Eggs
Old Eggs
Ruby
White Cosmos
White Cosmos
White Cosmos
White Cosmos
Leif
They can be positive, negative or neutral, it really doesn't matter, say what you really think.

There is another thread that only allows positive feedback towards Christianity here: X Post here instead if you don't want a debate and you just want to express a positive opinion.

The reason why I'm posting this is for everyone to share their opinion, I feel like the other one is trying to silence people who have something negative to say because they can't handle it. (This is just how I feel, it may or may not be true.) So don't be afraid to share your opinion here, you won't be bashed here.

I advise people to not reply to someone if they feel like insulting them, being snarky to them and so on, debates are fine but being rude isn't.

Otherwise you will most likely have a infraction for your behaviour.

My Opinion on Christianity

It brings negativity to the world, no...it brings destruction to the world in my opinion.

Most of the things in the Bible are horrible, the flood that killed the majority of Earth's life (Genocide),the support for slavery, the abuse of women who want to learn, the punishment women get for being raped, if two men lay in the same bed (homosexuals/bisexuals) they will be punished, if a child is disobedient they will be stoned to death e.t.c that's barely even half of it.

The Old testament and New testament are about the same God/Goddess, so if you worship them (Old & New) that literally means you should support the things I have listed above. People come up with the excuse "that was then, this is now", God/Goddess knows all and sees all, meaning they know the past, future and present so the rules in the Bible should still apply today. Another excuse is that the Old and New testament have different rules, so what? Its still the same God/Goddess. You wouldn't support Hitler if he had a different set of rules for you because "you're special" would you? No. You would be against him for all the terrible things he has done, so why should this be different? Oh that's right because you're brainwashed to believe in the Bible and that God/Goddess is perfect. I wouldn't call someone who killed most of the life on Earth, supports slavery, abuse and murder, perfect. Don't forget most Christians don't even practice their religion, now do they? They don't devote their time to it (that's the meaning of religion). So why should you actually believe in it if you barely read the Bible (just because you own one doesn't mean you read it, lol), attend Church/ a place that worships God/Goddess and so on.

The reason why I'm calling the biblical deity God/Goddess is because I think their gender/sex is based on sexism during that time and assumptions. How do we know it has a gender? We don't have proof and a book certainly isn't enough proof.

Despite all of this, I'm okay with every Christian I know personally, they just believe in God/Goddess they don't worship them. This could be said for most Christians though.

I identify as an atheist so naturally I'm going to be very critical towards any religion.

This is just my take on things, I won't reply if you decide to be rude to me so don't waste your time.

Last edited:
I don't like any religion but you're free to believe in whatever you want.
Sometimes it helps, sometimes it's damaging. I think it has more bad than good though. No one has to follow all the rules, but if you did with Christianity you're a bad person. I don't believe in it and I don't like the scare tactic they pull. I think my grandma was Christian and she must have been comforted because when she fell ill she thought she'd go to Heaven, however if you're not one you're just going to suffer in Hell forever right?
Christianity can bring out the good in people and they can sometimes change their lives around, that's another good thing. Other times it does the exact opposite.

Last edited:
I am not a fan of most religions. I mean, most of them have some positive core values but the bulk of it is just not my cup of tea. I voted Negativity.
Also there's this:
yQqiZrP.jpg

I was brought up Catholic by my parents and went to Catholic school for a lot of my life but I'd call myself an agnostic now. A lot of what has put me off Christianity is the amount of people that treat others badly under the guise of their religion. Growing up in rural Ireland, I've heard an awful lot of hate being spread by practicing Catholics towards just about any marginalised group you can imagine. The sex abuse scandals regarding the Catholic church in this country are pretty much in the icing on the disillusionment cake for me. idk, maybe I'd like to revisit Christianity at a later point in my life, but I've seen enough of the damage it can cause to ensure that point won't be any time soon.

I don't think it's necessarily a bad concept, but I've dealt with enough Christians in my life to know that the vast majority of them in the area that I live are 100% intolerant of anything not in the bible and actively discriminate against those who "sin". I'm sure that's not the case with all of them, but it's enough to drive me far from the religion.

