AMA Ask SM64's #1 Fan!

what do you think of the paper mario games?

I've played the one on the N64 and Super Paper Mario on the Wii.

I absolutely loved the first one (it's on the N64. Coincidence? N64 games are the best obvs). Played it about 4 years ago. I beat it all the way through and enjoyed every second of it. I actually made a comic of the scene where the penguins accused Mario of murdering the mayor. I'm thinking about playing through it again; as a matter of fact, I had forgotten until just now but I actually started a new game recently! Oh, and I love the crystal king. Not sure why tho.

Super Paper Mario is okay. I've played all the way through it, also, though it took me longer because it wasn't as interesting as the first game. Probably because SPM takes on a complete 2D perspective (with the ability to "flip"), and the one on the N64 was like 2D characters in a 3D environment so it was kinda cool. I do like the use of pixls, though, and also the ability to play as other characters like Peach and Bowser.

I've never played Thousand Year Door, Sticker Star, or Color Splash (and isn't there a new one? Star Rush? They're just poopin them out now xDDDD). Never really had enough interest to play them.

Update: I just realized that the latter is a Party game. Holy crap I'm falling behind, I can't even keep track of them now!!!! xD

Last edited:
Do you have coconuts growing on your beach in 'Animal Crossing: New Leaf'?

I've played the one on the N64 and Super Paper Mario on the Wii.

I absolutely loved the first one (it's on the N64. Coincidence? N64 games are the best obvs). Played it about 4 years ago. I beat it all the way through and enjoyed every second of it. I actually made a comic of the scene where the penguins accused Mario of murdering the mayor. I'm thinking about playing through it again; as a matter of fact, I had forgotten until just now but I actually started a new game recently! Oh, and I love the crystal king. Not sure why tho.

Super Paper Mario is okay. I've played all the way through it, also, though it took me longer because it wasn't as interesting as the first game. Probably because SPM takes on a complete 2D perspective (with the ability to "flip"), and the one on the N64 was like 2D characters in a 3D environment so it was kinda cool. I do like the use of pixls, though, and also the ability to play as other characters like Peach and Bowser.

I've never played Thousand Year Door, Sticker Star, or Color Splash (and isn't there a new one? Star Rush? They're just poopin them out now xDDDD). Never really had enough interest to play them.

holy crap, if you loved the first one, you HAVE to play Thousand Year Door! Its so good, its literally just like the first one, but they improved upon it so much! literally try to figure out some way to play it

Wasn't Bob highly-liked in the 'Animal Crossing: Population Growing' version of 'Animal Crossing'?

Ah, I see. It controls really well on the Wii version, but I can see why you wouldn't be interested in it. It's one of my personal favorites though.

Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask?

OMG I LOVE OCARINA OF TIME!!!!!!!!

It's my favorite Zelda game out of all of them!! (Again, it's an N64 game. More coincidence?? Lol)

I own its predecessor, Link's Awakening, on the Game Boy. OOT is a HUGE step up from the old gameplay style. At the time it was a Zelda game like no other. I apparently used to watch my mom play it when I was a baby in 1999.

I love the gameplay, but again, like other games in the series, I have to use a strategy guide for a few tough spots. I am currently in the Water Temple and I'm actually a bit scared to try it.

When I was younger, I used to just go around and do random stuff. Going fishing at Lake Hylia was and still is one of my favorite things to do. I also like to bother the guy in the windmill in Kakariko. I still do things like swim around and catch fish with a bottle in Zora's Domain and make fun of all the little kids in Kokiri Forest. I also like to find the skull kid in the Lost Woods and play with him on the ocarina. Idk it's just a fun game in general, even when you're not going through the dungeons and plot.

I don't actually own Majora's Mask on N64, but I do have it on my computer through Project 64. I'm up to the first dungeon in the game. So far it seems like a really cool game, but I still don't understand what that dog in front of the Termina clock tower has against me. I also really want to find the Keaton, since everyone loved it in OOT.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Have you ever gone in the lighthouse in 'Animal Crossing: Population Growing'?

Yeah, but since I did it last year and got the lighthouse model, I decided not to do it again this year. I don't play that game as often as I used to.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Do you have coconuts growing on your beach in 'Animal Crossing: New Leaf'?

Yeah:3

- - - Post Merge - - -

Wasn't Bob highly-liked in the 'Animal Crossing: Population Growing' version of 'Animal Crossing'?

I have him in my town on GCN. He's okay, but I love his house, cause he has an N64 logo in the corner of his room :D

Have you ever had a tan in 'Animal Crossing: Population Growing'?

Last edited:
OMG I LOVE OCARINA OF TIME!!!!!!!!

It's my favorite Zelda game out of all of them!! (Again, it's an N64 game. More coincidence?? Lol)

I own its predecessor, Link's Awakening, on the Game Boy. OOT is a HUGE step up from the old gameplay style. At the time it was a Zelda game like no other. I apparently used to watch my mom play it when I was a baby in 1999.

