Opinions on Christianity?

Your position on Christianity?

• Total voters
Yes, I agree that 'One bad apple ruins the basket.'

You can take action against that basket. But you don't have to hate the basket.

It taints the view of the basket though. A lot of people see extremism in the media and falsely put two and two together that ISIS=Islam=BAD. It's like wearing rose-tinted glasses.

People like that make religion look bad. ISIS make Islam look bad. Extremists make a religion look bad, regardless of whether they're acting on the truth of their religion. Islam is a peaceful religion and it disapproves of violence towards other religions, yet the extremists we're seeing make it look bad, which upsets true believers of that religion.

One bad apple ruins the basket.

- - - Post Merge - - -

*gets banned*

yes kapri sunz r mi favouirit drink fam wat u sayinz

Yeah, you are getting out of control.

I'll admit I do not know much about Judaism in terms of its followers. However, I do know there are multiple sects of Judaism. Some very liberal ones, like a fair portion of modern-day Christians, and some very conservative ones (I believe they are called Orthodox Jews).

There are those who consider themselves to be followers of Jesus Christ and identify as homosexual. There are those who identify and align with the democratic party, but approves of Trump's job performance in the White House. There are those who preach tolerance, but spew out intolerance.

There are varieties of everything.

That's a hypocritical statement.

If you aren't going to value the discussion and post meaningful and relevant things, please don't post at all.

Last edited:
The same thing is often put together with Christianity and every other religion, with Christianity being Anti-Gay Passage/Belief=Christianity=BAD.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I don't have to be a Christian to know this thread is going to hell.

same

It taints the view of the basket though. A lot of people see extremism in the media and falsely put two and two together that ISIS=Islam=BAD. It's like wearing rose-tinted glasses.

Yes. A fair number of individuals do put "ISIS=Islam=Bad." It's not right.

In my opinion, it should be... "ISIS=False Islam=Bad."

Last edited:
That's a hypocritical statement.

If you aren't going to value the discussion and post meaningful and relevant things, please don't post at all.

I'm sorry, but I am known by everyone to not handle arguments like these very well. I will admit that that was hypocritical, and I have said some really immature stuff on this thread, but at the same time, I really was being trolled.

Good Night.

Christians in the Middle East are persecuted. That's sad, and wrong. But it's not happening in the US.

It is sad and wrong. :c

We aren't seeing the same persecution of Christians in the United States Of America as we do in the Middle East. There is physical, social, political war on Christianity happening in the Middle East. I believe there is a (,irrelevant in somecases,) political war and social war on Christianity in the United States.

I'm sorry, but I am known by everyone to not handle arguments like these very well. I will admit that that was hypocritical, and I have said some really immature stuff on this thread, but at the same time, I really was being trolled.

Good Night.

I think I am done with this thread for the time being of tonight as well. I appreciate the civil conversation that was had. :blush:

I might re-join in later this evening, but there is a low chance of that. >3

Last edited:

We aren't seeing the same persecution of Christians in the United States Of America as we do in the Middle East. There is physical, social, political war on Christianity happening in the Middle East. I believe there is a (,irrelevant in somecases,) political war and social war on Christianity in the United States.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I think I am done with this thread for the time being of tonight as well. I appreciate the civil conversation that was had. :blush:

I might re-join in later this evening, but there is a low chance of that. >3

It's hypocritical as Christianity was birthed in the Middle-East. Radicalisation and discrimination has a lot to do with only 2-4% of the Middle East's population being Christians now.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I need a nap, cyaz

There are those who consider themselves to be followers of Jesus Christ and identify as homosexual. There are those who identify and align with the democratic party, but approves of Trump's job performance in the White House. There are those who preach tolerance, but spew out intolerance.

There are varieties of everything.

Okay, I'm not one who has ever said otherwise. I'm not one who has gone about saying that there are "true" Christians versus "fake" Christians.

In the USA there is a demand for secularism in the government and government-ran institutions. That's it. It's not persecution in the slightest.

What's with the 'fake' and 'real' Christians? They still all follow Christianity, nobody's fake.

All I think about is the botched Jesus painting versus the real one.

Hey guys. Please try harder to keep things civil and respectful and stop with the petty comments about how immature everyone else is. This is one of those topics that always seems to go down the tubes rather quickly, so if you don't feel as though you can discuss it without getting angry and going completely off-topic then it's best to just walk away and not post. We'll have to shut this down and issue formal warnings if we see any more of this.

