• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

AMA Ask SM64's #1 Fan!

Never played it, nor have I ever seen someone play it. All I've seen are short clips Nintendo has shown about it.

I don't really think it's that interesting. Why does everyone love it so much, anyways?

I've been wondering this ever since it came out. I have tried it myself and I really don't get the appeal.

I've been wondering this ever since it came out. I have tried it myself and I really don't get the appeal.

I can understand, in a way, how it can be fun. Going around, trying to cover more ground than the other team. I've seen quite a few games with this concept, including that one Mario Party 8 minigame.

But the game in general doesn't really appeal to me. I have had a Wii U for about 4 years, and I've known about the game since it was released two years ago, but I have never been interested in it, nor have I had the desire to get the game. I want to know what it is about Splatoon that everybody loves so much. Maybe it's just the game's mechanics? Maybe it's the online multiplayer?

To be honest, the only games I ever play online (albeit rarely) are Mario Kart 8 and AC:NL.

Fair enough! I personally love Twilight Princess, though. They're both fantastic. ❤

Ever played Glover 64? If you haven't, you can't call yourself a N64 fan!

I have never seen the presence of, nor have I ever even heard of Glover 64. Is that like some obscure N64 game that nobody ever talks about or plays? :lemon:

- - - Post Merge - - -

Fair enough! I personally love Twilight Princess, though. They're both fantastic. ❤

I've never played Twilight Pricess, but I have watched my friend play it. That's her favorite Zelda game. It looked pretty cool from what I saw.

I like how Wolf Link can jump off a cliff and not take any damage. What's the deal with that?

Glover 64 is pretty obscure, I don't blame ya! But it's a great game that I played the heck out of back in the N64 days :D

I can tell ya a quick list of N64 games I fondly remember!

Paper Mario
Diddy Kong Racing
Yoshi's Story
Super Mario 64
Glover 64
OoT
MM
Banjo Kazooie
Banjo Tooie

Let me stop it there or else this could go on for Oracle of AGES!

Thoughts on Super Mario Sunshine & Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door?

Last edited:
Thoughts on Super Mario Sunshine & Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door?

You're asking me about two games I have never played before. Heck, I've never even seen someone play TTYD before :lemon: I didn't grow up with a GCN, unfortunately...

I hear that they're both really good games. I want to try them out, but I've never seen a copy of either one in a store.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Glover 64 is pretty obscure, I don't blame ya! But it's a great game that I played the heck out of back in the N64 days :D

I can tell ya a quick list of N64 games I fondly remember!

Paper Mario
Diddy Kong Racing
Yoshi's Story
Super Mario 64
Glover 64
OoT
MM
Banjo Kazooie
Banjo Tooie

Let me stop it there or else this could go on for Oracle of AGES!

No! You can't forget Mario Kart 64!!!

A few more (all of which I have) are:
Mario Party 1
Goldeneye 007
Another superfluous NBA game
Off Road Challenge
Pokemon Stadium

Silly me! :blush:

I guess I rank Diddy Kong Racing a little higher than MK64 ^.^

Here's my question: ever turned the control stick in circles so hard in those Mario Party games that you burned the skin off your palm? I sure have :p

Oh, and the one and only SUPER SMASH BROS!!!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Silly me! :blush:

I guess I rank Diddy Kong Racing a little higher than MK64 ^.^

Here's my question: ever turned the control stick in circles so hard in those Mario Party games that you burned the skin off your palm? I sure have :p

Not usually. 95% of the time I play Mario Party with my friend, and two is definitely better than 1.

Of course, when we;'re against each other (i.e. 3 vs 1 minigame), I definitely burn a hole in my hand :rolleyes:

Wii (2006), console itself?

It's pretty cool. I like swinging the remotes around violently, especially without a wrist strap on. Heck, I really don't even know where my wrist straps are.

My Wii held up for a long time, and I had a lot of fun with it, especially on all those different channels, including the forecast channel. When Nintendo shut down Wi-fi and all those channels just went *poof*, I sort of lost interest in it. I still really enjoyed playing games like SMG2 and Mario Kart Wii, though.

My Wii ended up bricking itself about 2 years ago, and I just recently transferred all my save data to the Wii U so I could format it. But the issue is, the dang system won't even format. It's done for. (RIP my wii 2008-2017)

But you know what? I care about the Wii so much, that I'm just gonna go out and get a new one. I mean, where else will I be able to watch Netflix and feel that nostalgia at the same time? :rolleyes:

And restarting all my games is gonna give it that fresh, new feeling. I get to start all over. Relive all those awesome days I spent playing the Wii at 6 in the morning when everyone else was still asleep.

So as you can tell, I really enjoy the Wii :lemon:

Back