Battle Of The Squirrels In Britain ⚔️

Which squirrel do you like, or do you perhaps like no squirrels or all squirrels?

• Total voters

Haskell

Saving for a username change KEK
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Switch
0000-0000-0000
I've heard that the red squirrel that is native to Britain is being overwhelmed by the gray squirrel which came from the North Americas a few centuries back. :confused: Why do you think the gray squirrel is overpopulating the red squirrel?

P.S: Poll is a poll in itself. Nothing to do with the conversation of the thread.

Last edited:
i think they brought a virus over that effects the red squirrel. i live in the uk and i've never seen a red squirrel and i live pretty close to a 'red squirrel trail', i don't hate grey squirrel's, it's not their fault but they can be kinda obnoxious with the little birds sometimes..

i think they brought a virus over that effects the red squirrel. i live in the uk and i've never seen a red squirrel and i live pretty close to a 'red squirrel trail', i don't hate grey squirrel's, it's not their fault but they can be kinda obnoxious with the little birds sometimes..

That's what I've heard. Not seeing a red squirrel in which they are known to (previously) inhabit is a bit heartbreaking. That's like never seeing a deer or a cow in the United States. Sounds like gray squirrels are a bit obnoxious and annoying.

Last edited:
The disease seems about right, I vaguely remember learning about that in biology class. I think grey squirrels are much more dominant over food resources as well because they're pretty big compared to red squirrels. I don't think I've ever seen a red one here in the UK, but there are definitely plenty of grey squirrels. They're not shy either, they visit my garden often (or at least they used to) and torment my cat. He's a big wuss.

All squirrels are cute and precious. It just sucks that they're having some sort of squirrel war? Not an actual war obviously, but ya know...

Because they're an invasive species. Basically they're non-native animals and they're not supposed to be there, so they're taking over.
Personally I like to believe this is vengeance against england for the all the starlings terrorizing our native birds lol.

I prefer red squirrels but I've only seen gray squirrels irl before.
Well they wouldn't like it here in London anyway :p

i like all squirrels. we only have brown ones in sweden as far as i know but when i went go the us i saw a lot of gray ones !! there are a few squirrels who kinda live in our and our neighbours' gardens, we see them jumping ib tge trees sometimes. theyre rly cute i dont understand why ppl would dislike them

Red squirrels and red foxes don't exist in Britain anymore lololol. I saw an albino squirrel once.

- - - Post Merge - - -

FAT SQUIRRELS ARE THE BEST SQUIRRELS.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I s2g who voted no squirrels...probably love pigeons. pigeons are rabid in like 40% of the UK. you dirty pigeon lovers. go eat a seed stinky

Red squirrels and red foxes don't exist in Britain anymore lololol. I saw an albino squirrel once.

- - - Post Merge - - -

FAT SQUIRRELS ARE THE BEST SQUIRRELS.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I s2g who voted no squirrels...probably love pigeons. pigeons are rabid in like 40% of the UK. you dirty pigeon lovers. go eat a seed stinky

ok i felt like commenting at the time but i thought no one would pick up on it BUT I SWEAR I MISCLICKED IN THE POLL I REALLY LOVE SQUIRRELS OK GUYS

ok i felt like commenting at the time but i thought no one would pick up on it BUT I SWEAR I MISCLICKED IN THE POLL I REALLY LOVE SQUIRRELS OK GUYS

giphy.gif

you have angered the gods with your misclick

- - - Post Merge - - -

raw

I've never seen a red squirrel before thank u ppls

- - - Post Merge - - -

Whoever voted for just grey squirrels is probably a pigeon lover too. Just saying.

They haven't done anything wrong, so why the hate towards grey squirrels?

Last edited:
Where I live we don't have many squirrels, which is funny cause I live out in the middle of nowhere surrounded my forest-y area... when I lived in the city I had TONS of squirrels... the only squirrels we have here are ground squirrels and maybe a rare grey squirrel here and there but it's super rare. I think all squirrels are cute but also can be a nuisance.

Where I live we don't have many squirrels, which is funny cause I live out in the middle of nowhere surrounded my forest-y area... when I lived in the city I had TONS of squirrels... the only squirrels we have here are ground squirrels and maybe a rare grey squirrel here and there but it's super rare. I think all squirrels are cute but also can be a nuisance.

Squirrels are actually quite standoffish, they'll fight you for food. But I almost never see squirrels in town, only foxes.

Back