• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

AMA Ask SM64's #1 Fan!

I know u said Nintendo...but crash and Spyro?

I know u said Nintendo...but crash and Spyro?

I never played Crash Bandicoot, but I did like playing the old Spyro games when I was younger. My favorite one was Year of the Dragon, and after that, Ripto's Rage. I still have both of those games. That was back in the day when I really didn't care about beating a game; I just ran around and did random stupid stuff all over the place (and what better game to do that with than one where you're a dragon??).

I have never completed any Spyro game 100%, but I have gotten pretty far, around 70% or 80%. I remember my brother beating Year of the Dragon like 117% or something xD

The newest game in the series I have played is Enter the Dragonfly, and that's as far as I'll go. The series became less appealing after that.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I just realized this, but like all of those childhood games I loved so much have to same concept as SM64, where you go to each level multiple times and do different tasks...

Dang SM64 is a fine game.

What do you think of Donkey Kong and how its hard to own the original arcade verson?
(Donkey Kong 64 cartridge has it playable as a minigame ingame)

MMORPGS?

Sims?

Skyrim?

I have no idea what an MMORPG is.

The Sims series in general is really cool, but I like SimCity more tbh. I have it on the SNES and it is one of my all-time favorites.

Never played Skyrim in my life, but it looks really drawn out and complicated. Don't know if I want to play it.

What do you think of Donkey Kong and how its hard to own the original arcade verson?
(Donkey Kong 64 cartridge has it playable as a minigame ingame)

Donkey Kong is a pretty good game, especially for its time. I wouldn't doubt that the original arcade cabinet is difficult to get; they can run anywhere between $800-$1500, probably depending on its condition.

I know a lot of games that have Donkey Kong playable in them, including Animal Crossing on the GCN.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Fire emblem fates?

I have never played a fire emblem game, and I have never seen anyone play a fire emblem game. I've seen its artwork; it just doesn't really appeal to me.

Wario or Waluigi?

Well, in my bio I said Wario is the best brother but they're both great tbh. Can't really choose. I always alternate between the two in Mario Kart Wii/8. Unfortunately, Waluigi didn't appear until Mario Tennis in 2000, so games prior to that like MK64 and Mario Party 1 I play as the fat guy.

- - - Post Merge - - -

What do you think of the Paper Mario series?

It's pretty good. I loved the first game on the N64, and I've heard a lot of good things about TTYD. I have Super Paper Mario on the Wii, and it's okay but I feel like then and there it started to lose its charm. I haven't had any interest in playing Sticker Star or Color Splash at all (even though my snifit boi is on color splash T.T ).

What's your favorite Mario 64 level?

What's your favorite Mario 64 level?

THE FORTRESS!!! Definitely the fortress. Part of the reason why I was so hyped to get SMG2 cause they brought it back!!

I also really like Shifting Sand Land. Because Grindels and Spindels are totally underrated :rolleyes:

xx

Last edited:
I liked sticker star, you should try it with an open mind, i think it doesn't deserve the reputation it has.

As for a question.

N64-era Toad voice or Modern Toad voice?

Well I've really heard nothing but bad stuff about Sticker Star. I suppose I would have to play the game myself to see if I like it or not, but I don't want to buy it just to figure out that I don't like it.

As for the question, I don't really mind his voice either way. I really don't. I think that the only game where Toad's voice bothers me is Mario Kart DS. There might be other games where his voice is like that that I don't know of. But from the games that I have played where he has some sort of voice acting, I don't mind either way.

BOMP bomp boi.jpg

- - - Post Merge - - -

OMG WHO PUT GRINDEL IN THE TAGS?????

Grindel needs love too yall T.T
Super Mario 64 (U) snap0004.jpg

Back