• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

AMA Ask SM64's #1 Fan!

Tell me some things you like about Mario Sunshine. :cool:
Dis guy--->
300px-KingbooSunshine.jpg

What's your least favorite N64 game?

And what is your least favorite thing in SM64?

What's your least favorite N64 game?

And what is your least favorite thing in SM64?

I don't necessarily have a least favorite N64 game, but I'm not a big fan of shooting or first-person shooter games like Goldeneye 007. I know it's good but I personally don't like it. All the N64 games I've played I thought were great.

One of my least favorite things in SM64 is the camera. A lot of people would agree that the camera is a bit wonky and sometimes doesn't want to cooperate properly. Poor camera angle makes levels like Rainbow Ride more difficult than they should be.

The controls are a bit weird too. Just like the camera (which probably makes the controls worse anyways), controls ruin levels like Rainbow Ride. Just the other day I was trying to get the 6th star, and I feel from donut blocks right before the ship all the way down to the spinning platforms, just because the controls are a bit stiff. Most of the time, though, it doesn't bother me much.

I think the biggest experience ruiner for me is some of the enemies. For example, Kuromame, that little black ball that spits heat seeking fireballs. Also the fly guys; they made it really hard for me to try to get to Eyerok in Shifting Sand Land years ago. I also hate amps (I hate them in every game tho), the sliding stones, Moneybag, spindrift, ukiki (though he's not necessarily an enemy)... surprisingly quite a few more.

All 3 of those tie together to make slightly annoying aspects of the game, but tbh there's so many things I love about the game, that I normally don't notice the bad parts.

wii u, or wii?

That's a tough one, but I'm leaning towards Wii.

The Wii U only had a few games that I loved: SM 3D World, Mario Kart 8, kinda Captain Toad.... and that's all I can think of right now.
The Wii had quite a few games that I absolutely love. SMG2, AC City Folk, and Mario Kart Wii, to name a few.

To be honest, neither have a whole library of games that I absolutely love. I think the game system that has the most games for it that I love is the N64, at about 6 or 7.

But if I had to choose, I would pick the Wii. The Wii U has a big opportunity and Nintendo just blew it .-.

Listed in order, What are your favorite Nintendo consoles? From the NES to the Switch. Each console needs a paragraph explaining why. And I diagram. The NES classic is included. And obscure ones like the virtual boy. Have fun!

Listed in order, What are your favorite Nintendo consoles? From the NES to the Switch. Each console needs a paragraph explaining why. And I diagram. The NES classic is included. And obscure ones like the virtual boy. Have fun!

Well obviously I'm not going to include my not favorites so I'm just gonna leave the Virtual Boy out of this :lemon:
And diagrams are overrated but I will try to add one.

I have had an NES for almost 7 years so I have no reason to buy a NES Classic edition. Part of the reason why I love it so much it because it's like an 80's pop culture icon, and I love anything and everything that has to do with the 1980's. I also really love NES music, because that 8-bit sound is unique and very recognizable. Another thing I like about it is how many awful games it produced, but for the few that were actually pretty good, they were all-time classics. Oh, and SMB3? Gotta love that tanooki suit.:lemon:

The SNES actually is one of my top favorite video game consoles of all time, particularly because I spent half of my childhood playing Super Mario World and SimCity. I'm actually playing SimCity as we speak.Some of my best memories were from times I played the SNES, and I am constantly reminiscing about those good times. It was probably around my 6th or 7th grade year.

Now the N64 is a totally different story... it's not just my favorite game console, it's like one of my favorite things ever!! That's including everything you could possible get, like a fancy house or a new car. Holy crap I'm sounding childish right now I'm just gonna stop So I grew up with the N64 in my early childhood. My mom showed me pictures of me watching her play Zelda OOT when I was a baby (and I mean like a baby baby). My mom ended up selling it when I was about 4 years old, back in 2004 or 2005. I actually got another one back in 2010 (same time I got my NES and SNES), and some of the games I got with it include SM64, Ocarina of Time, Perfect Dark, and Goldeneye 007. That was around the time when I realized that Super Mario 64 is one of the most awesome and fun games I've ever played, and when I also realized I love 3D games. Obviously SM64 is the definitive 3D game. As you can tell by my username, When I signed up for The Bell Tree forums back in 2011, I decided to make sure that people know that I am a huge fan of SM64. And how can you resist that N64 logo? It's so cute!!

I'm a bit skeptical about adding the Wii, but it is almost one of my favorite consoles because it has Super Mario Galaxy 2, which is my second favorite game behind SM64 (that throwback galaxy yo lol). I also like how the Wii was innovative in adding motion controls. They knew exactly how to bring out the best in the Wii with their games (which, unfortunately, was not the case with the Wii U). There are a few games on there I really enjoy, like MK Wii and Animal Crossing: City Folk. But wow that SMG2, ya gotta give it a go if you haven't already. Go to that throwback galaxy boi.

There are a couple other consoles that I absolutely love the games on, but not the console itself. For instance, I really like Link's Awakening on GameBoy, Animal Crossing on GCN, Super Mario 3D World on Wii U, and ACNL and Flipnote 3D on 3DS, but they don't rank among my favorite Nintendo consoles.
Untitled drawing (1).jpg
That is all :rolleyes:

Holy crap that post was long .-.

Last edited:
How long have you been gaming?
2zfmt6w.png

Well I've been playing video games my whole lofe, but I started to become a serious gamer when I played Pokemon Fire Red version in 5th grade back in like late 2009.

I really became a gamer probably when I was in 7th grade; I was in homeschooling that year, 2011-2012, and I spent most of my time playing SM64, SMG2, SNES games, and various others.

Or maybe I started to become a gamer when I started playing Animal Crossing on the GCN back in January of 2008:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Ever considered PC gaming?

Nope. I've tried it before, and I find that I can never get used to the controls. I can barely even play the N64 emulator on my computer. I'd rather watch my brother play PC games instead.

The only PC game I really play is The Sims 1 and I rly don't play that anymore.

Back