• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

how do u make a villager leave lol

lichia

:^)
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Tasty Cake
mott has been living in my town for a while and i haven't been completing many of his requests nor talking to him a lot. i haven't sent him letters either and although i dislike him i'd hate him a lot less if he hadn't built his house right in front of my bridge >:-(

i've started hitting him w the net today and he got upset then angry so my question is: should i keep bothering him? is this going to reduce our friendship level and make him move? i'd also love to hear stories from people who have done this before.

also, will it work if other villagers keep telling me they've heard rumors of another character leaving? they keep telling me rizzo will move (sure hope so) but i don't think he's pinged me abt it yet. is there something else i can do to make mott leave faster? preferably w/o having to tt but please please let me know either way :c i need him g o n e he's messing up my paths!!!

and yeah i know i should've have plot reset him or something but idk how to and am afraid to mess it up. once i time traveled and suddenly beau moved in and placed his house in an awkward spot but and now i like him too much to make him go away god i'm full of regrets

it can be so complicated to get someone to move out. i think building a friendship with the villager is easier for them to ping you, especially when you time travel a few days though. the best way to get them to move is by using an amiibo card but then there's a chance that the amiibo moves in the same place as Mott. i don't think you should keep bothering him, i tried that many times and it never worked. the only villagers that pinged me were the ones that i had greater friendships with. when villagers tell you that a villager is thinking of moving they really are. you either haven't talked to Rizzo in a while so he can't ping you or you just haven't seen him yet

The fastest way to make a villager leave is to befriend them. Do every single errand they ask for. Talk to them every day. Send them letters with presents attached. The higher your friendship level goes, the more he will want to leave

i see :0 i have talked to rizzo regularly actually but he hasn't pinged me yet. maybe he has and i just don't remember it, although that'd be unlikely. ty for the info!

- - - Post Merge - - -

hmmmmm that's good to know. i should get to work then lmao :c tysm!

If you want, I can come over and talk to them. Aslong as you have no other villagers wanting to move away, if I talk to them, they'll want to move away the next day. Want me too? :D.

Aww, poor Mott, no respect :(

I'm Pretty sure the fastest, and most favorite way to remove a villager is to use an amiibo card. First of all you get to choose who moves in, second you get to choose who moves out, and you know when they will move in, so you can place paths the day before so they don't move into bad areas that you don't want the to plot into. Way more faster than befriending them. But I guess befriending them is the fastest way if you don't have amiibo cards.

Last edited:
I've always befriended villagers and then pushed them in pitfalls and hit them with a net. Had always worked for me

Back