but it depends, really; what kind of look are you going for? c:

Good ideas, I'll try tweaking the colors.
Originally when I made my path I wanted it to have similar colors to the cobble stone bridge that way the two could match. That was the only thing I thought of when making it. My town is divided by my river, the upper half has a park like feel and the bottom more of a residential feel.

So, I think I'm over all done with my towns landscaping but I feel like it is missing something and I'm not sure what it is. I feel like it is a bit boring or something.
Do you guys ever feel this way?
Also, would anyone mind taking a peek and giving me suggestions.

I also redesigned my paths but I don't know which one I like more, what do you guys think?
View attachment 195037 View attachment 195038
Big tiles or small tiles?
Fruitcup. I visited your DA when it was posted on the DA Thread.
I say your town is fantastic! :D
Seems like big tiles were there, seemed pretty great. :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

While Small Tiles have borders... I prefer the big ones, they seem to fill up more space imo.

Good ideas, I'll try tweaking the colors.
Originally when I made my path I wanted it to have similar colors to the cobble stone bridge that way the two could match. That was the only thing I thought of when making it. My town is divided by my river, the upper half has a park like feel and the bottom more of a residential feel.

aah i see! i think as long as you keep the white and blue it will match the bridges, but the third color will give everything a nice pop! i like ur idea of dividing the town like that

Fruitcup. I visited your DA when it was posted on the DA Thread.
I say your town is fantastic! :D
Seems like big tiles were there, seemed pretty great. :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

While Small Tiles have borders... I prefer the big ones, they seem to fill up more space imo.

Thank you! It makes me so happy when people like my town. :blush:
And, yeah, the small tiles is a very recent experiment. I made the new paths because I really like how bordered paths look.
I think I might just do a combo of the two.

- - - Post Merge - - -

aah i see! i think as long as you keep the white and blue it will match the bridges, but the third color will give everything a nice pop! i like ur idea of dividing the town like that

I'll definitely give it a shot, I love having color in my town.
And, thank you, I had seen someone else do it in their town a while back and thought it was a great idea.

I visited your town a while ago, and I think the big tiles look really nice! :) It makes your town feel more larger and spacious in my opinion.
It's really up to you, though. ☆

I picked small tiles because I like the border on the sides of them. Both look great though! That's cool that you can design them yourself!

Thank you for your comments guys!
I can't make up my mind, I think I'll use the big tiles for the main path and the smaller ones for side paths and see how it looks.

Last edited:
Back