Yellow Lily
Red Rose
Tasty Cake
Winter Mittens
April Birthstone (Diamond)
December Birthstone (Turquoise)
Pear (Fruit)
Orange (Fruit)
So, for the past two years I have had a fish named Chirimiri and all of my friends think she is very cute.
However, they all seem to be of the opinion that fishes as pets are boring.
I'm biased and think that they are amazing.. Are there any other fish lovers out there? Or do you think that they're as worthwhile as their 2 second attention span?

Last edited:
I've had axolotls. They were pretty fun. I think the main reason why fish/aquatic pets get a lot of harsh criticism is because you can't hold them.

I think fish are pretty neat. People don't really realize that they need a lot of attention and care. Their version of "air" is water and there are a lot of chemicals/work that needs to be put into the water to make it livable for them.

I want to try a salt water tank next...I love looking at corals lol

I LOVE FISH and aquatic pets as a whole hhhh. Only thing is cleaning tanks is a lot of work (especially with two very nosy dogs) and I'm not really cut out for it. Not right now anyways.

Most recently I had a betta fish for ~2 yrs but he passed. RIP to my boy Bubble Ghanouj you were my best friend ✌️

I have odd feelings about fish. Since they don't seem as sentient as other animals, I don't mind fishing for both fun and food. Yet I also have had pet fish in the past, and wouldn't mind having pet fish again. My relationship with fish as a whole is complicated. Like, "I would totally keep you as a pet, but I have no qualms about killing you and eating you either." I do love aquatic animals though. My favorite are cephalopods. I would love to have a pet octopus or something, but I also love to eat octopus...

I had 2 goldfish when I was around 7, they died in the first week. My mom forgot to clean the bowl one day.
I don't think they're very good pets. There's no physical or affectionate interactions you can really do with them. Some are really pretty and cute though and I do like fishes, they're great for decoration but that's the only good thing I can think of.

Last edited:
I love fish! Honestly, the fish are only half the fun. I love designing things, so decorating the fish tank is very therapeutic for me. My betta died two months ago, so I currently only have one amano shrimp (his name is Casper) in my tank. I am hoping to add another betta or nerite snail eventually.
dv1ge4C.jpg

HTVcvL9.jpg

Need something better than a toothbrush to scrub off the algae...

Last edited:
I love fish! Honestly, the fish are only half the fun. I love designing things, so decorating the fish tank is very therapeutic for me. My betta died two months ago, so I currently only have one amano shrimp (his name is Casper) in my tank. I am hoping to add another betta or nerite snail eventually.
dv1ge4C.jpg

HTVcvL9.jpg

Need something better than a toothbrush to scrub off the algae...

I love the shrimp he's absolutely beautiful!
A+ on tank aesthetic
I just hope that the toothbrush is not the one you use on your teeth :(

I love the shrimp he's absolutely beautiful!
A+ on tank aesthetic
I just hope that the toothbrush is not the one you use on your teeth :(

Nah I just have a bunch of extra toothbrushes from visits to the dentist. I use the cheap, flimsy ones for my fish tank because the bristles are too hard for my gums.

Well I love fish are pets but they don't really serve to much for fun
I prefer a turtle to be honest I love reptiles
Anyway I don't find them boring I just don't find them fun

I'm not a huge fan of pet fish, tbh. I mean, they look great in their tank and everything, but if I get a pet, it would be so that I could play with it and hug it. Fish are just...there. But I don't blame people for liking them. They can be beautiful and fascinating. But they're the kind of animal you just look at, and not much else. In my own opinion, it isn't really a true pet, since most people use them as ornaments or decoration. :/

Well I love fish are pets but they don't really serve to much for fun
I prefer a turtle to be honest I love reptiles
Anyway I don't find them boring I just don't find them fun

Agreeing with this ^^

I had two Bettas when I was a kid, and had whole tank full of fish about 4 years ago, but sadly most of them died, and we got rid of our tank. They were too much maintenance, and not worth the money we were putting into them. I love fish, but I would much rather have a turtle or a lizard. I currently have a chameleon, but would absolutely love to own a turtle!

I love fishes but I don't agree with keeping them in aquariums. They should be kept in the wild. I just feel bad for them living in small tanks.

I love fish. Creeps me out that anybody can kill and eat them.

I have a goldfish named Nemo, which I won at a carnival when I was very young. It's grown really huge.

i love fish, i had 2 beta fishes that both lasted about 2 years (one of which couldve lasted longer but unfortunately i had to give him away), i think pet fish and aquariums add alot of atmosphere to any room.

i love fish, i have been keeping them for many years....i love to watch the way they interact and love decorating the tank. Every time i clean the tank, it is a relaxing chore if you call it that. I have had my fish have babies. It is a very interesting process to see them lay the eggs, and see as they hatch and begin to swim on there own. I also like to see how the parent protect them. Overall it has been a fun time having them.

I love fish. Creeps me out that anybody can kill and eat them.

I have a goldfish named Nemo, which I won at a carnival when I was very young. It's grown really huge.

I don't blame you, the whole idea of murder or killing and devouring a once living organism in itself is kind of crazy. But it's just another way of life.

We used to have fish when I was younger but I always cried whenever one died so we had to stop getting them :/ I thought they were cute at the time but I'm still not really a big fan of them as pets, I'd much rather an animal that's a bit livelier I guess

Last edited:
cute but i dont want them.

we had pet fish when i was a kid (like 5 yrs old, it was my brother and mom who took care of them) but it was rly tragic because there were two fat ones who ate all the other fish and then one of the fat ones ate the other fat one and then that fish died too. i dont think we bought any other fidh after that

this story might not be 100% true to reality because i was a kid and this was how i remember it happening but there were probably attempts to stop the eating of other fish??? idk....,... it was rly sad tho and i disliked the fat fish a lot

Back