• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Opinions on Christianity?

Your position on Christianity?

• Total voters
The Koran says:

Do you hate Muslims for parts of their holy book having despicable teachings?

If you answered "no", then why do you hate Christianity for that beautiful religion having some despicable teachings in their holy book?

I don't like any religion, so I don't care. I just want to live my life without being targeted by extremely religious people for who I want to love/marry. All religions are guilty of bringing more hatred and positivity. So I wouldn't call it 'beautiful'.

(Todd Starnes: Godless America)

A professor at the University of Kentucky who applied for a job directing the university's observatory but was turned down after the hiring committee found out he was a Christian.
A senior citizens' center in Port Wentworth, Georgia, that told elderly guests they could no longer pray over their meals;
A North Carolina pastor who was fired from his duties as an honorary chaplain for the state House of Representatives after he invoked the name of Jesus in a prayer;

Bibles and other religious materials that were briefly banned from Walter Reed Medical Center.
A Massachusetts eight-year-old boy who was sent home from school and ordered to undergo a psychiatric evaluation after he drew a picture of Jesus on a cross;
A Tennessee community college professor ordered her students to wear ribbons supporting gay rights and said those who believed in the traditional definition of marriage are just "uneducated bigots" who "attack homosexuals with hate," according to a legal firm representing several of the students in the class.

The first kink had no proof that those were Christians. The second guy was just an idiot and 99.99% of all Christians would never do anything like that.

A lot of mentally ill people state their vicious acts for someone of greater importance.

Last edited:
I don't like any religion, so I don't care. I just want to live my life without being targeted by extremely religious people for who I want to love/marry. All religions are guilty of bringing more hatred and positivity. So I wouldn't call it 'beautiful'.

I disagree. Positivity is shown more in religion or else it wouldn't be as popular as it is.

The good apples are Christians. The bad apples are not in my opinion.

Um... You don't get to do that. Just like I, as an atheist, don't get to turn around say that The Amazing Atheist is not an atheist, just because I think he's a terrible person.

Last edited:
I did my research, here's your source for Christian hate-crimes against homosexual people. are we just ignoring this and going off on opinions now. cougcoughcough

Like Alien51 said,
The first kink had no proof that those were Christians.

Um... You don't get to do that. Just like I, as an atheist, don't get to turn around say that The Amazing Atheist is not an atheist, just because I think he's a terrible person.

The Christians that condemn others are not true Christians...

That's what this educated man said.

Last edited:
(Todd Starnes: Godless America)

A lot of mentally ill people state their vicious acts for someone of greater importance.

this is literally like saying black people aren't oppressed. you cannot turn around and victimise christianity because that fits your agenda.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Did you see my post? It's there, go find it.

i only saw it after i posted that, welp sorry

The good apples are Christians. The bad apples are not in my opinion.

There are a lot of people who feel the same way, but the reality is that the "bad Christians" have basically taken over the religion. I know a few people who are Christians and stand up for women's rights, LGBT rights, etc., but they seem to be in the minority of people who identify themselves as Christians. That's why Christianity has such a negative reputation now. If the good people choose to use the same name as the bad people, then it's hard for us to tell our friends from enemies and knowing that the majority of self-identified Christians are against equal rights, we hear "Christian" and think that person is probably not our friend. So either Christians who believe in equality need to take their religion back from the bible-thumpers, or they need to use a different name so they stop getting lumped in with those bible-thumpers.

The Christians that condemn others are not true Christians...

And I'm saying you and Alien51 (or anyone, including myself) don't get to determine who is a true Christian and who is not. This is a fallacy.

Last edited:
Happy is the one who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks- Psalm 137:9

As in all the congregations of the saints, women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the Law says-1 Corinthians 14:34-35

A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent-1 Timothy 2:11-12

If anyone curses his father or mother, he must be put to death-Leviticus 20:9

Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to those who are good and considerate, but also to those who are harsh-Peter 2:18

the Quran is just as bad tbh

this is literally like saying black people aren't oppressed. you cannot turn around and victimise christianity because that fits your agenda.

Blacks are oppressed in a fair number of court cases and education.

I'm not victimizing Christianity. I'm bringing up the point that there is hate to all communities and it is unnecessary.

Also, look at that demographics of the last few years of Christianity in the Middle East. Christianity is a victim.

And I'm saying you and Alien51 (or anyone, including myself) don't get to determine who is a true Christian and who is not. This is a fallacy.

I can see where you're coming from but I whole heartedly disagree.

You can identify yourself with a religion and be an "extremist", "a true follower", or a "fake follower."

Happy is the one who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks- Psalm 137:9

As in all the congregations of the saints, women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the Law says-1 Corinthians 14:34-35

A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent-1 Timothy 2:11-12

If anyone curses his father or mother, he must be put to death-Leviticus 20:9

Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to those who are good and considerate, but also to those who are harsh-Peter 2:18

the Quran is just as bad tbh

Yes. The Koran and The Bible both teach (to fake followers and extremists) bad followings.

Last edited:
Blacks are oppressed in a fair number of court cases and education.

I'm not victimizing Christianity. I'm bringing up the point that there is hate to all communities and it is unnecessary.

Also, look at that demographics of the last few years of Christianity in the Middle East. Christianity is a victim.

And many Christians in the West hate Muslims. Basically all of the major religions hate each other and whichever one is the majority in a region oppresses the minority religions.

Last edited:

I can do whatever I want. Don't tell me how to live my life.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Once again, don't tell me what to do.

And many Christians in the West hate Muslims. Basically all of the major religions hate each other and whichever one is the majority in a region oppresses the minority religions.

SOME progressives (and left-leaning individuals) hate Christians, tolerate Muslims.

SOME Christians (and right-leaning individuals) hate Islam, tolerate progressives.

I can do whatever I want. Don't tell me how to live my life.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Once again, don't tell me what to do.

They're not telling you want to do.

I think they have no problem with you being a Christian, actually. Am I right?

You wish, lol.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Probably so.

From what I can assume and interpret, these people here are stating that religions are despicable because of the hate they teach (to fake followers and extremists).

Last edited:
Back