• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Town fruit resetting?

Aquari

|| My last few hours ||
Bells
Switch
1784-4250-6328
Aurora Sky
New Leaf Token
Green Balloon
So im starting new town and ive spent 2 days resetting for peach to be my town fruit and for a good town map layout. just barely i saw peaches in the main menu, talked to rover and found a good looking map layout, but when i finally arrived at my brand new town there was cherries, this has happened to me twice now, peaches in main menu and a different fruit when i arrive....is this how its always been or maybe the update screwed up how resetting works?

Literally everyone I know that's reset has gotten cherries?? I even had a friend reset a couple times. Cherries. Idk why so many people with cherries???

Literally everyone I know that's reset has gotten cherries?? I even had a friend reset a couple times. Cherries. Idk why so many people with cherries???

its not only cherries, its literally any fruit except the one i want, peaches. just tried resetting again and i got apples

you could cut down all the cherry trees and replace them with peaches lol

But yea, in every Animal Crossing game, when you create a new town it shows a different one on the menu to the one you're creating. It was frustrating, especially in City Folk.

But then you can't have golden peaches. I wanted apples so I could have golden apples but I got stupid cherries instead

you could cut down all the cherry trees and replace them with peaches lol

But yea, in every Animal Crossing game, when you create a new town it shows a different one on the menu to the one you're creating. It was frustrating, especially in City Folk.

but i couldve swore the town fruit matches the fruit in the menu, also i want perfect peach trees which i cant do unless i have peach as town fruit.\

Edit: finally got an "ok" town layout and peach as my town fruit, thank you everyone for helping, i guess im just a bit rusty because of my long break from this game, woops!

Last edited:
The same thing happens to me over and over extremely annoying, especially when you've found a good map and likeable villagers! I just keep resetting until I at least get a decent map and the fruit I want.

I've done the same thing when I started my second town. I was initially looking for apples or any fruit other than oranges and pears. It didn't take too long till I got peaches. They're my second favorite next to apples so I went ahead and accepted it. I love the map and the starting villagers were decent.

Anyway, it's good that you finally found yours!

It's a something I hate with a passion.
Would have originally had Apples according to the Title, but then it changed to Oranges!?
Perfect Oranges look great though. :3
Same goes with villagers, if you see someone such as... Poppy, she probably won't be in the town you have when you choose a map.

Last edited:
I've never restarted for fruit before :eek: I guess I just got lucky in both my towns (peaches and apples, my favourite) - always went with one of the first 4 maps Rover offered :p Glad you finally settled on your map though!

Back