• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

I'm back...and have a few questions about the Welcome Amiibo update.

Mr.Fox

Fantastic
Bells
Yellow Rose
Red Rose
Yellow Rose
Red Rose
Yellow Rose
Red Rose
Yellow Rose
Golden Watering Can
Yellow Rose
Red Rose
I haven't been on here since 2015, as I thought I'd 'beaten' New Leaf. I'd collected everything possible (with the exception of the Gold Bug/Fish badges, which I was fine with) and the game was just collecting dust on the shelf...and then this Welcome Amiibo update dropped and kicked my OCD into overdrive again. So before I open trading/selling threads again (I've picked up all the Amiibo figures, RV Cards, and a good chunk of the HHD cards so keep an eye out if you're interested) I need to know a few specifics...

1.) Filly and Holden...can't move into your town correct?

2.) RV Villagers...do they give you pictures? ie. 50 more annoying pictures for me to collect?

3.) Special Character Pictures...this one's a little more complicated. If I have 4 different Isabelle cards, will they all give me the same pic/quote? Also, if I got an in-game picture from KK, would I get the same picture/quote by scanning his amiibo card? Does this pertain to everyone in the same boat who also give you an in-game pic ie. Katie, Resetti etc.

4.) There's two items in the Welcome Amiibo catalog that don't have how you obtain them listed...a lotus pond and a (insert proper name here) clock...it has scissors as hands. Any info on how these are obtained?

Thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to throw me some info.

1. Correct. They are NPC RV's exclusive to Japan.

2. Yes, the RV villagers give pictures the same way regular villagers do - by having them in your town and befriending them.

3. I don't know the right answer to this since I haven't tested it out yet.

4. The lotus pond is a mystery. It seems to only be attainable through hacking unfortunately. I'm not sure what the other item is. A picture would be helpful. :)

Hope I helped a little!

1. Correct. They are NPC RV's exclusive to Japan.

2. Yes, the RV villagers give pictures the same way regular villagers do - by having them in your town and befriending them.

3. I don't know the right answer to this since I haven't tested it out yet.

4. The lotus pond is a mystery. It seems to only be attainable through hacking unfortunately. I'm not sure what the other item is. A picture would be helpful. :)

Hope I helped a little!

You helped a lot! Tysm :)

Btw, that item is called a Narrow Clock. I'm having trouble getting a non-blurred image of it.

Oh I just searched it on moridb.com and it might also be a hacked item. If it's scissors, it's probably something that is in Shampoodle's, and not meant to be an in-game item, and somehow, hacking might be able to make it one. I might be wrong though, but I don't know any other explanation.

Np. I appreciate the input :)

Hopefully someone can weigh in on the third question...I could technically answer it myself by TTing, but I don't want to get into the habit of doing that again...and I'm not really keen on wasting my Wisp calls.

I believe there are two versions of Isabell's picture, one is the picture of her in original uniform, the other one is in the dress. I heard someone mentioned it long ago but I didn't confirm it myself. As for the pond, are you talking about this moridb.com/items/furniture/lotus-pond?

Last edited:
The NPC cards don't get you the RV's sadly. You need their actual amiibo to retrieve them, so I think there are two different Isabelle amiibos, one in a blazer and one in her normal vest, but I am unsure if it comes with a different picture as I only have the normal Isabelle amiibo. =[

I'm still hoping someone can weigh in on my third question, as this is what I was trying to find out/point out...

The amiibo FIGURES don't give you pictures, only furniture. I'm aware of that. I have four different Isabelle amiibo cards, 2 different Tom Nook amiibo cards, 2 different Timmy/Tommy cards etc etc. Will they all give me the same or different pictures/quotes?

Alternatively, if you've gained an in-game picture (KK, Katie, Resetti etc.) but scan their respective amiibo cards, will they offer you a different picture than what you've obtained in-game?

Hi hi hi Mr Fox!!!!

That is a good question there about the special pictures -- I haven't had a lot of time to play so I haven't collected new pictures yet, I assumed different cards would give you the same picture. I haven't seen anyone mention getting an alternate picture. I'm still TTing forward in my 2nd town so I'll try this out in the next couple days.

Although if anyone else gets to it please post your results!!

Hi hi hi Mr Fox!!!!

That is a good question there about the special pictures -- I haven't had a lot of time to play so I haven't collected new pictures yet, I assumed different cards would give you the same picture. I haven't seen anyone mention getting an alternate picture. I'm still TTing forward in my 2nd town so I'll try this out in the next couple days.

Although if anyone else gets to it please post your results!!

Someone I know!!! I didn't know if I'd find any of you on here, so I'm glad to see a familiar face :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

I have tested out the pictures. All four of Isabelle cards give the same picture.

LuciaMew, you're a saint. TYSM for trying that out for me.

Interestingly, DJ K.K. and K.K cards give 2 different pictures although they have the same info like quotes.

Interestingly, DJ K.K. and K.K cards give 2 different pictures although they have the same info like quotes.

It might because the names of the two are different.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Someone I know!!! I didn't know if I'd find any of you on here, so I'm glad to see a familiar face :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

LuciaMew, you're a saint. TYSM for trying that out for me.

You are very welcome. I would love to have picture of Isabelle in different outfit :( I remember someone in Re-tail sub forum was selling the picture of Isabelle in the festival dress, I wonder where they get it.

I know! I thought more people would come back for the update but I guess they've moved on. I hadn't played in well over a year but I'm having a lot of fun again. Maybe I'll finally finish my badge collection, too.

I went a few rounds with Isabelles last night but she kept giving me furniture. I did think it was cute that the dialogue is different for different outfits. I'm going to keep trying different cards just for fun for a bit!

I'm excited to see what these newfangled cards and amiibo do with the game lol I'm actually starting my 3rd copy of the game that I never bothered opening for over a year because of my newfound vigor! Haha I impulse bought an Isabelle card so I'm excited to see her in fancy diggs :) still a lil confused about specifics though lol

Back