Question about paths!

DivaBlueGirl

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Winter Mittens
So I had only one path for a while and I thought my town looked a little plain with only one path, I replaced a couple qr code spaces with a new pattern however it replaced random parts of the path with the new design! (like corners, since I replaced a corner piece with a new pattern). I can't find my old path anywhere and now my town just looks worse than it did before. Does anyone know why this happened or how to prevent this? Cause I see a load of dreams with many amazing paths. :(

of you change out the qr design, it automatically switches those squares that you've laid down in town to the new qr codes.
to fix it, you can either kick up the squares or i think you could delete the patterns from your pattern menu and then they should go away

of you change out the qr design, it automatically switches those squares that you've laid down in town to the new qr codes.
to fix it, you can either kick up the squares or i think you could delete the patterns from your pattern menu and then they should go away

So I can delete the pattern of my old path but it will still be on the ground right? Because I want to keep the old path I just want to add a new one but there isn't enough space in the menu

Last edited:
Unfortunately the paths you lay out need to stay in your pattern inventory, so to speak. Meaning one character can only be using 10 different patterns at a time. How people use more than ten patterns on the ground at once is through alt. characters.

So I can delete the pattern of my old path but it will still be on the ground right? Because I want to keep the old path I just want to add a new one but there isn't enough space in the menu

nuhuh ! any paths you delete are gone and you can no longer use them anywhere in town. if you want to add another path but don't have room, i would suggest either saving patterns you've made yourself to able's.

or adding another character in town and they will get the same number of spaces for paths as your main and can put them down like paths in town nust the same.

Unfortunately the paths you lay out need to stay in your pattern inventory, so to speak. Meaning one character can only be using 10 different patterns at a time. How people use more than ten patterns on the ground at once is through alt. characters.

Ohh I didn't think of having other characters! :) If I delete that character after I've put the qr codes down will the qr codes go away? Sorry for all the questions >.<

Ohh I didn't think of having other characters! :) If I delete that character after I've put the qr codes down will the qr codes go away? Sorry for all the questions >.<

nah, it's all good. no one rly says this stuff.

if you delete the character, the paths will go away too. if you change the paths, the paths will change, etc, just like the main character.

you'll have to keep them. and their paths can only be put down by them, but anyone can kick them up off the ground.

Also, if you delete a design by clicking "delete" it will turn into a white square. So all your paths that were on the floor in that "slot" will be white. If you put another pattern in that "slot" it will update to that slot's pattern, etc. This also applies for customised furniture. Let's say you have a slot with a pattern on it and you customise a bed to have that pattern. If you change the design in that slot, it will automatically change the furniture to the updated pattern. I find it really annoying that you need alternative characters just to have more spaces for unique patterns, but c'est la vie.

I found out that the only patterns that don't disappear when you delete a character are the ones you put up in Able Sisters. I had an alternative character that designed a shirt and displayed it in the shops but when I deleted her the shirt remained and they villagers were still wearing it. I haven't tested out yet whether the shirt changes if you replace that design though.

Also--and I know you didn't ask this, but the info might help--your town flag (and any custom signs or standees you have) do not require you to keep their designs in your pattern inventory. So if you have your town flag taking up a design slot, it's safe to replace it with a pattern you want to use for a path. (But be sure to save all your patterns with Mabel!)

So, paths = any path piece you want on the ground needs to stay in your pattern inventory

Town flag/custom design sign/custom standees = once they are displayed, you can put something else in their pattern inventory slot

Last edited:
Also--and I know you didn't ask this, but the info might help--your town flag (and any custom signs or standees you have) do not require you to keep their designs in your pattern inventory.

Thanks! I was scared to delete my town flag design lol

Back