I love the gameplay, but again, like other games in the series, I have to use a strategy guide for a few tough spots. I am currently in the Water Temple and I'm actually a bit scared to try it.

When I was younger, I used to just go around and do random stuff. Going fishing at Lake Hylia was and still is one of my favorite things to do. I also like to bother the guy in the windmill in Kakariko. I still do things like swim around and catch fish with a bottle in Zora's Domain and make fun of all the little kids in Kokiri Forest. I also like to find the skull kid in the Lost Woods and play with him on the ocarina. Idk it's just a fun game in general, even when you're not going through the dungeons and plot.

I don't actually own Majora's Mask on N64, but I do have it on my computer through Project 64. I'm up to the first dungeon in the game. So far it seems like a really cool game, but I still don't understand what that dog in front of the Termina clock tower has against me. I also really want to find the Keaton, since everyone loved it in OOT.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yeah, but since I did it last year and got the lighthouse model, I decided not to do it again this year. I don't play that game as often as I used to.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yeah:3

- - - Post Merge - - -

I have him in my town on GCN. He's okay, but I love his house, cause he has an N64 logo in the corner of his room :D

Trust me, the Water Temple is nothing compared to the Fire Temple. Or every dungeon except the first in Majora's Mask, basically. At least in my opinion. MM you'll have to 100% to truly experience though. OOT I have a lot of memories with as a child too. It was such a huge world as a kid but when you grow up it kinda loses it's magic, which is why I love Twilight Princes..I love riding around the horse hearing the music change through it. It's magical.

Which is the best Animal Crossing game in your opinion?

Have you ever had a tan in 'Animal Crossing: Population Growing'?

Not really. I usually don't stay on the island long enough to get a tan.I have gotten slightly dark, though.

Now New Leaf is a totally different story. I've gotten the darkest tan possible on there (you can see picture here).

- - - Post Merge - - -

Which is the best Animal Crossing game in your opinion?

I really like New Leaf because of all the new features compared to City Folk, like being able to change pants and shoes, the ability to have ordinances and set up PWPs, change the complete exterior of your house, be able to choose where you live, etc.

The GCN version is my second favorite because it's very nostalgic to me. Plus, it's AN N64 GAME!! Well, technically a GCN game, but Dobutsu no Mori was an N64 game. And it has those awesome cheesy graphics :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm singing off for the night. I'm worn out! Got school tomorrow, but I'll be back online around 4:30pm-5:00pm GMT-5.

Not really. I usually don't stay on the island long enough to get a tan.I have gotten slightly dark, though.

Now New Leaf is a totally different story. I've gotten the darkest tan possible on there (you can see picture here).

- - - Post Merge - - -

I really like New Leaf because of all the new features compared to City Folk, like being able to change pants and shoes, the ability to have ordinances and set up PWPs, change the complete exterior of your house, be able to choose where you live, etc.

The GCN version is my second favorite because it's very nostalgic to me. Plus, it's AN N64 GAME!! Well, technically a GCN game, but Dobutsu no Mori was an N64 game. And it has those awesome cheesy graphics :)

I guess we share the same opinion on Animal Crossing then. :p

Anything you miss from the original AC game?

I guess we share the same opinion on Animal Crossing then. :p

Anything you miss from the original AC game?

I liked the acre system because you could locate things easily. Like if you didn't have enough trees in an acre the well would tell you. But I guess they kinda remedied this issue in New Leaf.

I also miss the ball. I loved finding a giant basketball in the dump and kicking it around with the other villagers.

Acres...Oh how I miss Acres...

That and the overall feel of the original surpassed NL. The music in particular. For some reason the music of that game defines it.

Worst addition in New Leaf?

who do you think would be good villager(s) for a dessert themed town besides merengue and sprinkles?

Last edited:
who do you think would be good villager(s) for a dessert themed town besides merengue and sprinkles?

Zucker is pretty awesome. He's been one of my favorite New Leaf villagers since he was first revealed. And I've heard people say that Marshal looks like a marshmallow but I don't generally approve of him, so I wouldn't have him.

And Ik that Tangy, Chadder, and Frita aren't really dessert, but they're pretty great, too.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Ever heard a game call okami? Or okamiden?

I've heard of it, but I have no idea what it's about.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Did you ever lose your hat in Super Mario 64?

OMG YES!!

I know that Mario takes more damage when he doesn't have a hat on, but his hair is so adorable!!!! <3 <3 <3

I also love to do the glitch in shifting sand land where Mario can hold the hat in his hand and punch stuff with it ^^

Ever done the rocket nozzle super jump glitch in Mario Sunshine?

I've never played Super Mario Sunshine.

tbh I only have 2 gamecube games I like xDD Animal Crossing and Luigi's Mansion.

- - - Post Merge - - -

are you hyped for botw?

Very hyped!

But I'm SUPER DUPER DUPER DUPER HYPED UP FOR SUPER SUPER SUPER MARIO ODYSSEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back