Are you multilingual?

easpa

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Mailbox
English is the only language that I'm fluent in, so I wouldn't consider myself multilingual unfortunately. :( I'm fairly proficient in speaking Irish, but not fully fluent although I'd love to be some day because I bloody adore the language. I speak a little bit of French too as I'm learning it at school, but nothing more complex than asking where the bathroom is or ordering food at a restaurant.

What about everyone else?

I can speak fluent English and German. I'm good at French but I would've probably been able to speak it fluently if I didn't skip my classes all the time.

English is the only language that I'm fluent in, so I wouldn't consider myself multilingual unfortunately. :( I'm fairly proficient in speaking Irish, but not fully fluent although I'd love to be some day because I bloody adore the language. I speak a little bit of French too as I'm learning it at school, but nothing more complex than asking where the bathroom is or ordering food at a restaurant.

What about everyone else?

I wish I knew more Irish as well but Ive forgotten a good deal of it now. It is a lovely language ☺

I wish I knew more Irish as well but Ive forgotten a good deal of it now. It is a lovely language ☺

I'd say you'd be surprised by the c?pla focal you might still have at the back of your head! Although it is pretty incredible how little of the langauge we really know after having it drilled into us for so many years at school :eek:

Spanish was my first language but I consider English to be my main language. I've also studied Italian so I can read/understand it. I haven't used it in a long time so I know I'm way out of practice in terms of writing and conversations. I'd love to revisit Italy again someday.

Japanese is the next language I'm hoping to tackle. I have plenty of beginner books but I'm lazy to get through them.

I just speak English. My mom never taught me Spanish growing up so when I tell people I don't speak much Spanish, they'll look at me like I'm a disgrace to my heritage.

I only fluently speak english, but I do understand some french. I'd love to be fully multilingual someday :)

fluent in swedish and english ( surprise !!! i do know Th Gremr Rools i just dont follow them). i understand a lot of german (suck at speaking, know very little grammar, my vocabulary is small) but i hate german and only studied it for 5 years because i had to. i'll probably never learn german to the point of being fluent so i guess it was kind of a waste to study it for so long.

also this is cheating but i understand norweigan (tho i cant speak it lol) and Some danish but danish people talk like theyve got a sock in their mouth so i wouldnt be able to have a conversation with someone speaking danish

My native tongue is English but I can speak Polish fluently. My written Polish isn't nearly as good unfortunately, when I learned it was more focused on speaking. I was surrounded by Poles for months and so I had people to constantly practice with and correct me when I made mistakes. Know various phrases and bits n' bobs in many languages but nothing near that level. Would like to learn Spanish but prefer to be fully immersed so I'm largely saving it for the next time I get a chance to spend months out of the country.

Last edited:
I'm fluent in German and English and I've also learned a little bit French. Would love to pick up Spanish, Polish and Dutch.

I only speak English but am learning ASL ^^
Took a few years of German in high school but we never did much, mostly worksheets and we almost never spoke

Y are there so many of these threads.
Fluent: English, Arabic
Experienced: Spanish
Beginner: Latin

Fluent English (considering it's my first language like most people here lol...) and experienced Japanese. I could hold a good conversation with someone Japanese and I can understand quite a lot from listening and reading. :')

english and british

i wonder how sad someones lifes gotta be to be bumping 7 year old threads :LOL:

Last edited:
Back