• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

First video game console you bought with your own money?

xSuperMario64x

Canadian at heart 💜🇨🇦
Peach 🍑
Coconut 🥥
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
8558-0128-9692
Island
He/him
Green Bunny Balloon
Cyan Bunny Balloon
Snow Bunny
Fresh Feather
Cool Feather
So I was wondering, just like the title says, what the first game system you ever bought was!

Mine was an indigo Gamecube. Got it back in 2013 for $35, and it came with 4 games (none of which I've ever played) and 2 controllers (one of them was partially broken though).

I really didn't have a reason to get it; I had a Wii, 2 GCN controllers, and 2 memory cards. I think it was because I just missed having one (I got a black one in 2008 and it was sold shortly after because we got a Wii). Or maybe because I liked watching the little cube roll around when I booted up the console. xDD

DS Lite I think! Bought it for Pokemon Diamond back in the day

I bought a PS Vita my first year in college as a "wow, you're actually trying" gift. I also failed that entire semester...Ooops!

The first console I bought with my own money, was my PS4. That thing cost me around $400, as they were still brand new.

yeah A playstation. I saved all summer to get a sega saturn, but when i went to walmart they didnt have any, but they had this playstation thing that looked pretty cool. I was 14.

PSP, which I didn't keep for very long. XD

The upcoming switch! ahah, my dad's gonna pick it up for me during school

Probably my Xbox One? My brothers friend was selling it for ?100. I also got a PS3 for ?50 odd, but that was later on

Most of the consoles I have were gifts from Christmas.

Last edited:
The first I bought myself was either a Gamecube or the original Xbox (twas the crystal one). I already had a PS2, so I didn't need to buy one.

Really can't remember which I got first, but I still have the Gamecube whilst the Xbox is pretty much the only console I had no second thoughts about selling.

I do also plan on buying a Switch with my own money, but not until I get a job when I'm in college. Probably sometime later this year.

The New Nintendo 3DS that was on sale for $100 during Black Friday

Previous consoles were either gifts or split (price and usage wise) by my older brother and I

My Pikachu 3DS XL. I didn't hesitate to run past people for it. There were only 5 per store and I had to race against resellers. :p

my wii u, it is the only console i have bought myself.
i got my wii as a christmas gift together w/ my three siblings, got my 3ds for my birthday and the rest of the consoles we have are my siblings' that i borrow or have been given after they lost interest or upgraded to a newer console

Back