• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Dream Address Gifts

Nooblord

Bells
Switch
8425-4330-6041
Green Christmas Stocking
Festive Bell
Tin Robot
Matryoshka Doll
Tricolored Puppy Plush
October Birthstone (Opal)
Pear (Fruit)
New Horizons Token
March Birthstone (Aquamarine)
Tasty Cake
Do you bother picking up and wearing/carrying gifts laid out in a dream address?
What if they're wrapped, what are the chances of you unwrapping them?

I always see what gifts are provided, but sometimes there's just way too much and I may skip over some.

If there's more than 8 gifts I probably won't open all of them, especially if they're scattered around the map as well. I'll carry and wear things most of the time.
I have about 6 gifts I think in my DA and they're all put in the plaza which I think is nice.

Unless ya get drown'd by'em, just by havin' enough is quite likely gonna get yar dreamer to accept those gifts.
What I have are 2 outfits to pick from, golden tools, and a wetsuit.
Sure that's a grand total of 19 items (6 pieces per total outfit), but it's just enough to not overwhelm yar dreamer.

If ya dream my town, ya could see my dream gifts and the layout.

I do! I think it's nice to see what the person decided to pick out and the vibe they're going for. I feel that it also makes it more interesting than just going through every dream with the same PJs on. I also pick up wrapped things, but only a few. It gets too tedious to open them all especially if they're all laid out on the town plaza. For my own dream town, I believe i only have 3 gifts wrapped, and they're scattered throughout my town. The rest are unwrapped. I also have two types of outfits laid out separately on my town plaza. I know not everyone cares for that sort of thing (I didn't at the beginning) but it's nice for those that enjoy it!

Last edited:
I do because it's often cute clothes or items that you can hold, eat, or drink. I actually prefer towns with gifts, it just makes visiting their town more fun and enjoyable for me.

It depends, if there are more than 10 gifts and it's all placed at the Plaza, I'll probably only 2 or 3 since I find it overwhelming. I'd rather have the gifts be scattered around the dream town, this makes it more interesting and more enjoyable for me.

I do but only if they're around the plaza. I get frustrated easily with them all over the map. Don't like to hunt them down

I enjoy them. I didn't get the point of it when I first started dreaming. Someone had left a bunch of furniture and I was so happy until I found out you can't take them home with you! Haha now I like going places and wearing the outfits that go with the town theme, eating treats and seeing what fun toys there are to play with. It adds an extra layer of fun while I check out the town! I don't pick them up if my pockets are full though.

I enjoy when there are unwrapped outfits by the town tree, and a few wrapped items are nice as well. If there are a bunch of wrapped items, I just choose a few at random. The first thing I do in a dream is ditch the ugly pink pj hat (haha), and change into dream clothing if there is any. I don't care for having to unwrap a bunch of items to see what the clothing is, though--it's so much easier/nicer to be able to see what the clothing items are before deciding whether or not to use them. Items, though (like food, wands, etc.) seem nicer when wrapped. :)

I don't mind if gifts are scattered throughout the town. I do that in my own towns, too.

I have 1 unisex outfit for all villagers (basically the jinbei shorts and top and a mask) so they don't have much of an option unless they have custom designs to wear. I personally don't put on outfits unless I'm planning on taking photos of the town. I also don't pick up gifts unless they are placed in a scenic spot (eg. a coffee cup next to a cafe, throwing beans in a zen area etc.). I'm kind of a lazy dreamer that way :p Oh yeah, I rarely bother unwrapping gifts lol.

Last edited:
I open a few, if I start finding clothes I open more.
I visited your town today, looks so great in spring, I love dressing up to fit your town theme. :D

I only wrap mine because it looks better and don't count as garbage towards your town rating, making it easier to leave everything out and not having to bother with putting the items away once you update. I think 10 is a good amount. When you have to start dropping things in order to pick up new gifts/wet suits/tools, then that's a bit excessive.

I open a few, if I start finding clothes I open more.
I visited your town today, looks so great in spring, I love dressing up to fit your town theme. :D

Lol, thanks. I can't wait for the azaleas to bloom.

Yes I check the items around at the tree and around town. I like the boy and girl set of clothing on each side of the tree or theme clothing that goes with their town. If there is no clothing I just put on a QR dress.

I love finding the coffee, bean and bubbles in different spots. If there are a lot of gifts in town I don't open all of them.

If there are clothes available, I always wear them. I feel like they reflect the personality of the town and help me feel like I'm having a complete, immersive experience. Plus, they make pictures look much better. I also have a fondness for balloons. Otherwise, I actually got a little tired of wrapped gifts back when I was dreaming regularly. It felt like fully developed towns were "supposed" to have a ton of them, and always the rarest items, like a status symbol. Town after town of throwing beans, sparkling cider, ice cream, tweeters, bubbles, and so on. While those items are cool, it started to feel a little showy to me, since those items are all hard to obtain. And it didn't feel like a reflection of the town's personality any more, since everyone had the same set of items. Now, I wear the clothes, but I generally don't unwrap every single present in town.

If there are unwrapped clothes on the ground, I always wear them. If anything is wrapped, I don't bother picking them up most of the time. Too much hassle for something that might just be a bubble wand. Sometimes I will pick up something wrapped if it's somewhere along the town paths, but hardly ever if it's in the town plaza.

I absolutely do! If I don't the first time, I always make sure to explore all of the little things left for the dreamer when I revisit a town in full :]

I enjoy when there are unwrapped outfits by the town tree, and a few wrapped items are nice as well. If there are a bunch of wrapped items, I just choose a few at random. The first thing I do in a dream is ditch the ugly pink pj hat (haha), and change into dream clothing if there is any. I don't care for having to unwrap a bunch of items to see what the clothing is, though--it's so much easier/nicer to be able to see what the clothing items are before deciding whether or not to use them. Items, though (like food, wands, etc.) seem nicer when wrapped. :)

I don't mind if gifts are scattered throughout the town. I do that in my own towns, too.

exactly this! it gets too tiresome when there's like 20 wrapped presents. i just don't wanna unwrap everything by the plaza to find out it was never a clothing set (what i caref most abt lmfao) in the first place. besides not wanting to be in the sleep clothes, it's just nice to see how people view their town, the vibe that they think people should dress like in it, to fit in. but again, if it's like something i don't enjoy, i don't wanna open 12 presents to find it only to go back into my patterns for a dress onhand.

i do appreciate wrapped presents more when they are in fun places around, by their ownsome. bit more of an adventure that way.

anyways, this is all moot, athelwyn said it all v well! ;)

Seems rather fun. :)
Usually open them, in hopes of finding shoes/socks, not a fan of feet. :mad:
Also, I like finding toys like the Bubble Wand and Pinwheels. :p

I do open them, I'm to curious as to what was left out not to.

In my main town I decorate with wrapped gifts (clothes, toys, food) and there are many so I don't expect people open them all.

Last edited:
Back