• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Has anyone not made friends here?

I don't necessarily have friends on here. I do think almost everyone on here is great, though. I am always open to chatting with others but given how most people on here are younger, I'm fine with having minimal contact and don't wish to make anyone uncomfortable. Either way, I'm content. I'm mostly on here for AC stuff or to look at art. :)

Lol, noooope. I'm really terrible at making online connections. Not being able to see someone's face makes it hard for me to properly communicate, unfortunately.

I've always found it hard to make friends, and I never end up staying in contact with irl friends. I have a handful of people I'd consider friends at the moment in time but that is because we are all studying on the same MA course. So given my rl situation it makes it 10x harder when it's via a screen. I'd honestly love to have friends online though, I just don't know how to go about it without being creepy :eek:

Not really, I've spoken to some nice people though, whether it's through threads or visitor messages. I've only been here since November and I rarely approach people for conversation but I do enjoy it when people chat to me. Sometimes I'm just not sure how to initiate it in case it's unwanted on their end. I'm a little more cautious about who I talk to now too, hopefully that doesn't make me seem closed-off and unapproachable.

1 but we dont talk ever. ive been here for 5 years and have made no friends lol.

I used to try very hard to make friends here, but I think it's like in any other situation where if you don't try there becomes more opportunities to find friends who are really worth having :)!

I don’t have any friends on this particular forum. I think it’s great how pretty much everyone gets along with each other though! I wouldn’t be opposed to making friends here. I can’t really complain about it though. I haven’t exactly been going out of my way to try and make friends, which is probably why I haven’t formed any friendships. It’s a lack of effort on my part in the friend department. 😅

i had a group of friends i made back when i first joined but they’re all ia so i don’t have any friends on here anymore :p

I’ve been on this forum for a few months now but I’ve not made any friends. If I do then that’s great and if I don’t then that’s great again. I’m just happy to be part of an active forum with a wide range of topics to talk about with other ACNH fans. 😊

i have one (1) person I’d call a friend i met on here and we’ve been friends for seven years so 😌

the forum has enough friendly people though that even if i wouldn’t actively call them friends there are plenty i enjoy interacting with in threads

I have made friends here, but I usually don't talk to them back or vice versa.

I have been active on the forum for about a year and yes, I have been very blessed to have a few people I would call my friend 🥰 Everyone is lovely and although like In life it does take time to make friends it is easy to meet nice people. That is always the first step 💜💙💜

I have been active for a couple of years and have made several or more friends; two back when I played NL (neither are active anymore), a few have left the site, but the majority of my friends are still active :). I never expected to make friends because I’m really shy and have terrible anxiety and social skills; I’m extremely grateful to them for wanting to be my friend and being so patient and understanding about my issues. 🙏 Friend or not, I really enjoy talking to everyone here and appreciate the interactions I have with them even if our opinions differ since it has helped and continues to help me be more open minded :).

Well, I mean making friends can take time, just gotta find your group. When I first joined the Fogu forum back in 2013, it took me a while to find my group.

I have a feeling it’ll be the same here. I just joined TBT weeks ago, I don’t expect to grow over night.

I haven't. I'm kinda shy and don't post tons. I'd like to make some friends as people here seem really nice, and I've been having a lot of fun getting involved with events like the World Championship. The lack of friends won't put me off posting though :)

I have a few friends on here but it's moreso from talking in my discord server then interacting here. I've wanted to make more since everyone I've interacted with here has been so nice to me but haven't been in luck so far xD

Back