• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Dragon Ball series

Do you like the Dragon Ball series?

• Yes

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • No

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • No opinion

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • other (please specify)

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters

Nuclear Bingo

Bells
Winter Mittens
Do you like the Dragon Ball series? It was huge when I was about 10-15 years younger. I still really like it. But with Dragon Ball Super getting an official English dub airing in North America in particular, I began to wonder, do people younger than me care about Dragon Ball? I'll be honest, I don't really ask teenagers and kids if they like Dragon Ball Super or any other previous installments.

I never watched Dragon Ball as a kid, but I do remember DBZ being on the morning cartoons when I was in primary school.
I've watched a few episodes of DBS (subbed) though and it was really good! My boyfriend was really into it as a kid so I really wanna re-watch the older ones together too!!

also Trunks is so cute

I enjoy it

it isn't anything I'm majorly into, but still generally enjoyable I feel

vegeta best dad, with piccolo runner up

Last edited:
Me love all the animes!!! >:3c over 9,000 teheeheehoo

it's ****

Last edited:
Enjoyed it. :)
Actually watched the original ones when Goku was a child as well.
Watched it with my Mom... so I saw it Spanish. :eek:

I used to watch DBZ. what i liked about it was that, you could take all kinds of breaks and still not miss a fight. you know, go make a snack, take a restroom break, take a phone call, and then come back to the show, and they're still talking about the fight they gonna be having soon....

(maybe that's where Jubs got his understanding of what "soon" means...)

Currently watching through it and I am near the end of DBZ, enjoying it but some of the episodes are unnecessary. I know I can watch the newer version but I rather watch the original first.

It's absolutely ridiculous, but it remains one of the very few series where I actually enjoy the action.

As a kid, I really hated the animation style and so I never watched it. So far, no one has ever told me anything about it that makes it appealing to me, unfortunately..

I really enjoyed the original Dragon Ball although it got a bit slow toward the end. The theme songs are so great too.

Grew up watching DBZ & the movies and my little bro & I would have our action figures fight each other haha. I've been watching the DBS dub with my roommate and it's been a real nostalgia trip hearing those familiar voices again.

I always used to watch DBZ and just thought that was the original for a long time until my brother showed me Dragon ball. I like Dragon ball, and DBZ, I didn't like GT though and I've watched a bit of super but I'm still meh about it. Like why do they need another level to obtain they can't go super saiyan 4 without destroying the Earth, wouldn't this god one be even more devastating?

Gohan was my favorite character and I always remember this one line he had against majin buu, "Fight you? No I want to kill you." That was a badass moment.

I don't know everything there is to know about the series, but I really enjoy it and almost always stop to watch if i catch it on. Unless I have literally seen that particular episode 5 times prior. I know most of the main characters at least, and most of the main villains, and what not. I've only seen one full episode of Super, because my schedule doesn't allow me to watch as much tv anymore, but i liked what I saw, and would like to see more of super.

I've just been watching DBZ abridged. Weirdly you still understand some major plot points just more condensed and usually funny.

I feel like its overly rated, as well as over done. Its kind of like one piece where it goes on for a really long time.

DBZ is really weird for me. I remember tuning into it years ago and the episodes never ran in chronological order, or at least it seemed like they were airing two different versions of the show? I have no idea, my memories of it are extremely vague and I could never understand it as a kid, but the episodes were definitely out of order. The artstyle changed quite drastically between them too. I don't think I'd ever watch it now but it's always been a weird memory for me that I can never quite place my finger on.

I watched Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z when they ran on Toonami back in the day. I enjoyed both of them and still like the Dragon Ball series as a whole, but it's not one of my favorite series or anything. I don't watch Super week to week and just kind of follow along via summaries or reviews and look into an episode if there's something remarkable about it.

DBZ is really weird for me. I remember tuning into it years ago and the episodes never ran in chronological order, or at least it seemed like they were airing two different versions of the show? I have no idea, my memories of it are extremely vague and I could never understand it as a kid, but the episodes were definitely out of order. The artstyle changed quite drastically between them too. I don't think I'd ever watch it now but it's always been a weird memory for me that I can never quite place my finger on.

You're likely combining either Dragon Ball Z with the original Dragon Ball, or Dragon Ball Z with Dragon Ball GT. I distinctly remember Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z both playing on weekdays for a period of time.

Dragon Ball was the first part of the story that showcased Goku as a kid and introduced a lot of the "Z Fighters" like Krillin, Yamcha, Tien, and Piccolo as well as others like Master Roshi and Bulma.

Dragon Ball Z took place after the end of Dragon Ball and is, obviously, the most famous and popular part of the series.

Dragon Ball GT is a non-canon entry to the series that takes place after the end of Dragon Ball Z that was made by Toei and didn't have much if any involvement with Akira Toriyama (the creator of the Dragon Ball series) other than character designs.

I'd say it's most likely that you're thinking of the original Dragon Ball since that artstyle is more distinctly different from what's used in Dragon Ball Z and GT. Not knowing specifically what you're referring to, though, the best way to find out is probably via a quick Google Image search.

iirc Dragon Ball Z during some periods was aired multiple times a day or week, and i do think that the different time slots were showing different parts of the storyline; so if you tuned in at a particular day/time then you had to stick with that airing to follow the sequence. iirc... (and this was in the USA, dunno what was in UK...)

Back