• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Embarrassing Things in Public

KatRose

total piece of crap
Bells
New Horizons Token
White Lily
Holiday Candy Cane 2016
Tasty Cake
This morning I went on a third date with this guy that I really like and it ended up going pretty poorly to say the least (in my opinion, dunno what he thought!). We decided to go hiking this morning and about 20 minutes into the hike, I kind of started wheezing a bit, which I assumed was simply a testament to me being out of shape, and promptly leaned over the side of the trail and threw up. 3 times. It was horrible and to make it even better I have emetophobia (fear of throwing up) so I was essentially paralyzed with fear and felt incredibly sick, with an intense migraine to top it all off. My date was so nice about it and sat with me until I felt okay enough to walk back to the car, but holy Jesus was I embarrassed. Third date and it felt like I ruined it completely!

Anyway, have any of you ever had similar experiences? Please tell me I'm not alone in doing embarrassing things/ having embarrassing things happen to you in public lol.

I am the embarrassing thing in public. :p

But seriously, I went out with my ex girlfriend once and some sort of SJW started taking pictures of us??? and when I asked "wyd" she started praising us for our PDA. She was drawing attention to us and I just wanted to curl up and die. I just wanna sit on the bus in peace pls T_T It's not that embarrassing but she made a scene on the high street.

Last edited:
I am the embarrassing thing in public. :p

But seriously, I went out with my ex girlfriend once and some sort of SJW started taking pictures of us??? and when I asked "wyd" she started praising us for our PDA. She was drawing attention to us and I just wanted to curl up and die. I just wanna sit on the bus in peace pls T_T It's not that embarrassing but she made a scene on the high street.

Ah, yeah, I've had that happen to me. My ex was always really...demonstrative when it came to PDA, so we would inevitably have someone come up to us, calling us so "brave" and "inspirational" for being openly gay. We also got bonus points for being an interracial couple!

As far as embarrassing things that I did in public, I have a tendency to cry from shame when I'm yelled at or scolded. There were a few times I put my foot in my mouth and pissed off my friends in public, and they'd call me out on it. I'd get so guilty and embarrassed that I'd just burst into tears, which makes thing awkward for everyone! Fantastic! I'm working on fixing that nasty habit.

Where I work we had a students vs. teachers volleyball game and I dove for the ball and I got it over the net..but my pants split a bit in the process. I got the heck outta the gym and carefully maneuvered to the nurse's office where I got some safety pins from her and pinned the rip together lmao. It was funny.

Well, idk to me it makes me feel mortified when people ask me to speak up??? Everytime I'm in public and someone says they can't hear me I get so embarrassed? Still trying to figure this out lol!

Well, idk to me it makes me feel mortified when people ask me to speak up??? Everytime I'm in public and someone says they can't hear me I get so embarrassed? Still trying to figure this out lol!

SAME, I'm often really quiet and I get so embarrassed and pissed off when people tell me to talk louder. Everyone says I'm so short and 'tiny' (which will immediately make me want to fight them) and that being loud doesn't suit me but I go into a panic when people ask me to be louder x.x especially reading something in a presentation to the class! I'm generally just a quiet person.

Last edited:
This morning I went on a third date with this guy that I really like and it ended up going pretty poorly to say the least (in my opinion, dunno what he thought!). We decided to go hiking this morning and about 20 minutes into the hike, I kind of started wheezing a bit, which I assumed was simply a testament to me being out of shape, and promptly leaned over the side of the trail and threw up. 3 times. It was horrible and to make it even better I have emetophobia (fear of throwing up) so I was essentially paralyzed with fear and felt incredibly sick, with an intense migraine to top it all off. My date was so nice about it and sat with me until I felt okay enough to walk back to the car, but holy Jesus was I embarrassed. Third date and it felt like I ruined it completely!

Anyway, have any of you ever had similar experiences? Please tell me I'm not alone in doing embarrassing things/ having embarrassing things happen to you in public lol.

