AMA Ask SM64's #1 Fan!

I know u said Nintendo...but crash and Spyro?

I know u said Nintendo...but crash and Spyro?

I never played Crash Bandicoot, but I did like playing the old Spyro games when I was younger. My favorite one was Year of the Dragon, and after that, Ripto's Rage. I still have both of those games. That was back in the day when I really didn't care about beating a game; I just ran around and did random stupid stuff all over the place (and what better game to do that with than one where you're a dragon??).

I have never completed any Spyro game 100%, but I have gotten pretty far, around 70% or 80%. I remember my brother beating Year of the Dragon like 117% or something xD

The newest game in the series I have played is Enter the Dragonfly, and that's as far as I'll go. The series became less appealing after that.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I just realized this, but like all of those childhood games I loved so much have to same concept as SM64, where you go to each level multiple times and do different tasks...

Dang SM64 is a fine game.

What do you think of Donkey Kong and how its hard to own the original arcade verson?
(Donkey Kong 64 cartridge has it playable as a minigame ingame)

MMORPGS?

Sims?

Skyrim?

I have no idea what an MMORPG is.

The Sims series in general is really cool, but I like SimCity more tbh. I have it on the SNES and it is one of my all-time favorites.

Never played Skyrim in my life, but it looks really drawn out and complicated. Don't know if I want to play it.

What do you think of Donkey Kong and how its hard to own the original arcade verson?
(Donkey Kong 64 cartridge has it playable as a minigame ingame)

Donkey Kong is a pretty good game, especially for its time. I wouldn't doubt that the original arcade cabinet is difficult to get; they can run anywhere between $800-$1500, probably depending on its condition.

I know a lot of games that have Donkey Kong playable in them, including Animal Crossing on the GCN.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Fire emblem fates?

I have never played a fire emblem game, and I have never seen anyone play a fire emblem game. I've seen its artwork; it just doesn't really appeal to me.

Wario or Waluigi?

Well, in my bio I said Wario is the best brother but they're both great tbh. Can't really choose. I always alternate between the two in Mario Kart Wii/8. Unfortunately, Waluigi didn't appear until Mario Tennis in 2000, so games prior to that like MK64 and Mario Party 1 I play as the fat guy.

- - - Post Merge - - -

What do you think of the Paper Mario series?

It's pretty good. I loved the first game on the N64, and I've heard a lot of good things about TTYD. I have Super Paper Mario on the Wii, and it's okay but I feel like then and there it started to lose its charm. I haven't had any interest in playing Sticker Star or Color Splash at all (even though my snifit boi is on color splash T.T ).

I liked sticker star, you should try it with an open mind, i think it doesn't deserve the reputation it has.

As for a question.

N64-era Toad voice or Modern Toad voice?

Well I've really heard nothing but bad stuff about Sticker Star. I suppose I would have to play the game myself to see if I like it or not, but I don't want to buy it just to figure out that I don't like it.

As for the question, I don't really mind his voice either way. I really don't. I think that the only game where Toad's voice bothers me is Mario Kart DS. There might be other games where his voice is like that that I don't know of. But from the games that I have played where he has some sort of voice acting, I don't mind either way.

BOMP bomp boi.jpg

- - - Post Merge - - -

OMG WHO PUT GRINDEL IN THE TAGS?????

Grindel needs love too yall T.T
Super Mario 64 (U) snap0004.jpg

Back