I'm Catholic but I'm not really religious, and like obviously you shouldn't base all your morals off of some ancient book.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I don't think it's necessarily a bad concept, but I've dealt with enough Christians in my life to know that the vast majority of them in the area that I live are 100% intolerant of anything not in the bible and actively discriminate against those who "sin". I'm sure that's not the case with all of them, but it's enough to drive me far from the religion.
From my experience the majority of mainline protestants and catholics are for the most part pretty tolerant and welcoming to people, evangelicals tend to be really crazed about stuff like gays and abortion and drugs and sex before marriage.

I don't have any problems with christians or people of other religions as long as they don't hurt anyone or try to push their beliefs on other people. People don't have to agree with stuff like homosexuality or abortion but they do have to accept that others do.

I think it's something good. :)
However, there are some things that can be problematic with it...

Ok. All religions throughout history have done a thing that wasn't right. The only religion that is exempt from that, to my knowledge, is Judaism.

Stop attacking Christianity. Christianity brings hope, peace, stability to a lot of individuals and communities. There is a social war on Christianity that a lot of people seem to not care about. I suggest those who are interested to check out the book 'Godless America'. I believe Todd Starnes wrote it. I also suggest looking at the demographics of the Middle East. Christianity is declining there drastically... it's declining there b/c Christians are being acted upon horribly for their belief.

Last edited:
Ok. All religions throughout history have done a thing that wasn't right. The only religion that is exempt from that, to my knowledge, is Judaism.

Stop attacking Christianity. Christianity brings hope, peace, stability to a lot of individuals and communities. There is a social war on Christianity that a lot of people seem to not care about. I suggest those who are interested to check out the book 'Godless America'. I believe Todd Starnes wrote it. I also suggest looking at the demographics of the Middle East. Christianity is declining there drastically... it's declining there being Christians are being acted upon horribly for their belief.
Christianity, Islam, and Judaism all have some sort of bigoted garbage in their dogma so yeah to an extent they should be attacked. Also I'm pretty sure America would be fine without religion lol, it's not like people are going to go out killing and raping people because they don't know Jesus. Religion =/= morals.

Also do you not realize the irony of you being gay and suggesting a book that defends anti-gay "traditional values"

I feel like all religion does is divide people, both historically and presently. I was raised Christian and I know the ins and outs of it, and it honestly does not appeal to me. So many people say that Christianity is about loving everyone, because Jesus does. But that's not what a lot of Christians practice. As someone in the LGBT community and gender non-conforming person, I've seen the judgement and prejudice firsthand.

I don't have anything against religious folks. It's when they start to impose their beliefs and judgements on me that I draw the line.

I do not have a very positive view of Christianity. Sure, plenty of Christians are good and moral people. However, the religion can twist people's minds - cause them to devalue their life here on Earth. I've seen it happen in person. I lost a family member to that mindset.

The Bible is just straight-up immoral and full of atrocities. If the Bible was seen as solely a document from its time, that would be okay. However it is seen as the authority on morality. That is so messed up, I don't even know where to begin to start. There aren't any Christians that follow it in entirety, but there are some who use it to justify their sexism/misogyny, racism, homophobia, transphobia, and hate of people who follow other religions or follow no religion. And because it originated from a culture who did not understand reason, it has plenty of material for these hateful people to work off of.

I don't find it funny. If there was any all-knowing, moral deity behind the writing of the Bible, slavery would have been completely and utterly condemned. Women and men would have been declared equal (and on top of that, there would be no toxic "purity culture" which shames women for having any will or confidence of their own, shames women sexuality, and also shames victims so badly). Homosexuality would have been declared as something natural that happens in a small portion of the population, etc, etc.

The Bible should be seen as what it is - a collection of documents from history, which help us understand the mythology of people from the time (it's actually very interesting from that understanding), along with their customs of ethics and morality (which are just completely barbaric by today's post-Enlightenment understanding). The Bible is mythology, and it is toxic mythology. My opinion is that I wish people would move on from Christianity. If people still want to be spiritual and believe in a deity (which I don't understand because there's no reason whatsoever to believe any of that stuff, but there is freedom for a reason) that's fine, but please humanity, move on.

They can be positive, negative or neutral, it really doesn't matter, say what you really think.

There is another thread that only allows positive feedback towards Christianity here: X

The reason why I'm posting this is for everyone to share their opinion, I feel like the other one is trying to silence people who have something negative to say because they can't handle it. So don't be afraid to share your opinion here, you won't be bashed here.