I got wasted at a music festival and threw up on the side of the road, in front of loads of people. I got vomit all down me and I couldn't wash my clothes 'cause we were camping. I definitely feel your pain.

During my local Mardi Gras parade a few days ago I started feeling sick. On top of that I had a bunch of green/purple/yellow things that I was wearing. I couldn't find a place to vomit and I ended up getting that on all my clothes. But my vomit kind of blended in with the colors of Mardi Gras, nobody noticed xD

Last edited:
I only have one embarrassing story that happened recently (I try to avoid the public as much as I can tbh)

A few weeks back, I was at the mall with my mother and my sister-in-law, and I ended up sneezing, thus also making me toot in the middle of a walk to one of the stores inside the mall. My sister-in-law didn't look impressed, despite it being an accident that I simply couldn't prevent. I felt so embarrassed, and I hoped no one else had heard it.

when i was nine my sister and i lost our mom in the grocery store and i started crying because i have terrible anxiety and everything sucks and a woman came up to us and tried to help us because i was crying so much lmao. i hate ceying in front of anyone and it was really embarrassing to cry bc of a stupid reason like that in front of so many people lmao

Man I've done this a couple times in my life and I actually did it again recently. I accidentally opened the car door to someone else's car that was near ours. The first time someone was in it and I didn't even know! The second time we were at a McDonald's parking spot waiting for our food and I went in to check to see if they forgot us. When I came back I accidentally opened the car door to someone else's car that wasn't there when I left and was really embarrassed. Fortunately, that time the person was not around.

Last edited:
I was walking home from the school bus with my giant wooden house that I built from construction tech class. I couldn't see where I was going because the house was blocking the road in front of me. I tripped, nearly fell on my face, and dropped my project as another person who got off the bus was walking by. Good news is that the house was still intact.

I fell down the brick staircase coming out of one of the busiest buildings my school has, right at a time when a lot of people were either leaving class or going to class. Literally everyone stopped and watched.

I like your signature btw
I have done very embarrassing things before. An example of this was when we were rehearing for a program i was on the top riser and i was sick that day so i puked on everyone below me and it was gross and no one rtalked to me for like a week

op, that's the wooooorst. throwing up in public is up there for being one of the the most embarrassing things ever. i hate it.

i won't go into too many details cause i know people are young/have phobias. but i was in munich two summers ago, out with friends celebrating the end of our work placements and i got very well plied with drinks, let's just say. and normally, i'm great at holding my alcohol, but this time i had forgotten one key detail:

i had severe bronchitis at the time. and was not breathing/swallowing/hydrated as i should have been.

this i realized, in public, on a night bus, surrounded by people, with a very explosive moment. let's just say: everywhere. and leave it at that.

by far, possibly, the most embarrassing moment of my life lmfao. it doesn't quite go ahead, but it does kinda get its corners knocked off eventually. less sharp an embarrassment. lmfao. best of luck to ya, hon

At least he kept you company rather than being a careless fool. I'm sure accidentally brushing your dog's poo bag against a bare bush beside you and feeling it tear open is far worse and good gracious was I embarrassed especially when I had people walking in front and behind me. I had never walked so fast in my life! :D

when i was nine my sister and i lost our mom in the grocery store and i started crying because i have terrible anxiety and everything sucks and a woman came up to us and tried to help us because i was crying so much lmao. i hate ceying in front of anyone and it was really embarrassing to cry bc of a stupid reason like that in front of so many people lmao

my sister and i always wandered off in toy stores to mess around with the skateboards or bikes but i'd always end up bursting into tears because i didn't like being alone for too long and i get anxious, we'd always find her at some point but one time we couldn't and i started to panic and cry and a worker spotted us and took us to a till and said in the microphone thingy. "2 girls are lost and looking for their mom please come here" or something... it was embarrassing at the time because everyone took attention to me because i was still in tears but if i think about it know it's cute and funny

Last edited:
Back