Also, please stop with the comments about how horrible the thread is and how it needs to be closed. Just report the thread if you think it needs attention.

Thanks.

I believe there is a (,irrelevant in somecases,) political war and social war on Christianity in the United States.
yet there's not a single atheist out of all 535 members congress wow Christians are so underrepresented in the US the war on Christianity is too real

I think that Christianity brings profound negativity into the world, but I want to be really clear that I have nothing against Christians. Most Christians that I know are great people, and their personal beliefs about their religion are essentially the opposite of the messages that are in the bible. I think that if these kinds of regular Christians could commit to revising religious texts to more current Christian views of morality then I wouldn't have a problem with their beliefs at all. It's really too bad that so many people think that the bible is the word of God and not the words of horrific men that lived hundreds to thousands of years after Jesus lived.

There are people of all religions that bring good to the world. So yes, it does bring good. There are good people who do good things because of their faith and there are bad people who do bad things because of their faith.
To be perfectly honest I don't care what your religion is or race or nationality or sexuality or gender or anything. If you are nice I like you, if you are not I don't.

Last edited:
I'm a Christian myself, but allow me to go ahead and say that many people I meet that claim to be Christians don't act like ones.

Goodness. This topic is lmfao.
-- neutral --
I'm Christian myself and I go to a Catholic school for all my life.
Let me clarified everything.

Most idiotic Christians follow the Old Testament, so they are tons of negative vibe. In addition, it's part of the a mask excuse to use Christianity to mask the cult.

Anyways, we are supposed to follow the New Testament.
Jesus came down anyways to tell all the Jews like lol this is old rules, here are the new rules that God told me about.
BASICALLY, the OLD TESTAMENT is align or very very similar what the Jews and Muslim believes. WE actually believe in the same God! The only difference is the belief of Jesus or whoever is the Messiah.

"you support the things I have listed above." Are you insane? Get out of your high horse, and learn to be educated to different views of values of how people learn. THUS, they are branches of Christianity (Lutheran, Catholic, Protestant, and many more) because how the interpret the Bible differently. (some uneducated people literally follow word by word, whereas majority use it a as a moral story or guidance )

I would gladly discuss more about this situation. Other than that. This is basically a quick tl:dr

-----
I was hella fortunate enough that I was part of an open catholic / christian school that never discriminate everyone. Basically took religion class to make use understand, not to take the bible literally, but interrupt like an allegory or something. It's like you're reading a literature book. just never read it literally

Legit there's every good apple and bad apple in every religion, it's just we noticed the negative / bad apples because they voice out so much.

Last edited:
Goodness. This topic is lmfao.
-- neutral --
I'm Christian myself and I go to a Catholic school for all my life.
Let me clarified everything.

Most idiotic Christians follow the Old Testament, so they are tons of negative vibe. In addition, it's part of the a mask excuse to use Christianity to mask the cult.

Anyways, we are supposed to follow the New Testament.
Jesus came down anyways to tell all the Jews like lol this is old rules, here are the new rules that God told me about.
BASICALLY, the OLD TESTAMENT is align or very very similar what the Jews and Muslim believes. WE actually believe in the same God! The only difference is the belief of Jesus or whoever is the Messiah.

"you support the things I have listed above." Are you insane? Get out of your high horse, and learn to be educated to different views of values of how people learn. THUS, they are branches of Christianity (Lutheran, Catholic, Protestant, and many more) because how the interpret the Bible differently. (some uneducated people literally follow word by word, whereas majority use it a as a moral story or guidance )

I would gladly discuss more about this situation. Other than that. This is basically a quick tl:dr

-----
I was hella fortunate enough that I was part of an open catholic / christian school that never discriminate everyone. Basically took religion class to make use understand, not to take the bible literally, but interrupt like an allegory or something. It's like you're reading a literature book. just never read it literally

Legit there's every good apple and bad apple in every religion, it's just we noticed the negative / bad apples because they voice out so much.

To be fair my comment was very ignorant towards other Christian religions and for that I'm sorry, but I'm not sorry for sharing what I said because it is still my opinion and thoughts on Christianity and those who follow it word by word. That's why I kept mentioning that most Christians haven't read the Bible or take it seriously because if they did the world would be garbage. (Once again an opinion, which can be right or wrong depending on your position)

"Are you insane", Yes I am actually. "Get out of your high horse", I wasn't being arrogant in the first place I was stating my opinion, sorry if I offended you.

Last edited:
Back