• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Favorite David Bowie Song?

Haskell

Saving for a username change KEK
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
0000-0000-0000
What's your favorite David Bowie song?

a0M6kNA.jpg

I like 'Space Oddity', but I also appreciate 'Under Pressure' that he performed with Queen.​

Probably 'Starman' but I like a lot of the new stuff from Blackstar.

I reaLLy wanted to meet David Bowie one day, he's one of my idols, I was heartbroken when he died. T_T

Let's not mention the 1970's haircut, though.

Last edited:
I'm not well-versed enough in his music to have any unfortunately

*waits for Bowie's answer*

'Starman' is such a good song! :blush:

Yes. His music is timeless. He was so modest as an artist and his music was phenomenal. It was just a shame 2016 took all of our favourite people from us too soon.

'Tis A Pity She Was A Whore' and 'I Can't Give Everything Away' are really good on Blackstar, so was Lazarus. In case anyone hasn't listened to the album I highly recommend it.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm not well-versed enough in his music to have any unfortunately

*waits for Bowie's answer*

same, patiently waiting

This thread was made for me (literally, I would imagine).

Honestly, I prefer his later years to his early years. Anything from Reality, The Next Day Extra, Heathen, etc. is amazing. Young Americans is a favourite of mine as well. I actually find it really sad that so many people only know him for Ziggy Stardust and his super early hits. The more fans the merrier, obviously, but I can't stress enough that anyone who is interested in getting into Bowie needs to go beyond his first few albums.

As for my all-time favourite, if I absolutely had to choose:

Not really a Bowie song, but for as long as I can remember, Under Pressure has always been one of my favorite songs.

I agree with Jake. Even though it is a Queen song as well. Changes is a classic, specifically for a David Bowie song. If you could tell I don't consider myself a fan of David Bowie so my knowledge of his songs are limited

Last edited:
couldn't possibly pick just one.

I love
Rebel rebel; Jean genie; Suffragette City; Modern Love; China Girl; Starman; Queen *****; Changes; Ashes to ashes; It aint easy; Ziggy Stardust; The Man who Sold the World; Moonage Daydream; (it doesnt stop...)

China Girl is one of my faves, also really adore everything from the Labyrinth soundtrack since it's what got me hooked in the first place. But honestly I love all his music, I even have Space Oddity as my town tune in Valo. =]

The song from GTA IV comes to mind to me as it is the only song I have heard from him. "Fascination" has to be mine not only for the fact it is the only song I ever recall hearing of his, but I do love listening to it every time I hear it.

Hard to choose... maybe Rebel Rebel, Queen Bit**, Life on Mars, Moonage Daydream, Ashes to Ashes ...because I had those in loop in my head for quite a while.
I was less a fan of his 80' hits. I liked him with Tin Machine though. Heathen.
And Lazarus.

Last edited:
livin' on a prayer....oh wait.....

jk, id have to say mine is china girl

Haven't listened to much Bowie I'm ashamed to say, but out of what I have heard I really like Space Oddity and Life on Mars

Space Oddity, Rebel Rebel, Life on Mars, Starman, and Fame are my faves. There are so many others that I love though. He was such an amazing artist.

Space Oddity, Rebel Rebel, Life on Mars, Starman, and Fame are my faves. There are so many others that I love though. He was such an amazing artist.

I forgot about Fame, like I can't listen to it without dancing dramatically.

Back