I don't care you made a thread for people to share all opinions towards Christianity, but this statement right here made me angry. I've already shared my opinion on Christianity in the other thread. Based on your opinion, you know nothing about Christianity or what it's about. It's just God, by the way. Not God/Goddess I don't know where you're getting that from.

I don't care you made a thread for people to share all opinions towards Christianity, but this statement right here made me angry. I've already shared my opinion on Christianity in the other thread. Based on your opinion, you know nothing about Christianity or what it's about. It's just God, by the way. Not God/Goddess I don't know where you're getting that from.

It made me angry too because the other thread is over the positive things, so of course the negative things would be frowned upon.

Last edited:
I voted other because Christianity isn't the only one that caused more harm than help. Almost every religion has done this. Even atheism amd agnosticism has been just as harmful as Christianity and Islam has. The Bible and Quran has never encouraged violence. In fact, they scorn violence. But the radicals decide to ruin these my making them religions of war. The Crusades, Spanish Inquisition, 9/11, and ISIS all prove this point. So yes, religion caused more harm than help in the secular world, but ditching religion for that reason doesn't make you any better. Some atheists can even get arrogant about it. But atheism isn't evil either.

So you purposefully started this thread so we can **** on that one? It wasn't trying to silence negative opinions, sometimes people want a nice space where they can talk about something they all agree with together, not everything on the internet needs to be an argumentative space. You could've made this poll without bashing the positive space. I don't get why people feel the need to do that. If you hate Christianity, Judaism, any religion, whatever. Fine. Make your own space to talk about why but there's no need to make false accusations.

The thing I find confusing about Christianity is how they can say that there were talking animals and people living for 900 years and they just expect us to pass it off as truth and not deny it.

Like how the heck am I supposed to believe that?

This is why I just can't do religion anymore. It doesn't make any sense.

The church told me that I have to revolve my life around God and never question anything He does. Well I'm sorry but I just can't help it.

- - - Post Merge - - -

The Bible should be seen as what it is - a collection of documents from history, which help us understand the mythology of people from the time (it's actually very interesting from that understanding), along with their customs of ethics and morality (which are just completely barbaric by today's post-Enlightenment understanding). The Bible is mythology, and it is toxic mythology. My opinion is that I wish people would move on from Christianity. If people still want to be spiritual and believe in a deity (which I don't understand because there's no reason whatsoever to believe any of that stuff, but there is freedom for a reason) that's fine, but please humanity, move on.

*applauds*

Agreeing with this ^^

I personally don't like Christianity, but I won't hate on it, either. I'm an atheist, I believe in no god (though I do believe there is something out there more than us). I was forced into religion at an early age, when my mom used to make me go to church, fill my head with notions of what god is, and at one point, I did believe it. Until I realized that I didn't actually believe in god, and went my own way (she isn't aware of this, and would probably have a heart attack, as would the rest of my Christian family, if she were to find out). I am welcoming of everyone regardless of their beliefs, skin color, origin (sexual and otherwise), but I refuse to follow any religion, especially Christianity.

I personally don't like Christianity, but I won't hate on it, either. I'm an atheist, I believe in no god (though I do believe there is something out there more than us). I was forced into religion at an early age, when my mom used to make me go to church, fill my head with notions of what god is, and at one point, I did believe it. Until I realized that I didn't actually believe in god, and went my own way (she isn't aware of this, and would probably have a heart attack, as would the rest of my Christian family, if she were to find out). I am welcoming of everyone regardless of their beliefs, skin color, origin (sexual and otherwise), but I refuse to follow any religion, especially Christianity.

Same thing happened here. I stopped believing in Christianity when I was old enough to think for myself.

I recently tried to go to a youth group at a local church, to see if I could make some friends. Not only did I, like, not even meet anyone there, but when they were talking about "the love of God" and Jesus rising from the dead and somehow that being the only way to relieve the sin of humanity, I couldn't help but feel bad for them because they believe in all that crazy stuff. I mean it's their right to believe it, but... man...

tumblr_inline_mh6ynqyPbv1qd0k7a.gif

But honestly, I'm neutral. Every religion brings with it both positivity and negativity. There will always be extremism in ever religion.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I strongly relate to this. I'm accepting of other people's beliefs, but once I was able to think for myself and realised that there's this thing called science, I was outta there. I'm also gay, so if I did decide to get back into religion, I wouldn't be accepted because

i have sinned.

Last edited:
Back