Dream Address Gifts

There are always way too many gifts, they annoy the hell out of me. If I going to give gifts, I'd at least not wrap them and only have a maximum of 10 (maybe 2 outfits and some items) around my plaza, maybe some others scattered (but probably not). I dislike them more than I like them.

Unless ya get drown'd by'em, just by havin' enough is quite likely gonna get yar dreamer to accept those gifts.
What I have are 2 outfits to pick from, golden tools, and a wetsuit.
Sure that's a grand total of 19 items (6 pieces per total outfit), but it's just enough to not overwhelm yar dreamer.

If ya dream my town, ya could see my dream gifts and the layout.

why are you talking like kapp'n?

I'm too curious to not open most if not all presents I find. But if there are *a lot* it does gradually diminish my enthusiasm. I prefer it when there are just a couple of outfits and 2-3 handheld items.

I have 3 wrapped things on my plaza - now I can't remember what they all are, but I believe they're all edibles. I should lay down some clothes too. I used to have clothes laid out on the plaza, but they were messing with my perfect town status, so I took them away. But I think my town might be in good enough condition that a few more things could have a permanent spot (don't want to have to lay them out every time I update).

I enjoy seeing gifts in some of the dream towns I've visited, and I think that it makes the experience more unique and enjoyable.

Last edited:
I just recently started visiting Dream Addresses to get ideas for my town. I think the towns with the couple outfits in the plaza and the drink/bubble wands are absolutely adorable. It's nice wandering around a new place with a drink/bubbles in your hand. Feels pretty homey. But like others, I don't open everything, I'm more curious on the ideas/places to visit in town.

I don't usually wrap mines up.

I do enjoy seeing them in other's towns, but I won't open them all if they're more than 8.

I like to AT LEAST walk over and see what they are, if they're wrapped I always open them! I guess it's a curiosity thing and I think it's one of my fave things to be in the dreams. I love when the town is themed and I can dress in something to match the theme, it makes it more fun, or even when they have snacks like cakes and stuff wrapped. I also dig everything up, in towns with lots of stuff I have to swap stuff out but I like to get most of the stuff in the towns to interact.

Wow... I actually never thought to pick up gifts in a dream... But it all makes sense now when theres stuff on the floor... haha

I usually go for two outfits in the plaza, usually a girl/boy option, and a few things to choose from to hold, like a balloon or umbrella or bubblewand to match the outfit. And then do the normal things, like the wet suit on the jumping cliff, shovels where there is something to dig up etc etc. As other's have said I also prefer to have something other than the jammies to wear in the dream, especially if I want to take pictures.

I only pick up items that are around the tree. Whenever there are tons of items scattered all over town it feels overwhelming to me so I don't really bother.

I only have two gift wrapped presents in my town. It is a cat cap and dress, because my town is all cats and my characters are all dressed up like that. That way when people visit my town they are matching.

I personally like having one or two outfits at the plaza and a few wrapped items like glow wands etc. scattered around town. I get overwhelmed whenever I visit a dream town and the plaza is full of items, so I'd rather hunt for them on my journey. I also think it makes certain areas more personal, because the items are where the creator intended them to be used.

I usually open the gifts and put on the clothes because they were laid out for a reason and may it is a part of what makes that persons town so special.

I always love when people lay out outfits all wrapped up and nice by their town tree! Even if there's like 10 gifts I end up opening them all :)

Yeah I do just to see, it sucks when it's like a non consumable food item cx but it's cool when it gives you clothes and interactables, etc. c:

I do, only if there isn't too many. If there are far too many I get lazy and don't.

Back