Well I WAS excited for the Pikachu N3DS XL...

HopeForHyrule

Bunny Fanatic
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Switch
2496-6703-5894
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
Timmy Christmas Doll
Winter Mittens
My hubby ordered it for me as an early birthday present on Friday when it released. He got it from GameStop, but since it's still sitting as an "open" order, I figure it's any second now it'll be cancelled. If it hasn't already and they're just not telling me.

This is what I hate about Nintendo's special editions of anything. I know they're supposed to be rare and not have a lot of them on offer, but it still sucks when you can't get them.

Sorry, I'm just venting and in a mood over it.

Anyone else upset over missing out on a special or limited edition of a Nintendo system or game? Share your woes!

The New 3DS XL Happy Home Designer edition sparked my interest, but there is no way for me to rationalize getting it. I got a pretty New 3DS at the end of 2015, and it's also Animal Crossing themed. I just kind of want face plates with the little buildings and furniture on it like the XL, but I don't see why they would do that when it is a limited edition's design. Either way, I'm very blessed in what I have regardless and will choose to be content. c:

I hope you do get your Pikachu limited edition! ♡

I never really bothered with the special edition ones. My DS at the time was still working perfectly so I didn't see a need for an upgrade. But after a few years, when the Galaxy 3DS XL came out, I did upgrade to that one since I liked it more and my old one was slowly starting to show its age.

I don't really bother with Nintendo special editions...I mean, I do have some and if I have the opportunity to get a special/limited edition that I actually think is pretty neat I'll obviously get it, but I don't have the time to be feeling let down every time Nintendo releases a cool special edition of something and only bother to put out about 3 units of the damn thing...If they don't want my money, I'm not going to force them to take it.

Saying that, a lot of them aren't even that hard to find some time after launch when the hype has died off. If you can't get it on launch, shop around in a few months to see whether or not they were that 'special' or 'limited'.

I hate it when they're always taken by scalpers especially the more popular limited editions like Zelda, Monster Hunter, Pokemon, Fire Emblem, etc. I don't live in the US so I just have to cross my fingers every time hoping they would still arrive here. As for the new 3DS Pikachu, it was first released here in SEA (as well as Japan) so I didn't have a problem buying it straight from the store. Hopefully, there'd still be open slots (in the future) so you can get yours :)

Last edited:
that sucks.. i've never had an issue with this, i only have exclusive tho so maybe i just lucked out when getting it
but gosh i hate gamestop so bad. i blame them bye

I did order one of the limited edition and it was the best deal I ever encountered though I did part with quite some amount of money. However, I got a switch, console and Lego Darth Vader for scale. This was so cool and am looking forward for the next Zelda day.

I've had issues with pre-ordering stuff at gamestop too. I got the animal crossing HHD edition DD from there and put down a $200 down payment on it. I was only expecting to spend around $50 when I went to pick it up, had my receipt and everything, and once I got there they told me they had no record of me pre-ordering the DS even though I had the receipt. They ended up giving me the ds and I paid for the rest of it but they hassled me about wanting the system I paid for.

When sun and moon came out I got the collectors edition guide and they told me when I picked up the games they were out of copies of the guide but they should have them restocked the following Monday. The guy was super nice about it and wrote down my number and said he'd call me when they came back in stock so I just patiently waited.... for two weeks. After that I called three times and nobody answered so I went down to the store. I showed them the receipt again and the man working that day acted like it was such a inconvenience I was asking for either the book or my money back. I ended up getting the book even if it put me in a bad mood for the rest of the day xD

Short story I'm going to be pre-ordering somewhere else.

I'm sorry you don't have your Pikachu New 3DS XL. It's never fun to be excited about something only to be let down when that something doesn't come to fruition. I am hoping you are able to get a hold of your system. You can always speak with a manager at your local Gamestop to see if there is anything they can do to help you out. I've only ever purchased one special edition system myself (the HHD New 3DS). I do not believe that system was rare though because if I remember correctly, I ended up getting mine from Toys R Us quite a while after it came out. Maybe there's just not too many Animal Crossing nuts in my area. Anyhoo, I'm sending you some luck, and HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY!!!

I'm sorry you don't have your Pikachu New 3DS XL. It's never fun to be excited about something only to be let down when that something doesn't come to fruition. I am hoping you are able to get a hold of your system. You can always speak with a manager at your local Gamestop to see if there is anything they can do to help you out. I've only ever purchased one special edition system myself (the HHD New 3DS). I do not believe that system was rare though because if I remember correctly, I ended up getting mine from Toys R Us quite a while after it came out. Maybe there's just not too many Animal Crossing nuts in my area. Anyhoo, I'm sending you some luck, and HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY!!!

I went to my local GameStop, and thankfully the manager was working, so she called their employee service line. My hubby had to buy a gift card and pay for the system that way because apparently PayPal wasn't working. They even upgraded me to overnight shipping for free. But then I called customer service yesterday and the dude I talked to said my order was STILL on hold. But he took it off of hold and by some miracle, it's actually being delivered today.

Moral of the story: I will never buy another thing from GameStop.

Thank you for the birthday wishes! And thanks for your lucky vibes, because it seems to have worked!

Awww, I'm glad everything worked out. I don't blame you for not going back to Gamestop, sounds like far more of a hassle than it needed to be.

Oh, god, that is a huge bummer. Although, I was lucky and was gifted from my Father the New 3ds XL LE of Sun/Moon Pokemon, I ended up breaking the back plate trying to put in a micro-sd. Funny how they decide to change it. Really. Making us work to even get it done unless we're super lazy. And then when we do, it's so fragile that the screws can strip so easily and the plate will break. GAW.

But yeah, sorry for that... Rant. Regardless, I do hope you get that one... I wouldn't think Gamestop to be that merciless, but then again... Some stores can differentiate on customer service than other's, which is truly a stupid pity.

When i first saw the Pikachu n3dsxl release overseas, I fell in love because i adored the pastel yellow color. I still have my animal crossing edition 3ds, but it is a bit outdated so my fiance (being the stunning man he is) went ahead and got it for our anniversary. I love it so much. ��

Sorry to hear that :( I actually got mine the day it came out. I guess that's the benefit of living in a small town, not so many people are gonna order something limited edition.

Last edited:
Back