• Our Earth Week 2024 mini-event is scheduled to begin tonight featuring hybrid flower breeding and more -- stay tuned!

Happy St. David's Day!!

King Dorado

you can do anything
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Rebel Gnome
Fossil Easter Egg
Ladybug Easter Egg
Paradise Planning Easter Egg
Splat Easter Egg
Fossil Easter Egg
Classic Easter Egg
Togepi Easter Egg
Waluigi Easter Egg
Yoshi Easter Egg
its St. David's Day today, in celebration of the patron saint of Wales, and all things Welsh.
so i put my daffodil collectibles on display!
<------

here are some things i did last year to celebrate:
made Welsh rarebit, hot caul (lamb stew), and potato leek soup.

this year I may not get around to doing much until the weekend as it's also Ash Wednesday today.

anybody going to do anything to celebrate??

(oh i need to check Trader Joe's, they usually have some fresh daffodil cuttings...)

those are lilies

shhh they're daffodils

- - - Post Merge - - -

anyway haha ex resident of llanfairpwllgwyngy(- gogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch)

do people actually celebrate st david's day outside of Wales/the UK?

- - - Post Merge - - -

was there even a thread for pancake day ??? what is going on

I'd love some Potato Leek soup! We have a bunch of yellow daffodils growing on the side of our roads in our community. I saw someone out there stealing them as usually they have signs out asking people to not pick them. They're so pretty. Doesn't feel like spring until the daffodils start springing up.

Happy St. David's Day! unfortunately i wont be doing anything special for this holiday :{

Happy Saint David's Day! even though it's technically just ended here...

I've spent a lot of my life in Wales; used to live there when I was younger and my parents still have a house there now so we visit a lot. We don't celebrate/do anything out of the ordinary but it's always nice to recognise such a beautiful country.

shhh they're daffodils

- - - Post Merge - - -

anyway haha ex resident of llanfairpwllgwyngy(- gogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch)

do people actually celebrate st david's day outside of Wales/the UK?

- - - Post Merge - - -

was there even a thread for pancake day ??? what is going on

holy crap you're right there was no thread for pancake day?! possibly the greatest holiday of them all??

i've only been to wales once but it was incredibly beautiful (if anyone's ever seen the prisoner that's where it was filmed which is why i went, amazing)

Wales is a standalone country? thought it was just a british province

in Cardiff on every St. David's Day, they hold a traditional stampede of Welshi corgis:

68066-Puppy-dog-stampede-gif-EnxR.gif

Back