First video game console you bought with your own money?

Nintendo 3DS XL
The other systems I own/owned were always birthdays or Christmas gifts. I have bought my own games prior though!!

New 3DS XL which I bought pretty recently?I was really unsure if I should upgrade to a bigger screen and found a cheaper than usual N3DS XL for ?120 which was in really good condition and cheaper than the New 2DS XL (?130)

The first non-used console I purchased was a joint-purchase with my brother, the PS2. Lots of lawns mowed that year.

my black 3ds! i got it four months ago just to play acnl haha! i bought it secondhand on ebay which was super shady of me, but i was kind of desperate and it was in a bundle with a used acnl cartridge so ehhhh

deal$

I can't say "bought", since nearly every console and game I have were given as gifts.
BUT, I can't remember if the gameboy, DS Lite, or GameCube were the first consoles I ever PLAYED with.
I remember those Super Mario Games (I forgot what it was called, it was Both Luigi and Mario in a RPG game though :p
I remember Luigi's Haunted Mansion (I was scared half to death every time)
I also remember Super Mario Strikers (I was a pro back then, but now I'm absolute crap at it ;l)
I also remember Super Mario Sunshine! Best game BY FAR in GameCube.
Super Mario Kart Dashers, Where the only time you had TWO characters in the same kart!
SpongeBob, (embarrassing)
And I can't remember this one game, Where you walked around talking to people... I only remember it vaguely.

Partially my Wii U, my mum went halfsies on it with me. But first fully was my PS4. I've been playing games since the N64 days but all other consoles I've ever had were gifts and shared between my sister and me.

With my own money hmm.. Well when I was young I was given ones like Nintendo Cats + Dogs. So technically It wasn't with my own money. Actually the first one I bought with my own money Animal Crossing New Leaf & Happy Home Designer. It's weird I recently bought a second ACNL as a backup just incase something happens to the first and on it was a town already saved onto it. It was a person called Neepula in the town of Panda. The town was overgrown with weeds and looks like it had been abandoned for more then 5 months. It was a pre-owned because the original/normal ones were sold out xD

I think the 1st one I bought with my own money was my DSi.

A silver Gameboy SP when I was ten, it was only 100 bucks though. Spent a lot of time doing chores to save up for that thing.

I bought a gameboy SP from my friend for like $10 with Pokemon Ruby so that was pretty great.

Last edited:
Back