• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Trouble falling asleep

watercolorwish

Happy🎃Halloween!
Apple 🍎
Lemon 🍋
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
4321-2546-0916
Pumpkin Pie
Tasty Cake
Kirby Easter Egg
Cake
Cake
does anyone else have trouble falling asleep? its bad during school since i stay up till 3-4 but now that spring break is here i thought id work on my sleep schedule but its been worse lol. i pulled an all nighter last night without even knowing it...staying up late sucks i wish i could fall asleep around 9/10 but i can never do it. last time i tried going to bed at 9 i was laying in bed for 2 hours with my eyes shut and fell asleep some time after 12. now i just stay wide awake till i feel sleepy, which is around 4/5 am, then go to bed. then i wake up at 1/2 pm and feel gross sluggish and dizzy. i guess theres no use in trying to fall asleep if you're gonna be trying for like 2 hours... this is sounding like a pity party but why cant i just fall asleep at a normal time its unfair that i try but its impossible

how is your sleep routine? and i wouldn't mind hearing some tips on falling asleep early or something...

i've always had trouble sleeping although i'm always weak and exhausted. i go on my phone for most of the night and that usually knocks me out. i wake up 2 hours later, go back to sleep, wake up 3 hours later, go back to sleep and it carries on from there
i've been suggested drugs to help my sleep pattern but i've been slowly improving. even if i have a good night though i wake up as if i never got any sleep

I'm ALWAYS tired, no matter what (I think it's an iron deficiency). I can get to sleep from 7pm-5am depending on what I did that day. But no matter what, even if I get the recommended 8 hours sleep, I'm still exhausted in the morning/afternoon.
FML.

If you feel it negatively affects you, try melatonin. In the UK you can get it prescribed, in the US you can just buy it without any hassle and elsewhere it's probably not all that hard to get a hold of. It's natural and may help you maintain a sleep routine and get a deeper sleep.

Although my sleep is also s***, I don't use it. Helps my late-night productivity not being sleepy... which mostly consists of watching YouTube for a couple hours. Eh...

I do, especially if I'm stressed or excited. However, my body will eventually give way. Sometimes I just feel awake til like, 5am. It's weird.

Are you a couch potato, and pretty much sit still in one spot for a lot of the day? If so, you're not burning off energy which is making you stay up late. Definitely exercise, seriously. Go to the gym and do cardio, go for a run, do high intensity bike riding, something that brings up the heart rate for a good 30-45 minutes. Once you get home eat a nice meal and you will have a well rested sleep (rest and digest nervous system activates). Exercise helps you normalize your sleeping patterns and have a better deeper sleep.

Try intense exercise before bed or watch something you find boring.

Exercise definitly helps! I end up falling asleep during work on my gym days (I go to the gym at 5:45 am). The reason I usually don't sleep is if if I've had lots of sugar or if I've been looking at an electronic screen just before going to bed.

I think if you're struggling try to read a book or just chill out before actually going to bed. It should help out!

Last edited:
pretty much agree with the gym thing I used to have a really hard time sleeping at night in highschool. I started lifting weights at least 5 days a week in college. Now I never have trouble sleeping

Heres the thing: exercise helps. but NOT before you go to bed. If you want to try and start exercising, do it earlier in the day rather then right before bed. Doing it before bed will get your bloodstream pumping faster, and that will keep you up. I would reccomend that you perhaps listen to a Bob Ross video before bed. Those kinds of videos are super relaxing and puts you at ease while you watch them.

With my schedule I really ruin my sleep quite often... I work graves and my whole house works days so they're all active during the day, so I often get woken up, and that's when I do get to sleep... During my days off I switch my whole schedule around to stay up during the day and sleep at night, so my Mondays are always awful because I'll wake up in the morning, try to be productive for a while during the day and then try to take a nap (and usually fail) before coming into work. And anytime I need to do anything like shop or have an appointment I get to do it in the morning after I get off work when I usually sleep so those days I get awful sleep as well... It really sucks because I'll have pushed past my tired stage into my "second wind" and then it's nearly impossible to get to sleep until it's too late. There's nothing like suffering through a 10 hours shift on 3-4 hours of sleep... A lot of times I'll lay in bed tossing and turning and trying my darndest to sleep and it just wont happen, and a lot of times I'll fall asleep for an hour wake up, got to sleep, wake up in an hour, go back to sleep and repeat this all day... it really sucks.

I have trouble falling asleep, but if I'm just coming home from being at work all day I can usually fall asleep pretty fast. I've noticed I can't sleep as well if I cant hear my fiance snore because I'm so used to it. I use it as white noise instead of turning a fan on xD

i used to have rly bad insomnia and sleeping problems in general. now i just lie awake until im tired and then i fall asleep. latest i fall asleep is usually 2am npw which is nice bc i used to have a rly hard time falling asleep
honestly idk what i did to make it better, im on medication that makes me tired so maybe that helps idddkkkk

but doing things during the day that make u tired like working out and w/e is good!! and it is a good idea to have pretty much the same sleeping schedule all the time, if you stay up until 4 am on the weekends that can affect your sleeping during the week. not saying u have to go to bed at 9 on fridays but dont stay up all night u know
also go to bed earlier. even if you arent tired you shouldnt go to bed at 4am if you want to fall asleep before then

Getting to sleep isn't much of a problem for me these days because I seem to feel lethargic a lot of the time, but staying asleep is. I rarely get a full night's sleep no matter how early I get to bed because my body clock seems to be set to wake me up early in the morning which is a shame :(

Back