Oarfish Head
Oarfish Body
Oarfish Tail
Jingle Christmas Doll
Holiday Candy Cane 2020
Christmas Candy
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Famous Mushroom
You'd think after the Steve Harvey incident, they'd make extra sure this wouldn't happen. How hard can it be to put a card in an envelope, seal it, and hand it to a guy to read from it?

I never pay attention to the Oscars, what happened?

The announcer read the wrong movie for the "Best Picture" award, it was supposed to be Moonlight but he read La La Land was the winner for that category.

Well he didn't had the right card. Poor him, he knew something was wrong but Fay just went ahead without really reading.

I didn't watch because a.) I was sleeping and b.) I don't have cable. But awards shows like that are not my cup of tea. It's funny to see all the memes the next day tho, that's how I get my news, via meme. What a world we live in.
giphy.gif

i didn't watch it but i'm glad moonlight won, they deserved it more imo

Very embarrassing mistake. Or unnecessary pr stunt. I'm just glad Moonlight won.

super glad moonlight got the award it deserved but rly sad it was robbed of the full emotional weight of it. no one listened to them actually give speeches and now its abt the flub not the win, yunno.

Last edited:
Nobody outside of America watches the Oscars tbh because your timezones are zonked.

Yeah, they should start the Oscars at noon PST especially since it goes really late even in the U.S. Eastern Time Zone. It's a Sunday, so it's dumb to have it at night. Most people who watch part of it only watch the end anyway.

Last edited:
Like President Trump said, the Oscars was focused on politics too much.

Like President Trump said, the Oscars was focused on politics too much.

The mistake was the accounting firm's fault, not the celebrities. At least they apologized for the envelope containing alternative facts.

i laughed out loud when it happened. if some people didn't know what happened and wanted more of a clarification, the wrong envelope was handed for the award, it read "lala land" AND "emma stone" written on it. The card was for Emma Stone's win for best actress, FOR LaLa Land. The man reading it was confused and he thought maybe the woman would catch it but she didn't, so yeah all the applause happens, and then the stage manager I think comes up to clear it up.

I'd be willing to bet that it wasn't an accident. The Oscars needed something to take away from the racism that had been rumoured at last year's event. This was the perfect way to do that and cause controversy, thus more publicity.

Still great, though. I was hoping Bj?rk would show up and lay an egg again. No such luck.

Back